(Topic ID: 249231)

Why can't every single YouTube video be 4K?

By Arcadefan

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Goronic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

824434BB-4031-4C82-9130-3C9F1B3A0BC1.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    181892_original (resized).jpg
    IMG_4974 (resized).JPG
    #1 4 years ago

Why can't every single video be 4K? I don't know why. But I really want every single YouTube video like I mean every single one. Every video From when YouTube started. To now Like videos that are a decade old. Are 360p or 480p. WHY CANT THEY BE 4K. It really ruins it when you try to watch a 10 year old video on a 4K TV. Because it's a 4K tv. Why wouldn't be 4K.

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadefan:

Why can't every single video be 4K? I don't know why. But I really want every single YouTube video like I mean every single one. Every video From when YouTube started. To now Like videos that are a decade old. Are 360p or 480p. WHY CANT THEY BE 4K. It really ruins it when you try to watch a 10 year old video on a 4K TV. Because it's a 4K tv. Why wouldn't be 4K.

Because they weren't filmed 4K. Video isn't film. 480P is 480P for life.

#3 4 years ago

They can be upgraded.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadefan:

They can be upgraded.

No, they can't.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadefan:

Have some cheese with that whine.

IMG_4974 (resized).JPGIMG_4974 (resized).JPG
    #6 4 years ago

You can’t just add pixels that weren’t there to begin with. This isn’t CSI where you can enhance a reflection of the kitchen spoon to ID the killer.

#7 4 years ago

Cry me a river.

#8 4 years ago

I'm just saying. It would be awesome if that was actually gonna happen. Every single video including older ones. 10 years ago. 4K On Xbox One X, 4K Tv's, PS4 Pro, And high graphics card computers.

#9 4 years ago

What about the poor 8K souls? You just gonna leave them hanging out to dry?

#10 4 years ago

Actually yes. Why not 8K

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadefan:

I'm just saying. It would be awesome if that was actually gonna happen. Every single video including older ones. 10 years ago. 4K On Xbox One X, 4K Tv's, PS4 Pro, And high graphics card computers.

If you're watching a 10 year old youtube video on a 4K tv then your TV already upscaled it to 4K.

#12 4 years ago

I wish this entire pizza could be 100 calories...sadly it's not happening lol

181892_original (resized).jpg181892_original (resized).jpg

#13 4 years ago

<deleted>. That was unintended but hey, now I have my first downvote!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #14 4 years ago

This could be one of the dumbest topics I've seen in some time.

#15 4 years ago

Why don't they just make the whole airplane out of the black box.

#16 4 years ago

You guys make fun of OP but the Special When Lit podcast was saying that the original Jurassic Park movie clips wouldn't look good on an lcd because the movie was filmed so long ago (and therefore it's good that Stern went with new 3d animations instead). Do pinball hobbyists really have such a poor understanding of film and video?

#17 4 years ago

This will make you cry rivers of tears, but even if videos are shot in 4k they are often mastered at 1080p.

Why? It allows you to "punch in" 200% and still have HD video resolution. Makes it very easy to zoom in for detail and "jump around" a shot for editing purposes.

#18 4 years ago

I wish they all could be California girls.

#19 4 years ago

Lol check out this dudes thumbs up ratio lifetime. Pretty sure just a troll account. Only 100 posts in 2 years with 150 downvotes and 18 thumbs ups haha

#20 4 years ago
    824434BB-4031-4C82-9130-3C9F1B3A0BC1.gif824434BB-4031-4C82-9130-3C9F1B3A0BC1.gif
    #21 4 years ago

I wish, I hadn't clicked on this thread.....

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wish this entire pizza could be 100 calories...sadly it's not happening lol
    [quoted image]

But at least it’s 4K.

#23 4 years ago

10k by Christmas.

#24 4 years ago

4k by xmas

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

10k by Christmas.

nooooooooooooo beat me 2 it !!!!!! by 6 seconds

1 month later
    #27 4 years ago

Just searched for a 10 year old vid YouTube on my Xbox one S! STILL 480P THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE! ITS A 1080P system! IT SHOULD BE 1080P

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadefan:

Just searched for a 10 year old vid YouTube on my Xbox one S! STILL 480P THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE! ITS A 1080P system! IT SHOULD BE 1080P

You can’t be serious. Your old digital photos are the same way, they don’t automatically get scaled up with quality - they will be pixelated due to missing data at the higher resolutions.

#29 4 years ago

I wish all dumb people were smart.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

You can’t be serious. Your old digital photos are the same way, they don’t automatically get scaled up with quality - they will be pixelated due to missing data at the higher resolutions.

This is the dumbest person on pinside. He is quite serious:

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/arcadefan/forum/topics

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

There is literally no point explaining why. Somethings are best left alone.....

#32 4 years ago

Putzside.com

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

You guys make fun of OP but the Special When Lit podcast was saying that the original Jurassic Park movie clips wouldn't look good on an lcd because the movie was filmed so long ago (and therefore it's good that Stern went with new 3d animations instead). Do pinball hobbyists really have such a poor understanding of film and video?

Apparently yes.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Not true. Besides anything would look good on a screen that small.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadefan:

This thread reminds me of the episode of CSI where someone was having their picture taken in public and they witnessed a shooting.

The CSI bunch took the photo and were able to zoom in on the person's eyeball, see the reflection of the shooter on the pupil, then enhance it to get a perfect image of the shooter's face.

Talk about jumping the shark, sheesh.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

This thread reminds me of the episode of CSI where someone was having their picture taken in public and they witnessed a shooting.
    The CSI bunch took the photo and were able to zoom in on the person's eyeball, see the reflection of the shooter on the pupil, then enhance it to get a perfect image of the shooter's face.
    Talk about jumping the shark, sheesh.

Maybe Bladerunner started this zoom, enhance style of plot development?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-can-t-every-single-youtube-video-be-4k?hl=insanity199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.