Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by luckymoey
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago

Brands, with a few exceptions mean little since the wholesale move of American Companies to China, Vietnam, etc. USA made clothes, like Woolrich, moved overseas but kept the high-ass price, sorry,it doesn't work that way.
    Maytag name used to mean something, now its an off brand of dubious quality. Even once-excellent Japanese Brands manufacture has been moved to cheaper Countries and suffer quality wise, like Nikon.

I purchase good American made hardware from antique and surplus shops since current offerings are made from inferior steel. This is why I enjoy owning, restoring and using Simplicity and Allis Chalmers mowers, vintage Johnson and Evinrude outboard motors, drive a 1970 Chevy truck and play EM pinball machines.

Right now I cannot even think of a Brand that instills confidence, desire to own, anything. Maybe Carhart, Ruger, Martin guitars.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

There are plenty of awesome brands and some are even American! You need to open your aperture! Formula Boats are made by hand in beautiful IN, Redwing boots and some New Balance are made here in the states, a lot of my new Dewalt tools are built in the US, Shinloa watches are made in Detroit, and the finest bourbons in the world come from Kentucky.

NC produces killer boats like Parker so yeah,if you are big in boats. Real Redwings (I have 4 pair) are North of 250 a pair, sorry, hate New Balance and Dewalt and don't drink liquor. My antique Benrus, Hamilton and Waltham watches run like champs after service.

I get what you are saying, a lot of good stuff still made in the States.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-are-you-a-brand-guy-?tu=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.