53%

(150 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190520_205229 (resized).jpg
6AC02EE8-A27C-4088-9F74-32463C418FF0 (resized).jpeg
D3E47376-B971-4618-A00E-CED53124E421 (resized).jpeg
4847D5A7-75CF-41C9-BC2B-35FC323344C5 (resized).jpeg
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

How can you spend 20 minutes and make up your mind. I played TWD 100 times and hated it, but its one of my favorites now that I know how to play it and the code updated.

Every game needs a hook to get you there. There was a reason you played TWD 100 times. You didn't hate it, there was something there that kept you engaged enough to learn it. That, or you had bought it and felt like you had to play it that many times before dumping it and learned to like it. I don't think I've ever played a game I hated more than 10 times unless I was forced to in league play. Playing 100 games on something I hate just isn't practical, especially when there is probably another pin I like close by that I will enjoy playing.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

One thing I have learned about Stern machines is not to write them off. Many times a new release will not get my juices flowing, but with code development and time the machine becomes desirable. (Deadpool is a prime example)
Pinball is like wine, it gets better with age
-I cant believe I am currently looking for a Stern NBA, BBH, Elvis, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Kiss, Mustang, Deadpool, the list goes on. Some of these old dogs have really grown on me. One man's trash is another man's treasure. BKSOF has not interested me yet-but time will tell.

But, you only get one first impression. Why would I go back to play a game I hated just to give it another try and waste a few bucks.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Few times ball jumped over the rails into the drain lane. Sure it's just the settings or something easy to resolve.

The few games of the pro I played this happened to me too. Guess they forgot to go to settings and set Ball Jumps Over Lane Guides to False.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

One thing I have learned about Stern machines is not to write them off. Many times a new release will not get my juices flowing, but with code development and time the machine becomes desirable. (Deadpool is a prime example)

Think this is in general as The Hobbit comes to mind! I purchased TH in the beginning as my kids liked the theme. It wasn't a bad machine but when they came out with the last code update it just brought it to another level. Still have the game and like playing it!

#55 4 years ago

Another example of market saturation.

Also, it's getting increasingly harder to produce a game that really does have the WOW factor.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Also, it's getting increasingly harder to produce a game that really does have the WOW factor.

It's even harder when you're not really trying to produce a game with WOW factor

#57 4 years ago

Honestly, if BK SOR was made 5 years ago it would sell like hot cakes and there would be a waiting list for purchasing. However, with Star Trek, Star Wars, Beatles, Wonka, Pirates, Deadpool, Iron Maiden, Medieval Madness, Attack From Mars, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Monster Bash all AMAZING games and competing for the same NIB dollars, I can see folks buying these and then passing them off for something else. I am also guessing that like most pins the code will develop over time. I'm amazed at how much better Deadpool is after just a few short months.

Long story short... NIB Pinball Saturation.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Another example of market saturation.

And no end in sight.

Finally more people beginning to accept it. It would have happened sooner if GB didn’t have pf issues and/or JJP got games out the door faster.

#59 4 years ago

I think this game gets a lot of flack from sucky players. It's brutally fast and there are just a lot of pinheads that are terrible at the game. Of course the game won't be fun if you brick every shot and drain.

That said, it won't be for everyone but that's why we're fortunate to have so many offerings. It's a great time for pinball.

#60 4 years ago

It’s not even hard...there’s a ball save on the left and player save on the right. Never shoot his chest, never shoot his shield. Don’t fall for the sucker center WAR hurryup. THE ramp is wide open from both flippers. Everything can be backhanded easily except R orbit (Ritchie). The add-a-ball is crazy simple.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

My guess is the ones selling are either
A. Mixed up newbs who think a pin has to be deep to be good
B. Candy asses who can't handle the punishment
C. The ADD NIB buyer with a revolving door for the delivery men

nailed it

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Honestly, if BK SOR was made 5 years ago it would sell like hot cakes and there would be a waiting list for purchasing. However, with Star Trek, Star Wars, Beatles, Wonka, Pirates, Deadpool, Iron Maiden, Medieval Madness, Attack From Mars, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Monster Bash all AMAZING games and competing for the same NIB dollars, I can see folks buying these and then passing them off for something else. I am also guessing that like most pins the code will develop over time. I'm amazed at how much better Deadpool is after just a few short months.
Long story short... NIB Pinball Saturation.

You think BK is not selling well?

#63 4 years ago

Selfishly I hope that some of the hate is true. Have one at my bar, would love an excuse to buy another one cheap for my house! I love this game!

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Look here is the reality... there is no movie titled attached to it, so the only real buyers for the game are pinball fanatics. This is BAD!
Why? Because a game like Ghostbusters appeals to many people pinball fan or not, it opens up your market for resell. People here might not love Ghostbusters but fans of the movie like Ghostbusters. People who don't collect pinball games, might own a Ghostbusters. What non-pinball fan will want Black Knight? Ahhh... NOBODY!
The game is boring after a while, and honestly there just isn't much to it. This is probably one of if not the most un-original game I've ever seen. Personally the first two additions are more fun than this version. With that being said it will probably be a very popular tournament game, but I predict the LE's will sell for about $5800 in about 8 to 12 months, Premiums will sell for about the same, and Pros I think will get as low as $4000.00 because there is no one to sell the game to?
Do you throw this game on craigs list, ebay, or facebook and find instant buyers like you would with Wizard of Oz? No you'll be selling this to other pinball collectors, looking for a black knight. They will get bored of the game in about 3 months, and bam it will be resold again.
I would NOT buy an LE because heck a friend of mine just bought a Munsters LE for $6500 with less than 100 plays. As you can read Munsters is being hailed as another recent Disasters by Stern. Where do you think Black Knight LE will be in 3 months... at least Munsters is a licensed game. You can find some Munster fan out there to open up the market some.
Lastly for the people who think I'm just bashing on the game I'm not... I'm just trying to inject some reality. The reality is the game will not hold up over time, as new games come onto the market people will quickly forget about the very basic Black Knight.
I'd say in the case of Black Knight patiences is a virtue... just wait for 6 months and you'll find a couple guys begging to sell it whereby you'll save a fortune!

Anyone who rates Freddy much higher than Twilight Zone can't be taken seriously

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Anyone who rates Freddy much higher than Twilight Zone can't be taken seriously

Nothing he says should be taken seriously. Says he had a "friend" beat the game 4 out of the first 5 times that he played it. Then blew me up on PMs when I pointed out that this was clearly BS. Dude is a clown. Nothing more.

#66 4 years ago

You think BK is not selling well?

I am not a distributor and you would know much better than I, but I can see how this machine would sell better if it were released in a less crowded market. If it were released 5 years ago it would be a much better seller.

Let me steal an analogy from the health club business.

The pinball market is a leaky bucket. You have a certain amount of money going into the market in the form of NIB machines and barn finds/restorations. This is the water going into the top. You have a certain amount of water draining from holes in the bottom and sides, this is depreciation. At the same time, as more pinball people join the hobby, the bucket gets taller. If the manufacturers pump out too many games, the water will fill up and flow over the sides, causing the secondary price of recent (NIB) titles to fall.

It's a rough analogy, but I think it gets my point across.

#67 4 years ago

Everyone tried drilling holes in the cabinet to mount a Magna-Save button and screwed up, so they want to unload the machine while they still can...

#68 4 years ago

My guess is the ones selling are either
A. Mixed up newbs who think a pin has to be deep to be good
B. Candy asses who can't handle the punishment
C. The ADD NIB buyer with a revolving door for the delivery men

ill go with "C"

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

What non-pinball fan will want Black Knight? Ahhh... NOBODY!

What non-financial expert would want to make investments?
What non-car fan would want a Tesla?
:
:
:
You don't have to be a fan to like or to want something.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
$ 130.00
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-are-there-so-many-new-black-knights-already-for-sale-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.