Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6 Million.jpg
blameothers-for-price-increases.jpg
I-cannot-afford-pins-anymore-I-am-pissed.jpg
IMG_1564.JPG
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

What I think about when I seen a pin in that condition selling for ~$1500 is why pay $1500 for something in that condition when you can buy one in very good condition for $2500-$3000. You can even buy a brand new stern for ~$5400 or a slightly used stern for ~$4000.
My other thing is that I wouldn't be able to just buy that pin in that condition and play it, it would drive me crazy. So when I look at it I see hours and hours of work and several hundreds of dollars in parts "if you can find the parts" and really with the PF in that condition I would consider it almost un-repairable.
I also don't mind driving to pick up a pin at a fair price I have made a few 11hr round trips to get pins and I enjoy working on pins. So problem machines don't bother me but you have to get a machine at a fair price to begin with if it needs work.
Just like everything people look at things differently and I guess many people would have no problem buying that pin and just playing it in the condition that it is.

possibly because their budget doesn't allow it... you just blithely say "spend twice or three times as much" like people can just pull 100's out of their ass...

a pin doesn't have to be a beauty queen to be fun... some people have forgotten that or never learned it in the first place... it may come as a surprise to you, but the vast majority of machines in people's collections aren't beauty queens...

"i couldn't play a pin in that condition" is an affliction that isn't helpful to our hobby...

#95 9 years ago

@inhome.... well said....

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

One other thing I learned from this thread is that people take things way too seriously sometimes. Especially when it comes to pinball machines and prices )

you poke the bear, you take your chances....

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Not to mention, fewer of them every day as some are left to rot neglected in storage, thrown out because they were neglected, or parted out if someone doesn't want to take the time to restore it.

yup... like that fool who parted out that perfectly fixable machine a few weeks ago...

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

dumping a ton of money into a game does not make it worth more than another one if its still a crappy game. It may make it higher than the average, but if the average is 1k and you put 3K in crap into it its not suddenly a 4k game.

yup...

a distinction that escapes many...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-are-people-paying-so-much-for-pins?tu=ccotenj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.