(Topic ID: 139851)

Why are PF parts lists unavailable for older machines??

By sohchx

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

So over the past two years I have restored a good number of playfields and one thing that I have always wondered, why are playfield parts lists and part numbers not included in the documention of older machines? I can't order replacements without the part name and part number. For example, I am currently restoring a playfield on a Williams Millionaire. I am 100% sure that some of the posts are incorrect, so I need to know which posts are the correct ones and what the part numbers are to order them. I have tried looking at photos of assembled PF's but that just isn't enough. I also noticed that the machines that I have done produced in 1998 and older the manuals have a full replacement parts list with numbers in the rear of all the manuals. Was it just a thing to leave all this out with the older titles??

#2 8 years ago

Parts catalogs have a lot of parts listed. The game manuals do not.

#3 8 years ago

I'm going through the same thing, and you should take a look at the planetary parts catalogs. i used to avoid these because they were terribly slow and dreadful to navigate, but they have updated them and are actually pretty awesome now.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Parts catalogs have a lot of parts listed. The game manuals do not.

I do have the Williams parts manual, but is not game specific. I need to know which parts go where for one specific machine.

#5 8 years ago

Try posting a request for specific photos or tear-down photos for the game.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-are-pf-parts-lists-unavailable-for-older-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.