Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6 Million.jpg
blameothers-for-price-increases.jpg
I-cannot-afford-pins-anymore-I-am-pissed.jpg
IMG_1564.JPG
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fishpharm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 9 years ago

I could be wrong but people like inhome go to Ebay because that is where people will spend the most money. When I first got into the hobby of collecting arcade games and pins I would frequent Ebay and even bought a few until I learned about local boards and sites like this where the prices are better. I got a few good deals on Ebay but I feel its the place where the un-educated or newbie goes to first...this is why the price is higher. I don't personally have a problem with pricing threads because I think its good to let people know what games are actually going for and worth. From what I notices it ticks off more the ones who like to constantly flip for income....

#116 9 years ago

Pinball prices are the way they are simply because people pay for them. Everyone has their limits on what they are willing to spend though. For me, personally, I think the prices on them are ridiculous but I've still purchased a few. Luckily I have no interest in the ones that are being manufactured for 8k..I prefer the older Williams. I'm mostly into arcade games but I like pins also and will add a few more to my collection in the next year or so. I can't blame people like inhomearcade because if I was selling that pin I would want to get as much as I could for it also. I do agree with other people on here that say that its a good guess that most collectors make good money. I think there are other ways to do it also...trading up etc that will off-set some of the cost etc and I know people are good at that. As far as me, I'm very fortunate to make a very good salary. I've spent many years in school to get that salary so I do like to indulge a bit on games. This excuse seems to work with the wife....at least for now...hehe But regardless of income, I still feel its tough to hand over that kind of money for a pinball machine...but I've done it a few times...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fishpharm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-are-people-paying-so-much-for-pins?tu=fishpharm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.