Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6 Million.jpg
blameothers-for-price-increases.jpg
I-cannot-afford-pins-anymore-I-am-pissed.jpg
IMG_1564.JPG
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#129 9 years ago

I think most people have more money to spend on luxury items now than they had in the last few years. Times have been tough for most and as of late, hopefully, many are starting to have a few extra dollars to spend. So they are willing to pay up on games and yes they seem to want them now and not shop around and wait.

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

http://www.bostonpinball.biz/ebay_1114.htm
Looks like an average price to me. I normally use the Boston Pinball price guide to gauge an average baseline for a pin.

I always found Boston pinball prices to be wayyyyy off of actual prices. Never understood where they get their info. Pinpedia or Pinside are way closer to reality. At least in my area.

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

I was just as surprised as the elivra that just sold, that one really caught me off guard.

What's the story on the Elvira sale?

I don't waste time looking at Boston pinball sales because the last time I looked they were way off. If that's how you gauge the market that's fine but there are better sources. One of which you are on now.

#176 9 years ago

EATPM seems to be one off the games people are looking for lately. What kind of shape was it? I sold a beater 2 years ago for 1800.

As for as Boston pinball right now they have Dr Who 1200, f14 850, Flintstones 1300, Fish Tales 1500 I don't think those prices are realistic.

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from Jdawg4422:

You are looking at an old page i dont see any of those values, to get the new page you have to go back to bostonpinball homepage and hit crtl+F5. Then click on ebay sales, newest one should be ebay_1114.htm (so nov of 2014, a new one will be out on 0515 or may 2015). The only real column i look at on boston is the second to last one. It is the average of the last year.
So for your examples:
FT: $3184 last year. $1781 overall
DW: $2950 for the last year. $1333 overall
F14: $1398 last year. $975 overall
Flinstones: $2231 last year. $1532 overall
Prices have come way up in the last five years so the overall is prob low.
Prices have come down in the last year so the last year may be slightly higher than it should be.

Your right, thanks my tablet keep bringing up the old pages.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-are-people-paying-so-much-for-pins?tu=t2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.