(Topic ID: 119143)

Why are Pins superior to Vids?

By mof

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

asteroidstodef.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gorno.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 9 years ago

It's the physical aspect. I like the engineering, real physical interaction, light shows and unpredictable nature of the game. Video games are so static and lifeless to me. I also like that these games can be +30 old and still be entertaining in comparison to modern machines/video games.

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from dsmoke1986:

You're kidding right? Nothing beats PacMan on an authentic cab with the original 4 way joystick, or Asteroids on a Vector monitor...Or the amazing Konami Beat em' ups with 3 other friends playing along.
    It's all good; I think snubbing your nose at Vids is silly, they are so intertwined historically; Arcades in general are what I long for.
    When you look at modern gaming, in console terms...99% of the games made are so complex and take awhile to get into; arcade games had to be simple to pick up, but have complexity to them to keep people putting in quarters, so that game design to me, is amazing. I love playing arcade games on their original cabinets, just like most pins are incredible to look at, and play and see all the nuances that go into them.
    I think it's all good stuff.

Why would I kid you? I enjoy pinball over video games. They hold my interest. New or old video games have always been placid in comparison. The only video games that hold my attention are either fast paced first person shooters in multiplayer or something like GTA. I also have ADHD.... so that might have something to do with it.

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I hear ya...Off topic, but try GTA5 on PS4 or XboxOne....Amazing!

I own it on PS3 and I really enjoyed it. But, I haven't ponied up the cash for a PS4. I play so few video games these days (Call of duty series and GTA).

I think most people hit the nail on the head though. The two are not really comparable, and I don't think it would be fair to say that one is better than the other. I just happen to find pinball much more enjoyable. Very different experiences.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gorno.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-are-pins-superior-to-vids?tu=gorno and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.