(Topic ID: 119143)

Why are Pins superior to Vids?

By mof

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

asteroidstodef.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider betelgeuse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 9 years ago

I am a lifelong video game player. I worked at a local video game store for years. I started my collection buying vids. I stumbled into pinball a short time later, but I still have my vids after about 10 years. They are both great and help define the arcade experience I try to replicate in my basement. I love pinball the most overall, but despite all the money, time and labor I've poured into my gameroom, I still spend 10x as much time on console games. They are inexpensive and some games can consume hundreds and hundreds of hours of free time. I play pinball when I don't have so much time or when friends come over. It's all gaming and it's all great!

#117 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ask Playstation Store how much monies they make every year selling PS1 games.

Yup, I still have my NES and PS2 (also plays PS1) hooked up to the tv. There are a ton of console/pc games I go back to every few years even though I've beaten them and played them countless times:

Castlevania 1, 3 and Symphony of the Night
    Super Mario 1-4
    Legend of Zelda
    Metroid
    Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1 & 2
    StarCraft
    Intelligent Qube
    Bust-A-Groove
    Fallout 3 & New Vegas
    Oblivion & Skyrim
    Wasteland
    Quest for Glory 1-4
    GTA: 3, VC, SA & 5
    Blaster Master
    Need for Speed 3
    Ghostbusters (x360)
    Resident Evil 1 & 2
    Final Fantasy 1-3
    Wizardry 6 & 7

I'm sure I could go on. Some of these games still look great in their own way and even if they don't, there's always going to be something that appeals to me to make me keep going back. Some games are about the challenge and some are just about the experience. Pinball is better as a hobby, I think, but there is art and there are sounds and there are experiences to be appreciated in video games. The two aren't mutually exclusive in the least and I would hope that people who appreciate one can appreciate the other.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider betelgeuse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-are-pins-superior-to-vids?tu=betelgeuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.