Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 200 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8057C6A3-40C8-4968-9F58-9A287FC92577_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    Soul Gem Jackpot (resized).png
    download (resized).jpg
    pinitech-1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Honch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Its the least important part of pinball for me. Some of my fav games are alpha numeric, couldn't care less. Thats not saying I don't appreciate the new displays and good animations but it would never affect my decision to buy a game.

My thoughts exactly. The new displays are awesome, but aren't what I care about when it comes to pinball.
    Personally. I'd much rather see the companies spend their development money on more mechanical features for the playfied, rather than over the top graphics.

#98 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

You're applying proven methods among average consumers who own smartphones and play cheap games.
    Most people who typically buy and own pinball machines are not your average consumer.
    Is the average consumer willing to work and maintain their machine? Let alone drop 7...8...10k for something that has features they already have on their phone, computer, television, car...?
    There has always been this obsession on pinside with bringing pinball into the mainstream and trying to make it more popular.
    It will never translate well into the mainstream. For nearly 100 years, it never has. Its pinball. You either like it or you don't. It doesnt need to adapt to anything.
    There are people who enjoy chess and bowling. It's like trying to say those things arent good enough so they need to be more innovative too.
    This isn't for the mainstream. Especially at the potentially high(er) cost of these machines. Stern would be out of business.

It's nice to see someone else that isnt obsessed with trying to make pinball "mainstream". Never gonna happen

It's a niche hobby. Always has been always will be and that's probably one of the reasons I like it as much as I do.

#104 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nobody actually wants innovation. Pinball is not about innovation. That’s why in every “innovation” thread the suggestions have already been done before (pinball needs more magnets and lower playfields!!! Swappable playfields are the future!!!) or are so ridiculous they don’t warrant discussion (why isn’t there smoke and fire inside my game?!)
    You should find a new hobby. Pinball is pinball. Stop begging for it to be something else.

This is actually quite accurate in regards to how I feel about pinball. I really dont want innovation in any way that would change pinball into something that is very different from what I enjoy about the game. Some of the games that have come out within the last 10 years are fantastic and rival my favorite era (the pinnacle of pinball) the B/W of the 90s. Never thought I'd say that but it's TRUE. They've modernized the games without taking away what makes pinball, pinball.

Call it being old school or just being old, but I'm not looking for the next big thing in pinball that will transform the game into something different.
    I think in recent years pinball has progressed well enough as it is without something like social media being incorporated into the games.

#111 3 years ago

Maybe they should just add a jack for cable or dish? Then we can watch reality tv, while we tweet and compete on social media. A mini fridge where the coin door is and possibly a crockpot topper would make pins not only innovative, but theyd be the ultimate tailgating must have.
    Why is Stern not seeing the light on these genius ideas?

#130 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

JMO but nothing will. This pinball thing is riding high because the arcade kids are now in a position to be able to buy games, video and pinball for their homes. I think it dies with us. Young people might embrace pinball via VR but most kids today and I said most aren't buying physical pinball machines in 20 or 30 years. We aren't far away from video games being indistinguishable from reality, at that point those kids will have no interest. I'm 45, not planning on stopping buying NIB for many many years, hopefully I'm wrong and young people embrace this hobby, I just don't see it. Thus who gives a shit about online, that's why it hasn't been implemented already.

I believe virtual reality will ultimately kill the pinball hobby (manufacturing) within the next 10 to 12 years. Ive been saying it for years, but I have little doubt about what is coming down the pike.
    If you want innovation, that's the place to look.

#131 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

JMO but nothing will. This pinball thing is riding high because the arcade kids are now in a position to be able to buy games, video and pinball for their homes. I think it dies with us. Young people might embrace pinball via VR but most kids today and I said most aren't buying physical pinball machines in 20 or 30 years. We aren't far away from video games being indistinguishable from reality, at that point those kids will have no interest. I'm 45, not planning on stopping buying NIB for many many years, hopefully I'm wrong and young people embrace this hobby, I just don't see it. Thus who gives a shit about online, that's why it hasn't been implemented already.

I believe virtual reality will ultimately kill the pinball hobby (manufacturing) within the next 10 to 12 years. Ive been saying it for years, but I have little doubt about what is coming down the pike.
    If you want innovation, that's the place to look.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Honch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-are-pinball-animations-so-basic?tu=Honch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.