Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AYFy (resized).png
    1guj63 (resized).jpg
    bj (resized).jpg
    The-Knights-Who-Say-Ni-monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-591173_1008_566 (resized).jpg
    69255EA5-A04C-4834-86B2-33568E71DD34 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

#1 5 years ago

I have some questions and comments about pinball podcasts/videos. Can we discuss that topic. I don’t understand, My thread was closed by pinside.

#2 5 years ago

I donate to pinside and have paid them for all my pinside sale ads. I’ve never been moderated in my entire time here and been a loyal supporter. Is this topic forbidden?

#3 5 years ago

Read Robin's post at the end of your other thread.

LTG : )

#4 5 years ago

You are not allowed to mention the name of K-mans podcast, which is difficult in a podcast thread since he won the TWIPY last year.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

You are not allowed to mention the name of K-mans podcast, which is difficult in a podcast thread since he won the TWIPY last year.

I never have mentioned that name

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Doesn’t explain anything . I don’t understand why they would delete me asking a question.
    69255EA5-A04C-4834-86B2-33568E71DD34 (resized).png69255EA5-A04C-4834-86B2-33568E71DD34 (resized).png

#7 5 years ago

"edited post"

#8 5 years ago

I agree it's dumb. It's the Streisand effect in full force

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I donate to pinside and have paid them for all my pinside sale ads. I’ve never been moderated in my entire time here. Is this topic forbidden?

You are now officially a pinsider. All that time pre-mod was just conditioning. Welcome.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I never have mentioned that name

I wasn't talking about you specifically and meant pinside as a whole.

Quoted from Coz:

Doesn’t explain anything [quoted image]

I can only speculate that mods were deleting posts instead of issuing moderations and eventually just deleted the thread. I have seen threads resurrected so maybe Robin will bring them back.

#11 5 years ago

If this really boils down to not even being able to mention the name "Kaneda", it really should be posted in the community rules or at least explain this. Luckily I only pop in on the forums fairly infrequently, because this place can be pretty ridiculous.

#12 5 years ago

HEAD KNIGHT: Don't say that word.

ARTHUR: What word?

HEAD KNIGHT: I cannot tell, suffice to say is one of the words the Knights of Ni cannot hear.

ARTHUR: How can we not say the word if you don't tell us what it is?

KNIGHTS: Aaaaugh! Aaaugh!

The-Knights-Who-Say-Ni-monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-591173_1008_566 (resized).jpgThe-Knights-Who-Say-Ni-monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-591173_1008_566 (resized).jpg
    #13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Doesn’t explain anything . I don’t understand why they would delete me asking a question.

Robin asked you to bear with him for a minute. Maybe try that?

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

That’s cool, but why close an entire thread that just asked if you enjoy podcasts??

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

LOL for a minute I thought thread two had been unlooked

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Quoted from Coz:

That’s cool, but why close an entire thread that just asked if you enjoy podcasts??

You were asked to bear with him while it's being investigated. Do that. If you still have questions when he is finished open a moderator feedback thread and discuss it with the people that took the action(s) you're questioning.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from valgalder:

If this really boils down to not even being able to mention the name "Kaneda"

Can't be.

There was an entire thread dedicated to that chap at the Texas pinball festival started by one of the head moderators himself last year. Including pictures of him with his arms around Robin.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

You are not allowed to mention the name of K-mans podcast

bj (resized).jpgbj (resized).jpg

#19 5 years ago

Simply Google ...”his name” banned from pinside and you will figure it out really fast.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

You are now officially a pinsider. All that time pre-mod was just conditioning. Welcome.

I have not been moderated. I have said nothing controversial, perhaps others did??

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from valgalder:

If this really boils down to not even being able to mention the name "Kaneda", it really should be posted in the community rules or at least explain this. Luckily I only pop in on the forums fairly infrequently, because this place can be pretty ridiculous.

More like.. it boils down to not giving a platform to individuals who have behaved as pure cancers in our hobby, including threatening and wishing harm on people.. including the owners of the site. Anyone who can listen to what Chris openly admitted he did, and think the repercussions are not justified need to really re-evaluate their priorities. If you don't know what he did, go listen to his podcasts where he comes clean on the threats and hate he spewed. And then put yourself in the place of those targeted, and rethink your position. Doesn't matter what you say afterwards, or what you've done elsewhere. There should be consequences for such abhorrent behavior because it was done with the thought that you could just 'take stuff back' so why cares about boundaries.

and besides... the guy is a tool.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I have not been moderated. I have said nothing controversial, perhaps others did

You were already aware of the other thread that went “missing”. You were discussing it with the guys from SDTM on Facebook. Not very helpful to keep opening new threads here.

Robin asked for some time to figure things out. So stop speculating guys. You can also post your thoughts thru moderators feedback as already suggested earlier.

#24 5 years ago

I just had a customer tell my "you're not the same guy!". I was reading this forum at the time.

#25 5 years ago

There are other pinball forums, none of them anywhere near as good as this one, and most are moderated even more closely.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from Koos:

You were already aware of the other thread that went “missing”. You were discussing it with the guys from SDTM on Facebook. Not very helpful to keep opening new threads here.
    Robin asked for some time to figure things out. So stop speculating guys. You can also post your thoughts thru moderators feedback as already suggested earlier.

Not trying to stir up trouble. Just a legitimate question. I will not post further, I don’t want to cause any drama

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

none of them anywhere near as good as this one

This one was way better before that dude and his chick came on here complaining about 3 or 4 years ago.

#28 5 years ago

Looks like your thread is back up.

Edit: Hmmm...maybe that's a different one.

#30 5 years ago

Perhaps this thread should now be deleted?

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

Perhaps this thread should now be deleted?

1guj63 (resized).jpg1guj63 (resized).jpg
    #32 5 years ago

So we can't say..........

AYFy (resized).pngAYFy (resized).png

#33 5 years ago

People made jokes about saying the K-man 3 times, thinking it was a joke and then telling us to put on our big pants and just say his name. Well, this is what happens when you say his name 3 times.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Not trying to stir up trouble. Just a legitimate question. I will not post further, I don’t want to cause any drama

Too late

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from valgalder:

If you aren't supposed to mention that name referenced above in quotes, it seems silly that the form for posting in the forums is not coded to auto-replace said banned name with some other word like meatball, or taco, or controversialbutoftenaccuratepodcaster, something to make this less of an issue automagically.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-cant-we-discuss-pinball-podcasts?hl=chalkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.