Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0542.jpg
IMAG0538.jpg
IMAG0535.jpg
IMAG0534.jpg
IMAG0527.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I've only had TFTC for a few days, but I'm struggling to 'get into it.' It can't be the condition, becausw its in truly outstanding (dare I say, CQ) condition. Its not because its a DE, because I loved my WWF and I own 2 Segas. What am I missing guys? I knew going into it that it wasn't a keeper for me. But, I thought I'd enjoy it more than THIS! Most games haven't been lasting more than a month for me lately, but I'm already listening in on offers for it.

What tips do you have for me to enjoy this game?

IMAG0527.jpgIMAG0527.jpg IMAG0534.jpgIMAG0534.jpg IMAG0535.jpgIMAG0535.jpg IMAG0538.jpgIMAG0538.jpg IMAG0542.jpgIMAG0542.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Jackontherocks is looking for one. sell it for a bsd.

#3 11 years ago

do you know the entire ruleset yet?

is there a PAPA video? if so, watch it

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

do you know the entire ruleset yet?
is there a PAPA video? if so, watch it

Watched the papa video. I should give the ruleset a good 15-20 minutes though. I think its the layout though.

#5 11 years ago

I've always wanted to play one.

#6 11 years ago

Also, have you ever watched the TFTC shows? It is a must IMHO and you will likely love the theme more if you do.

#7 11 years ago

Me too @pinhead.

Tony you should have us over to belittle you for not liking the game

#8 11 years ago

I'm a big fan of the show and played it about 30 times at Pinball Wizard last week. Thought it was OK, nothing too special.

#9 11 years ago

Important distinction: do you hate it and you don't want to play it, or do you hate it and can't stop playing it? I couldn't stand my RS for a solid 3 weeks, but I couldn't stop playing it. Finally it clicked and it is now my all time favorite. I think the same thing is happening with JD for me right now.

On the other hand after playing games like T2, TZ, and BSD I just never felt the love after a good number of plays, and I had no desire to keep trying. No to be overly dramatic, but the heart wants what the heart wants. Good news is TFTC seems really popular right now. Should be easy to sell if you can't find the love. Try playing one handed.

#10 11 years ago

It's a very straight forward game with a standard dataeast ruleset (Gnr, JP). If you don't like it now you should probably sell it and get something else.

#11 11 years ago

1 Tip is , When yr in 1 of the 12 or 15 modes of Game play , Press the Door plunger ( Launch Button ) ,, You will hear a Dong . That Lock's you into that mode !! As long as you can keep the ball's going , even down to Just 1-ball left , You Can complete it .. It's a fun and deep Pin ..
Give TFTC a Chance , If Not ,, There's Alot of members that Will !!

GNR has the Same Mode lock-n feature , The Pop's juggle thru the modes and 1 Pull on the Pistol trigger Will lock a mode in ..

#12 11 years ago

You must be choking! The DMD animations and the quotes on the game are superb! Also, it's no picnic making it to Crypt Jam. Lots of modes and lots of gory fun. Pretty cool stainless steel ramps too. I'd give it some more time. If at first you don't succeed, DIE DIE again!

#13 11 years ago

If anyone wants it, pm me and I'll get you pics.

Thanks for the tips, guys. Especially the door knocker tip!

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Hell've a Pin , I Never had a Regret buy-n a TFTC .. Quick Seller too...

#15 11 years ago

PM sent!

#16 11 years ago

It's all that damn cackling she does...soooo annoying. I restored one as well and wasn't too sad to see it go, despite all the work I put into it.

#17 11 years ago

Thanks for the tips, guys. Especially the door knocker tip!

I already did and will be calling you soon. Thanks.

#18 11 years ago

how much?

#19 11 years ago

I really want a TFTC

#20 11 years ago

I owned one. It was ok. Kinda the same feeling I have about JD right now. In fact, maybe it's the position it was in where JD now resides.... sandwiched between DW and TFLE. I can't walk past those two without pushing start on one of them, so I never get to the back corner.

#21 11 years ago

Ill bid $0.01! Oh yah gonna win this!

#22 11 years ago

Crazy how much interest I got on this game. Thanks for all of the messages and compliments. TFTC will likely be headed to a new home before long. Call me B_R_JR

#23 11 years ago

You got a lot of interest because its a great game. One of the best bangs for the buck period. I had one and played it probably 700 times and sold it to my brother to keep it in the family. Bottom line as always is no game is for everybody. Sell it and get a FT, pure fun for a good price.

#24 11 years ago

Give it time.
One of the most underrated pins with major replay.

#25 11 years ago

I considered it and took a pass... If you are on the fence with this game, jump off... There are many more pins to choose from..

#26 11 years ago

I've had mine for a few months now, and I'm just not that into it. Love the theme, art, animations, etc, but the shots/layout just don't make me want to play it. I'll probably have it up for sale here within a month or two.

#27 11 years ago

I think the big drawback for me is that the 2 'main' shots (start mode and the crypt) are WAY too hard from the lower flippers. I don't like having to do a combo to hit the main shots. It probably just shows my lack of aiming skills.

Call me old-fashioned, but I like myself a straightforward fan-layout with maybe one or two shots off of the fan.

#28 11 years ago

like spiderman?!!?! ugh just fell in love with that game.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

like spiderman?!!?! ugh just fell in love with that game.

Spiderman has those two shots that are to the left. Venom and something else. But yes- very close to that.

#30 11 years ago

Just set up my new TFTC last night...still have not played a ball but hope I dont run into the same issue!!

#31 11 years ago

Tony likes Waterworld and games like that

#32 11 years ago

spiderman has those two shots that are to the left. Venom and something else. But yes- very close to that.

ya the venom is I think the only shot you HAVE to use that right upper flipper. The other ones you can hit from the bottom flippers. I'm gonna try to run up there on lunch.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Just set up my new TFTC last night...still have not played a ball but hope I dont run into the same issue!!

I'll buy it back!

#34 11 years ago

Not for sale I plan on getting her shopped out with a deep clean and then throwing in some LED's. Maybe it will be FS at TG's party if I am ready to sell it.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

Give it time.
One of the most underrated pins with major replay.

I absolutely hated mine for the first 3-4 months. I would've turned it immediately if it weren't for my wife liking it. The more I played it, the more I enjoyed it. Once I got a good grasp of the ruleset and learned to hit the shots it became so much more enjoyable.

#36 11 years ago

I bought mine about 3 months ago. I do like some things about it, it has a great wizard mode (multiball with 1mil per hit!!) and some cool ramps, but for me it's nothing special either. My LAH is waaaay more fun. I don't think I'll ever get rid of LAH.
Having said that, I'd like to trade it if anyone is interested, although I'm in Ontario. Probably a little too far for most of you.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from examiner:

I absolutely hated mine for the first 3-4 months. I would've turned it immediately if it weren't for my wife liking it. The more I played it, the more I enjoyed it. Once I got a good grasp of the ruleset and learned to hit the shots it became so much more enjoyable.

TftC is a bit odd at first, but it gets a lot funner once you have a complete understanding of the rule-set and layout. Of all the games I've played this was my favorite. Decent level of difficulty and plenty going on. TheBut since I can only own one at a time I traded her out, to Tony actually . It'd be a shame to get rid of her before you really get to know her...

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from examiner:

I would've turned it immediately if it weren't for my wife liking it.

Tony, its simple, just get a wife so she likes it!

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

examiner said:

I would've turned it immediately if it weren't for my wife liking it.

Tony, its simple, just get a wife so she likes it!

I think I finally figured out why she likes it too....the other day I caught her repeatedly shooting balls up into the pops and leaning against the machine in a sort of odd way with a grin on her face.

Shaker motors - more than just a pinball toy.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from examiner:

I think I finally figured out why she likes it too....the other day I caught her repeatedly shooting balls up into the pops and leaning against the machine in a sort of odd way with a grin on her face.
Shaker motors - more than just a pinball toy.

Yet another use for the Beer seal on the lockdown bar

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Yet another use for the Beer seal on the lockdown bar

That escalated quickly ...

#42 11 years ago

hmmmmmmm

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

1 Tip is , When yr in 1 of the 12 or 15 modes of Game play , Press the Door plunger ( Launch Button ) ,, You will hear a Dong . That Lock's you into that mode !! As long as you can keep the ball's going , even down to Just 1-ball left , You Can complete it .. It's a fun and deep Pin ..
Give TFTC a Chance , If Not ,, There's Alot of members that Will !!

GNR has the Same Mode lock-n feature , The Pop's juggle thru the modes and 1 Pull on the Pistol trigger Will lock a mode in ..

Thanks for the tip, BR. I never heard that before.

As far as the OP's question, I'm surprised you can't get into it. I think this pin is as close to a complete game as you're ever going to find. Lots of great modes, audio clips, dots, 6 ball multiball, spinners and even has a Newton ball. not to mention an inverted ramp, which is second to none. And drop targets, which as far as I can tell is a lost art. Put all that in a great theme (which it is) and hit it with theme appropriate artwork (they did) and you have a killer pin. Maybe the theme is turning you off? If that's the case, you sure won't have any trouble unloading that pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 64.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-cant-i-get-into-tftc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.