(Topic ID: 286651)

Why are there common parts like this that are unavailable to purchase?

By mystman12

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by humanoid
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210126-161951 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mystman12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I was playing my Big Guns tonight when the right eject stopped working. I opened it up and found the pivot bracket had snapped. Looked in the manual and found the part number, A-6950-R. "There should be plenty of these!" I thought, since eject kickers are a super common feature on pins from this era. I searched it up on Marco and... Out of stock. Variations of it, also out of stock. I googled it, can't find anything from other vendors. All that's for sale I can find is a trimmed version (Which I bought, but I'll have to add something else to act as a coil stop now) and the entire assembly.

How is that a part like this isn't stocked anywhere? I would expect that a part used in as many games as this one would be easy to find.

#3 3 years ago

Thanks but that says used. Seeing as mine just broke I'd rather use one that that hasn't potentially also had years of stress put on it.

Honestly I'm just legitimately curious why some seemingly common parts are hard to find these days and aren't still made to keep things stocked.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Read again. It says new.[quoted image]

D'oh! Sorry, for some reason my attention went to the bottom of the page where a used one is listed. Thanks, I'll grab a few.

Quoted from Dayhuff:

Not enough demand to get them made. Probably cost thousands to have the cost of making them worth while and how many would you have to sell just to break even? The chances of you breaking a second one is pretty slim in my opinion, I'd slap on the first used one I could find and get back to playing.
john

That makes sense, but it's certainly a bit concerning for the future when parts like these sell out everywhere.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Steve is awesome and PBR always has what I need!! Just call Steve next time you’re trying to find a part everyone else is out of. A majority of those parts are made by or made for Steve and the other guys like Marco buy from him in bulk, his prices are DIRT CHEAP. Plungers and links for like 30¢

Didn't think about that, I'll definitely try contacting him next time. I usually only think to check Pinball Resource when I need a Gottlieb specific part, I tend to forget he's got a lot more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mystman12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-are-there-common-parts-like-this-that-are-unavailable-to-purchase?tu=mystman12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.