Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6 Million.jpg
blameothers-for-price-increases.jpg
I-cannot-afford-pins-anymore-I-am-pissed.jpg
IMG_1564.JPG
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 9 years ago

Yeah I don't see what the issue is. If this machine was near me for that price, I would buy it.

People pay crazy prices for pinball machines because they are awesome and hard to come by. Plus, they hold their value, and increase, making it one of the smartest entertainment values you can buy.

Every wife should be ecstatic about the fact that if their husbands are spending fun money on something that holds it's value so well. God knows the whoa-mans are not doing the same

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I made $14/hr in high school washing cars. Nobody making that much should even consider buying / owning a pinball machine. Better to invest the $1,000 in the future. I would guess that 95% of pinside makes more than $14 / hr.

You live in NY city...

You're right, people with low income should not have fun, and only buy console gaming that's worth nada in a few years. Much better choice right?

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Pinball was not that expensive of a hobby. Not until the stupidity price era (2 1/2 to 3 years ago) did prices start to get to a level that the common person couldn't afford DMD games.

I know eh Neo...it was insane wasn't it? Guys posting "I dontz gotta sell, but if I do... here's my stupidly priced era breakdown". Then they rag on everyone else's prices for the next three years...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-are-people-paying-so-much-for-pins?tu=atomicboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.