Why can't we edit our own posts that are more than a day old now?

By The_Dude_Abides

5 years ago

Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I don't see the harm in wanting to correct or edit a prior post that you have made to ensure correct information and that it was stated in the best manner possible. Not sure about others but I would appreciate having the ability to edit my posts that aren't more than a week old.

#2 5 years ago

I agree.

#3 5 years ago

the brokedad saga is why it changed.

#4 5 years ago

No saga this time. I was testing some stuff this week related to the new post ratings feature and set the post editing ability shorter (1 day) to test the behaviour. It will soon be set back to 1 week

#5 5 years ago

I don't know of this saga... must be a reason why they started that

#6 5 years ago

No nope, no saga, move along please...nothing to see here.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

No saga this time. I was testing some stuff this week related to the new post ratings feature and set the post editing ability shorter (1 day) to test the behaviour. It will soon be set back to 1 week

Not my intention to bring up old drama at all. As you probably know I frequently to edit my posts. Guess I'm a perfectionist when it comes to some things. Thanks for the info Robin and all the work you do to keep Pinside the best Pinball site on the web!

#8 5 years ago

I use an iPad most of the time to access the site. Since I cant post pictures from that device, I will often go back to old posts to get pictures if I need to re use them. Hit edit and copy the attachment code. I would hate to see this go away, its been a workaround to a limitation in the iPad. I understand why though.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

As you probably know I frequently to edit my posts. Guess I'm a perfectionist when it comes to some things.

I'm the same way, TDA. In fact, now that I'm a mod, I've been known to edit the spelling on other poeople's posts. Sometimes I just can't help myself.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Sometimes I just can't help myself.

Hahaa, yea I have done that to some of the posts that I have quoted. I know I shouldn't but it's hard for me to resist as well.

#11 5 years ago

FYI, the post edit time is now again set to 4320 minutes. I was experimenting with variable editing times (based on a user's karma) but this is not so easy, so I have set it back to 4 days for now. I have also been thinking about how long people should be able to rate posts, oh wait, that should go in another thread...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 43.50
    $ 8.50
    Lighting - Led
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 19.95
    $ 129.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 43.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 229.99
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 189.99
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 53.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 989.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 2,115 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside