53%

(150 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190520_205229 (resized).jpg
6AC02EE8-A27C-4088-9F74-32463C418FF0 (resized).jpeg
D3E47376-B971-4618-A00E-CED53124E421 (resized).jpeg
4847D5A7-75CF-41C9-BC2B-35FC323344C5 (resized).jpeg

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

I’m waiting for my black knight premium ..but I’m getting scared because there are so many pros already on the market for sale ..does the game just suck ..or is there another reason ?? Any one know if the premium or le are any better ?

#2 4 years ago

My LE’s in the box waiting for help unboxing, but I‘ve played the Pro and like it a lot!

#3 4 years ago

I would not read into anything, enjoy your game

#4 4 years ago

I've been thinking of a Pro myself. Played both versions at MGC and had a blast. It was intense and unapologetic in it's in your face play style. Enjoyed it more than any of the other new pins at the show. Wouldn't worry much. Enjoy your game.

#5 4 years ago

Played the pro five times and was already bored

#6 4 years ago

The pro totally rocks, premium/Le is slower do to the upper playfield but all versions are better than any newer pins out there. It just screams fun.

#7 4 years ago

Buyers remorse. Happens with every game. You'll love it. Don't worry.

#8 4 years ago

because its empty, repetitive and from what ive heard from a lot of people the upper playfield is not worth the extra money. I was watching buffalo pinball play it. One of the duo blew up more than half the modes and multiballs before he finished ball 2. Got to the point where they asked him if he wanted to make the game harder. This game is gonna suffer like Munsters. Once you beat the game and see everything there not much incentive to keep playing again. Code updates might change it

#9 4 years ago

In its current state I do think I'd get bored of it a little quickly because the software is a little bare, but I'm looking forward to updates, the base game is very fun and I don't think Stern intends to leave this one out in the dust.

#10 4 years ago

It’s a amazing location pin. For home use it has quick and brutal games. I think some people have such short attention spans, they play a pin and “beat it” then move on.

#11 4 years ago

ive played it a lot on location and there is not a lot going on in the code yet. it's very repetitive as of now.

#12 4 years ago

Totally normal post-sale Stern sell-off. It’s happened on the last 5 games I can think of. There’s just so much available now, people are blindly buying then decide they want something else, can’t afford it, etc

#13 4 years ago

I always put a few credits on location and enjoy the fast brutal play, but I wouldn’t bring one home it doesn’t feel like there is much to build and there are more appealing machines for fast flow games.

#14 4 years ago

I’ve got my buy set at $4800 for a HUO pro.

#15 4 years ago

The Intensity of the Game reminded me of Iron Man....Fast, and fun.

Nice game to have....sounds great, shots are smooth, Lighting is really nice....

#16 4 years ago

Just got the chance to play Black Knight at Helicon Brewery (Pittsburgh, PA) and found the game to be great! It was a lot of fun. Only issue I found was the fact I was getting a lot of air balls. Few times ball jumped over the rails into the drain lane. Sure it's just the settings or something easy to resolve. I actually wouldn't mind getting one!

Enjoy the game and if you don't like it let me know

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Totally normal post-sale Stern sell-off. It’s happened on the last 5 games I can think of. There’s just so much available now, people are blindly buying then decide they want something else, can’t afford it, etc

I’m just not sure the buying pool/resources are keeping up with 4-6 title a year production and that gets back to the OP’s question- I think it’s a reason some people sell quickly, they take a small hit and have that capital ready to try the next one out at home.

For any recent title from any mfr, especially sterns, if you wanted one but had the patience to wait 1-6 weeks, you could use save hundreds and easily find a good used one.

Many here think IMDN is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and it launched with awesome nearly complete code, and you still could get a good to great deal, likely without driving very far, on a gently used one after 1-6 weeks.

#18 4 years ago

All the Stern games show up for sale quickly...this is just more of the same. Doesn’t equate to being a bad game or a good one for that matter. Played it a lot at GSPF and I thought the game was excellent. Loved the premium and pro, if I was to buy one premium is the one I would get.

#19 4 years ago

My LE is great

#20 4 years ago

Played a lot of BK pro on location. Fun as hell. It’s fast, combative, rock and roll type pin and the shots feel good. The animations and sound are fantastic. Steve Ritchie’s callouts are his best ever IMO.

I don’t know if I’d want to own it or not, because there are a lot of cool games out now. But this notion that games must have a cool toy/mech to be good is just plain wrong. A good shooting game that keeps you pumped and engaged speaks for itself.

For comparison, I played Munsters the same day. I liked it too, and made it to Munster Madness. The theme integration is fantastic. But BK was more fun. More energy, etc.

But and play what you like.

#21 4 years ago

Just unboxed my #77 yesterday. Its fun pin! Code updates will make it even better over time!

Add a few mods.

4847D5A7-75CF-41C9-BC2B-35FC323344C5 (resized).jpeg4847D5A7-75CF-41C9-BC2B-35FC323344C5 (resized).jpeg6AC02EE8-A27C-4088-9F74-32463C418FF0 (resized).jpeg6AC02EE8-A27C-4088-9F74-32463C418FF0 (resized).jpegD3E47376-B971-4618-A00E-CED53124E421 (resized).jpegD3E47376-B971-4618-A00E-CED53124E421 (resized).jpeg
#22 4 years ago

I haven’t even played it, so I’m a shithead for even having an opinion...

This happens every game. People jump on the excitement of a new title, and find out the game isn’t for them. If you assigned me a machine to play, what are the odds that I love it? I’d guess 10-20% (it’s pinball after all). But if I pick it, I’ve got an 80% chance of loving it. There’s still a chance that I don’t, and I push it back out the door.

So my estimate is that 20% of games will change hands quickly no matter what the title is.

#23 4 years ago

I bought a HUO Beatles and Deadpool over BK. If that means anything. BK pro is a one flipper one ramp wonder. LCD and art looks fantastic but that only takes you so far. And believe me this is coming from one of the biggest Anthrax fans ever.

#24 4 years ago

I don't know I really like the game lots of local friends I know also enjoy the game I do hope they add more to the code but it's not terrible. I actually just picked mine up today can't wait to get it unboxed.

20190520_205229 (resized).jpg20190520_205229 (resized).jpg

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from spikelou2:

I’m waiting for my black knight premium ..but I’m getting scared because there are so many pros already on the market for sale ..does the game just suck ..or is there another reason ?? Any one know if the premium or le are any better ?

It happens with every new release. Some people just cycle through games quickly and frequently.

Did you have a chance to play the game before putting in your order?

#26 4 years ago

Where are the new toys. What's new? Is there anything I have not seen before?
When new titles were released in the 90s every game was featuring something new. Something that was a new innovation.
I feel Stern is too focused on coming out with a new theme Vs developing new game gimmicks and features.
Maybe that's why people are already moving on.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Where are the new toys. What's new? Is there anything I have not seen before?
When new titles were released in the 90s every game was featuring something new. Something that was a new innovation.
I feel Stern is too focused on coming out with a new theme Vs developing new game gimmicks and features.
Maybe that's why people are already moving on.

The flail is a new thing!

Boom! It’s 1993 again.

You’re welcome.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It happens with every new release. Some people just cycle through games quickly and frequently.

Very true, but some happen much more frequently than others and I think that paints a picture on how the collecting community views a game.

You don’t see a lot of Deadpool FS (granted the Premium is like a unicorn they seem so rare). But a dialed in Deadpool is an F’ing fun as hell game. You don’t see a whole ton of IMDN. Same deal.

But there were a TON of Munsters FS here in its very short time since release. BKSoR will be interesting to view over the next few months whether it gets the same treatment. It’s a lot deeper than Munsters, animations are great... but wow it’s an empty PF... with a 2nd empty PF if you’re wealthier.

#29 4 years ago

I'm normally not a Richie fan beyond STTNG, but I sure like BK. The call out taunts are awesome and the play is even faster than Iron Man. If you're in to counting toys, ramps, modes, etc., then yeah, it doesn't sum up on the calculator like normal, so it's not for you. If you like Game of Thrones, a little metal music, and seeing your ball behind your flipper before your eyes register that it went out that right outlane, then you might just like it. Plus, there are some folks who buy and sell pinball games at an astonishing rate. They buy, own, and sell before I usually receive my game, even if I order early.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

with a 2nd empty PF if you’re wealthier.

This is amazing.

#31 4 years ago

Hey. I simply love to unbox a new pin!! If once I get it home it doesn’t keep wanting more and more then it goes on the short list to sell. There is a pro on location not to far from me and last week alone I was in there 3 different times and dumped money in it. I love it.

I pick up my LE this week!!

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

This is amazing.

Definitely funny by yoko2una. I mean, it’s so empty you can literally see thru it.

#33 4 years ago

I'm willing to do 3 for 1 nice players system 11 games for one. Added an ad here. Contact me if this tickles your fancy and such. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/79797

#34 4 years ago

My guess is the ones selling are either

A. Mixed up newbs who think a pin has to be deep to be good

B. Candy asses who can't handle the punishment

C. The ADD NIB buyer with a revolving door for the delivery men

#35 4 years ago

because the magnasave button is in the wrong place

#36 4 years ago

At the moment of writing this, the poll is at 72% saying the game is "Just OK" or "Horrible", perhaps that shows why many are selling!

#37 4 years ago

If you like playing the game, why does it matter how many games go up for sale? It would not bother me at all. Play what you like, not what others tell you what you should like.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

because the magnasave button is in the wrong place

Stern doesnt need to copy Williams. It's works fine on the lock bar. No one is selling over this.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Just unboxed my #77 yesterday. Its fun pin! Code updates will make it even better over time!
Add a few mods.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

does anyone know where to get light up flippers?

mjr

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

72% saying the game is "Just OK" or "Horrible"

Those 72% are the people who didn't/don't want to buy it...
The poll doesn't reflect anything about the people who bought a Bk3 and what they think after buying the pins...
-mof

#41 4 years ago

because to be the "cool kid" you have to have the latest and greatest every 3 months.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from spikelou2:

Look here is the reality... there is no movie titled attached to it, so the only real buyers for the game are pinball fanatics. This is BAD!

Why? Because a game like Ghostbusters appeals to many people pinball fan or not, it opens up your market for resell. People here might not love Ghostbusters but fans of the movie like Ghostbusters. People who don't collect pinball games, might own a Ghostbusters. What non-pinball fan will want Black Knight? Ahhh... NOBODY!

The game is boring after a while, and honestly there just isn't much to it. This is probably one of if not the most un-original game I've ever seen. Personally the first two additions are more fun than this version. With that being said it will probably be a very popular tournament game, but I predict the LE's will sell for about $5800 in about 8 to 12 months, Premiums will sell for about the same, and Pros I think will get as low as $4000.00 because there is no one to sell the game to?

Do you throw this game on craigs list, ebay, or facebook and find instant buyers like you would with Wizard of Oz? No you'll be selling this to other pinball collectors, looking for a black knight. They will get bored of the game in about 3 months, and bam it will be resold again.

I would NOT buy an LE because heck a friend of mine just bought a Munsters LE for $6500 with less than 100 plays. As you can read Munsters is being hailed as another recent Disasters by Stern. Where do you think Black Knight LE will be in 3 months... at least Munsters is a licensed game. You can find some Munster fan out there to open up the market some.

Lastly for the people who think I'm just bashing on the game I'm not... I'm just trying to inject some reality. The reality is the game will not hold up over time, as new games come onto the market people will quickly forget about the very basic Black Knight.

I'd say in the case of Black Knight patiences is a virtue... just wait for 6 months and you'll find a couple guys begging to sell it whereby you'll save a fortune!

#43 4 years ago

I don't think I've EVER seen a game in more dire need of mods than Black Knight. This is the flat out cheapest Stern has ever gone to create a World under the glass by far. You could add mods to this game until the cows come home for sure. On the PRO you get two plastic flat images one of a knight and one of a horse...nothing more nothing less.

Its like what happened, did the pinball toy factory close that week? LOL

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I don't think I've EVER seen a game in more dire need of mods than Black Knight. This is the flat out cheapest Stern has ever gone to create a World under the glass by far. You could add mods to this game until the cows come home for sure. On the PRO you get two plastic flat images one of a knight and one of a horse...nothing more nothing less.
Its like what happened, did the pinball toy factory close that week? LOL

I don't necessarily disagree w/this. BKSOR Pro is sparse, but you don't notice it as much from a top down (streaming) view. Step up to it in real life and it's pretty shocking. Just like GOT Pro, it looks like they just designed it in "layers" and removed the upper pf.

That doesn't mean it's not fun. I think GOT Pro is fun as hell. BKSOR was ok for me but I only had literally a game on it.

#45 4 years ago

I spent about 20 minutes on a couple different models at the MGC show, that's plenty for me.

#46 4 years ago

How can you spend 20 minutes and make up your mind. I played TWD 100 times and hated it, but its one of my favorites now that I know how to play it and the code updated.

#47 4 years ago

Looked at the market page for the HUO there was six for sale one still in the box was that was bought so that they could play while waiting for there LE and one by a distributor that leaves just 3

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Doesn't seem to be happening with Deadpool. I've been looking for a DP and have seen very few come up for sale.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

How can you spend 20 minutes and make up your mind. I played TWD 100 times and hated it, but its one of my favorites now that I know how to play it and the code updated.

It looked boring when I walked up to it, played several games, was underwhelmed - what more do you want? I didn't play it a hundred times, obviously code wasn't updated - why would you play a game you hate a hundred times? I doubt I'll ever play one more game of it, yet I'll still live a full life.

#50 4 years ago

One thing I have learned about Stern machines is not to write them off. Many times a new release will not get my juices flowing, but with code development and time the machine becomes desirable. (Deadpool is a prime example)

Pinball is like wine, it gets better with age

-I cant believe I am currently looking for a Stern NBA, BBH, Elvis, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Kiss, Mustang, Deadpool, the list goes on. Some of these old dogs have really grown on me. One man's trash is another man's treasure. BKSOF has not interested me yet-but time will tell.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-are-there-so-many-new-black-knights-already-for-sale-/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.