(Topic ID: 257659)

Why Did You Buy Rick & Morty Before Playing?

By BMore-Pinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by hawkmoon
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Your Number 1 Reason For Buying This Game”

• Theme Alone 31 votes
    28%
  • Theme Integration 4 votes
    4%
  • Scott Danesi 40 votes
    36%
  • It's a Spooky Game 9 votes
    8%
  • Game Looks Fun 7 votes
    6%
  • It was just the time to get Schwifty 21 votes
    19%

(112 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 4 years ago

Can’t pick more than one so I voted Scott Danesi but would also have voted Spooky game.

Honestly the theme is great and I’m loving that they can have the creator and voice actor involved. But I had honestly never heard of RM until last Friday. Just watched 5 episodes thus far. But I like it as a theme because of the comic science fiction elements.

Scott and Spooky (Charley) go together like peanut butter and jelly. I don’t know how one can be viewed without the other. Scott needed Spooky to believe in him and allow him to show his vision not some beancounter watered down version.

Throw in the new talent of Bowen and Eric (?) omg can it be possible maybe I’m throwing too much credit too soon but this could be an epic code game too.

Plus Spooky adds the little details like the sound system, Scott the music and just a bit different like one pop bumper in place of sling. Hopefully that will work well.

Honestly was not going to order until I saw Charley with his overview video and how excited he was just got me excited as well.

#41 4 years ago

Never played but I have a feeling with Scott design it will shoot well and with Bowen and Eric will have great code. The theme is great already.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Apparently he liked pinball in the Bally/Williams era and wasn't aware of Stern's presence. Sounds like he's interested in Star Wars as a first pin.

A lot of people I know are not aware that new machines are still being made.

SW is a great machine but it’s somewhat brutal which I like but could be frustrating for a first pin.

2 weeks later
#54 4 years ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

I'm absolutely in love with the show. I was really intrigued with Alice Cooper as well (wish I could afford both!!!!!!) and then poof this dropped into my lap.
Heard great things about danesi and total nuclear; if they can make that game THAT much fun with that layout I think this could be one of the all time greats. I actually love the layout, and just how there's new stuff everywhere.
Will it be good? Who knows. I'm pretty low in the queue so if it's not to my liking I'll play it for a few months and spooky won't even be 1/2 some their production run. Figured it was a safe enough bet.....
Rick and Morty is one of my favorite all time asked, I love the dark humor and I'm so glad a non mainstream company got it. Stern would have made it lame as hell

I’d never heard of R&M show before the pin was announced. Not even kidding but I’ve started to watch and it’s really good especially as a pinball theme.

Reason I bought was because of TNA it’s awesome and I think Scott did almost everything on TNA such as layout and code and sound and music. It’s kind of a special pin in that regard, he didn’t do the art but most of the rest. Anyway you could say Scott had even more riding on this pin tho because TNA was looked at as a boutique pin and it was not really put to the scrutiny of say pin like TWD which had a major license and hoards of followers and had instant buzz like R&M in that way. So to me this game has to be even better than TNA because he has more resources and has some experience and has a team to code and maybe he doesn’t have to wear every hat so to speak.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
9,699 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Trade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-did-you-buy-rick-amp-morty-before-playing?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.