(Topic ID: 227464)

Why are Truck Bed Caps so damn expensive?

By Zitt

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Zitt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0118 (resized).JPG
IMG_0008 (resized).JPG
IMG_0006 (resized).JPG
IMG_0001 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dayhuff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 5 years ago

My last truck with a 94 GMC Sonoma. I got a used cap from a friend that looked and fit perfect for like $50, which I was really lucky to have gotten it. Man I drove that truck every where's and moved so many games in it that I knew exactly how to load any combination, era, make and model to make them fit. But after 15 years and nearly 300K miles it was time as the bed was really getting rusty and getting the games wet. When looking for a newer truck (because new trucks are way to expensive) one of the requirements was that it had to have a cap on it already that looked like it matched so I didn't have a blue truck with a red cap or something funky like that. Ended up finding a 2001 Dodge 1500 with a factory cap and low miles that had come up from Florida. Again I got lucky, plus it was four wheel drive which was an absolute must. As for the soft tops....I like the looks of them but there so impractical it's not even funny. So many times I had guys here buying games over the years with those type of caps and it would be raining or snowing or 100 degree heat and they would try and tarp them up with straps and bunge cords etc... and I always told them they needed to get a real cap if there going to be in the pinball hobby because you just load and go. Also having a nice rubber bed mat is a must because otherwise the game will slide around unless you strap it all down and that's hard to do even with a cap on the truck. The mat works great because it never once let the game move on its own and I transported games nearly a thousand times like that and I've never once had a problem.
Just my two cents worth.

John

IMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0006 (resized).JPGIMG_0006 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0118 (resized).JPGIMG_0118 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dayhuff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-are-truck-bed-caps-so-damn-expensive?tu=dayhuff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.