Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by vader1979
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image-206.jpg
    image-605.jpg
    Capturepin.JPG
    problem.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Starting maybe last weekend, I have been having a very difficult time posting pictures from my phone on here. I am using Safari via the iPhone 4S and now the iPhone 6. I keep getting an error that states https://pinside.com Did not get an upload ID!

Is it just me? Or is this a new and common problem?

#2 9 years ago

The site was just revamped....maybe that has something to do with it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sepember-18-update

#3 9 years ago

I've noticed there's a problem with uploading images if you start uploading to one post/thread, then make other posts.

Basically, if you're in the process of uploading images, don't browse anywhere else on the forums or it will mess up the upload and loose track of the photos.

#4 9 years ago

It flat out is not working for me. Even starting my own thread - I can't post pictures. Very sad.

#5 9 years ago

I get this too. iPhone 5, iOS 8, Safari.

#6 9 years ago

The world is being deprived of our awesome pictures.

#7 9 years ago

I will look into this. Aurich reported this to me right after the update but we we're struggling to replicate the issue. It happens sometimes, not always, or so it seems. Does anyone know how to replicate this problem everytime?

Thanks for any ideas!

#8 9 years ago

I Vote 1 for using a desktop still

#9 9 years ago

This is how I have to do it, I have no idea why.
    I have to start the upload. Next I have to close out the forum totally, when doing this it will ask me if I want to leave since its not finished yet and I say "yes". Next I have to open the forum back up and find the thread again and then scroll to the bottom of the thread to click on reply. Then I can type in whatever it is that I want to say and then hit the post button and then most of the time the picture appears with my text. A huge pain for sure but its the only way I can make it work, maybe it just doesn't want me to post....LOL.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I will look into this. Aurich reported this to me right after the update but we we're struggling to replicate the issue. It happens sometimes, not always, or so it seems. Does anyone know how to replicate this problem everytime?

Thanks for any ideas!

It happens every time for me. My iPhone 6 is obviously brand new. But the same thing happens everytime on my 4s. I can screen shot it, email it to myself and post from my desktop if that helps?

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

This is how I have to do it, I have no idea why.
    I have to start the upload. Next I have to close out the forum totally, when doing this it will ask me if I want to leave since its not finished yet and I say "yes". Next I have to open the forum back up and find the thread again and then scroll to the bottom of the thread to click on reply. Then I can type in whatever it is that I want to say and then hit the post button and then most of the time the picture appears with my text. A huge pain for sure but its the only way I can make it work, maybe it just doesn't want me to post....LOL.

That's just what I have to do. I've tried it on Internet Explorer and Firefox, still the same.

#12 9 years ago

This makes me sad.

#13 9 years ago

I also still cannot upload pictures through my PC running IE11 and Windows 8.

#14 9 years ago

Baffled, I can not find any way to replicate this issue here. It seems to be a rather rare issue across all platforms. I'm gonna do more testing with this to find the source of this issue.

#15 9 years ago

Robin, in IE 11 (which does not work) it shows this:

"ADD FILES TO YOUR POST
    » Click here to open the uploader."

When I click, it goes blank.

However, in Safari (which works) it shows:

"ADD FILES TO YOUR POST
    Drop files here to upload
    Drag and drop JPG, PNG, GIF and PDF files in the box to upload them.
    Don't like dragging n' dropping? Use the button below.
    ...Or click here for file upload dialog..."

#16 9 years ago

Here is my error message. I took a screen shot on my phone, emailed myself and posted the picture from my laptop.
    problem.jpgproblem.jpg

#17 9 years ago

Here is what mine looks like in IE11. See how it has no options to upload pictures. It is literally blank.
    Capturepin.JPGCapturepin.JPG

#18 9 years ago

I updated my iPhone to the newest software yesterday and have been unable to upload a picture since I get the same error message as above.
    "did not get upload ID"

#19 9 years ago

It's 2014, time to use a browser that isn't IE.

#20 9 years ago

I'm crying on the inside and outside. I hate that none of you can see my pictures.

#21 9 years ago

I mentioned this in another thread of mine where I couldn't load pics, and was told it was an iOS8 issue, known by Apple, fixed in the 8.01 update, but then the update was recalled/pulled for more testing. I had no issues with my iPhone 5 that I never updated to iOS8, even after the big Pinside update I could still upload pictures fine. Once I got my iPhone 6 with iOS8, I get the same errors as shown above. I can image load them to my husband's MacBook and they load just fine. As far as IE, I know my ancient IE7 on my work computer will not allow me to upload any pictures.

#22 9 years ago

I don't remember updating my 4s to IOS 8. I shall go check on that. It wasn't doing pictures either. In an unrelated story, I should do something with that 4s before it eventually becomes worthless.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from Stack15:

Here is my error message. I took a screen shot on my phone, emailed myself and posted the picture from my laptop.

problem.jpg 20 KB

I'm getting same message! Im using an IPad with latest software!

#24 9 years ago

I am getting same message on my Iphone 6

#25 9 years ago

Thanks, I'm gonna investigate this issue further. Seems to be related to the latest iOS and the latest IE which I both don't have here (yet) to test on

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

It's 2014, time to use a browser that isn't IE.

Agreed, Netscape is working for me

#27 9 years ago

Getting the same ERROR message when trying to upload pics....this is with an iPad air and the new IOS8. I'll assume it's apple and wait for an update on there end....not cool!

#28 9 years ago

Did it work?? I think it worked. I just downloaded an apple update.

image-605.jpgimage-605.jpg

#29 9 years ago

Looks more like a pizza update to me.

(ba dum ci)

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from Stack15:

Did it work?? I think it worked. I just downloaded an apple update.

image-605.jpg 167 KB

Avoid the noid? That pizza looks like it had a rough trip.

#31 9 years ago

Robin, I did some more investigating, and the problem with IE11 on Windows 8.1 only manifests itself in the Desktop mode. The picture uploading seems to work in the Start page (or whatever they call that horrible abomination Microsoft created in Windows 8).
    The Desktop mode is where I use Internet Explorer since it is more traditional and easier to use the menus so it would be nice if the Pinside picture loading worked for desktop mode like it did before the latest Pinside overhaul.

#32 9 years ago

I still can't load pics with my iPad!

#33 9 years ago

I just installed 8.02. Testing pics:
    image-206.jpgimage-206.jpg

Looks like it is working. Apple people... update your phones.

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Avoid the noid? That pizza looks like it had a rough trip.

Papa Jon's issued an official apology to me on their facebook.

#35 9 years ago

Let's see if it works for moi.....

image.jpgimage.jpg

Yup...update did the trick!

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from Stack15:

problem.jpg 20 KB

Yes same problem here been napping over last two days

#37 9 years ago

I have updated the uploading components because there was an error reported. But this bug specifically mentioned iOS8, not sure if it also fixes the problem that you are experiencing.

#38 9 years ago

Upgrading to iOS 8.02 fixed my upload issues.

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Upgrading to iOS 8.02 fixed my upload issues.

Yes new upgrade fixed, go figure with technology today

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from Stack15:

problem.jpg 20 KB

I am getting the exact same message on my phone. Galaxy Note 2

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-arent-pictures-loading and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.