(Topic ID: 34278)

Why are no Stern employees on Pinside?

By Pdxmonkey

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pdxmonkey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

This X-men code has me curious why is there no comments from any stern employees (ie PUblic Relations) ever on pinside? It's either posts from 'insiders' (who are often right) and salesmen (distributors). I have a quite a few games by Stern and most off them I really love but I'm pretty disapointed with x-men code wise. 1.22 -> 1.23 denotes not much evolution...ok fine but what have they been doing for months and months? Making magnets stronger?
    Is this the long awaited power pack? I hope not
    And how much did they test this billy?
    This might have been fine business practice when your the only game in town but in 2013 looks like you have some hungry comparators. I'm honestly not trying to cause shit but just hoping you can adapt to what some of your growing customer base wants.

Skit-B is fantastic on communications
    JPOP is all over the boards
    P3 are here
    JJP Jack and Keith are here and take time out of their busy schedules to talk to us.
    Shit even captain nemo ppl from SPAIN are here
    No Stern? What gives?

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Any chance to take a crap on Stern. This community should be renamed SternSucks.com

Thanks for answering my questions.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

I am not allowed to post on boards related to the company I work for. I can understand why. It is not my job to act as a critic or a spokesman for them.
    IOW, I can do more damage than good even if I "think" I am supporting my company.

This makes sense. Thanks for posting

Quoted from LTG:

Some of them USED to post on RGP.
    Being the power shifted within the company and change with the investors. And the advent of their website and Facebook.
    Perhaps their people are encouraged not to post anywhere anymore.
    Or they are too busy making games they don't have time to visit the various forums anymore.
    I know they still read them.
    LTG : )

Thanks LTG, good to hear they're listening.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from AbacusMan:

From seeing the videos, I don't think Stern hires people who likes pinball machine. They hire "factory workers". This means people with felonys, and...well...people with felonys(tax breaks). I work for a factory. It is quite common.

IMO stern has an extremely talented staff.
    I think the foundation for X-men to be a great game is there, just needs a lot better update.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from AbacusMan:

Oh, I was talking about the grunt workers. You know, like the people who scrub the toilets and sweep the floors.

I'm more interested in hearing from designers and software ppl but I bet the labor has some good stories too.

#43 11 years ago

So long story short email stern.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pdxmonkey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-are-no-stern-employees-on-pinside?tu=Pdxmonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.