(Topic ID: 252752)

Why can't anyone else do a TOPPER like CGC?

By iceman44

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4749 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4747 (resized).JPG
    Fish-Tales9a (resized).jpg
    A758CC8A-7D11-4994-866F-7519FC753F4D (resized).jpeg
    8B757D56-4E08-4F3A-82F5-4C5DE3BDFF16 (resized).jpeg
    2F338ADB-A375-49BA-AB2E-0C6D2F93DF6E (resized).jpeg
    There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

boom - Stern have crushed it!

Awesome. Just awesome.

#52 4 years ago

If a topper is shipped with a new game, I'd prefer if the $600 were spent on gameplay mechs. For this reason, I happily accept JJP's straight-forward LE topper strategy.

I do like the idea of an after-market uber-topper for an existing game. And I think the MMr sculpt is great, but the price seems excessive for what it is...

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

If a topper is shipped with a new game, I'd prefer if the $600 were spent on gameplay mechs.

On a remake, not much can be done on game play mechs, since it's a remake.

But you could always sell the topper and recoup some money, if you like all the other stuff included on the LE. ( side blades, fancy lighting, longer warranty, etc. )

LTG : )

#54 4 years ago

I like toppers as eye-candy, playing with my son gives me plenty of time to admire them

#55 4 years ago

Why are people preoccupied with toys thrown on top of a machine? Classic toppers that integrated into the game, DW (especially the prototype), Tommy, FT, WH20, etc. Great. The one for AMH get's quite a few compliments.

CGC's sculpted figures? Yawn....

People's obsessions with buying toys and throwing them on their machine and calling it a topper? Yawn

Not every game needs a topper. You could easily insert the jeff goldblum jp meme on this subject, but hey if you want to throw money at CGC for static toys that cater to your inner 5 year old it's your money...

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Why are people preoccupied with toys thrown on top of a machine? Classic toppers that integrated into the game, DW (especially the prototype), Tommy, FT, WH20, etc. Great. The one for AMH get's quite a few compliments.
    People's obsessions with buying toys and throwing them on their machine and calling it a topper? Yawn
    Not every game needs a topper. You could easily insert the jeff goldblum jp meme on this subject, but hey if you want to throw money at CGC for static toys that cater to your inner 5 year old it's your money...

You might be right that its catering to my inner 5 year old, but I'm okay with that. I mean. So long as I have money to burn. Then I'm alright with that. Can't take it with you after all. Do what makes you happy.
    Yes, I need to save up and move into a new house. But, in all likelihood that won't happen for another 4-6 years. So am I not supposed to spend money on the stuff I like until then and maybe... If I'm lucky speed up the purchase of my new house by a few years... And be a bit miserable in the interim. Or enjoy the time I have right now with the stuff I want right now.

And I think so much of owning a pinball isn't always playing it. Because I can go a few weeks to a month without playing some of my pins. But, I sure do like seeing them everyday. Especially my Hardbody pin, which has been broken for over 8 months. Gotta fix her, but I do enjoy seeing lovely Rachel Mclish the first women's Ms. O winner.

I've been in a lot of bad car wrecks in my life. I really hate driving and I get nervous all the time while driving. Can't really not drive though. Its a daily part of my life. Yet, I've had high tension power lines fall on my car. Been trapped between them for 4 hours. In my youth I was behind a tractor who had his corn elevator up while driving. It clipped a power line and that power line fell on my car. The junction box was right by on the road nad that burst into 10 feet of flame right away.

Not this year, but last years Midwest Gaming Expo I was in the car with my father and my brother was driving. We hit a patch of ice and no slower than 45 miles per hour we hit the concrete wall. Got lucky no one was behind us and got lucky we didn't go off the road. It was a long drop from where we were.

The reason I am posting this is. No one knows how long we got. If you're responsible with your money, buy what makes you happy, because you cannot take it with you.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Not everybody needs to come into a topper thread if they don’t like them!

#58 4 years ago

.... Or you can just build your own.

#59 4 years ago

I like the topper on my original AFM

IMG_4747 (resized).JPGIMG_4747 (resized).JPGIMG_4749 (resized).JPGIMG_4749 (resized).JPG
    #60 4 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Wasn't personal or coming at you. I was just explaining why some people might like a topper. As I've said before I use to think they're tacky. But,t I like them now. Think they're neat. Another way to expand the world underglass... Or maybe extend it a bit above the glass.

#61 4 years ago

^^^ Agreed!

1 year later
    #62 2 years ago

Has anyone looked at the MBr topper, or seen if there is a pcb board inside the speaker box(es)?

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Has anyone looked at the MBr topper, or seen if there is a pcb board inside the speaker box(es)?

Yes. There is one on the right side.

LTG : )

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-can-t-anyone-else-do-a-topper-like-cgc/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.