You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Worn indy.jpg
worn afm.jpg
MM repair 035.jpg
AFM before 0106.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 10 years ago

A lot of people dislike this game, I however, am not one of them.

As far as being ''cheaply made'' I don't think it really was...You have to remember that this game was being made when pinball was left for dead. Just two years prior to this, Pinball 2000 launched and then went out. Either one of those games in both quality and build, pretty much blew everything away before it and pretty much anything made current day imho. But in doing so, it proved to williams and the pin community that it wasn't enough, and that pinball was done, why bother making tanks when you can make bicycles.

I mean, quality control might be in question, but you have to remember that this is still an early Stern effort, so it's not to be confused with a Spiderman or LOTR Le,

Spinning mini me, raising dr evil, spinning Austin, Cannon shot, spinning magnet, fat bastard toilet..plenty of toys. It's actually a fairly difficult pin... if it was really cheaply made, half of those above features wouldn't even be included.

#11 10 years ago

The fit and finish to a Williams/Bally from the 90's is almost something that can't be explained. You just know it when you see and play it. I think that RFM/SWE1 are just about the two most impressive pins ever made from a build stand point. Can you think of a game that is more smooth to play? They're like ice and tight like a battleship.

I think Sterns best effort and best pin is SM overall, I think that is the closest thing they have done to a Williams/Bally. SM is a very smooth game and plenty of features (and depending on the run, built with metal apron and slide rails lol)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Palm Beach, FL
$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cloverdale, CA
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-did-stern-make-austin-powers-so-cheaply?tu=shacklersrevenge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.