(Topic ID: 249926)

Why are new Stern LE’s with such low plays going for so cheap!?

By MJR8peanut

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 168 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

17400B9D-370E-4D34-852D-D56F3312B765 (resized).png
    DwaWdDFUwAA9YFY (resized).jpg
    66B0F805-351B-4964-A461-7C9E49619F4D (resized).png
    B9927E5E-2BB5-49FF-B56F-E1C8C5EE58B1 (resized).jpeg
    DB2BFB4C-1BE0-4319-A694-4AA1E5220ED5 (resized).jpeg
    C3A71CD0-8217-4DF0-8211-06115FBDAD82 (resized).jpeg
    0B553C57-FA32-4A0F-AE01-399932AFCED4 (resized).jpeg
    Elvira (resized).jpg
    0EB40F18-4DE6-4838-9964-03110154390A (resized).png
    20190713_164144 (resized).jpg
    think (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2019-08-22-04-56-40-1 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MJR8peanut.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I have seen a munsters LE and a BKSOR LE within the last month both priced at $7,500 and they are both still on market. (then again, BKSOR was just listed). So why are these two games loosing so much value so quickly?!

MJR

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Both of the specific LE's are not great games.

would only say for munsters. i think BKSOR came out pretty good

MJR

#5 4 years ago

i think it has to do with rules. games like maiden LE and deadpool LE are holding more value and i think it is because they have more in depth rules with better art packages and layouts. and i expect the same to happen with JP2

MJR

#9 4 years ago

i just don’t understand why a brand new BKSOR with less than 50 plays would depreciate $1,500 in 5 months

MJR

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

Have you played it? Lol.

yes. and i really think it’s fun. but this isn’t about who thinks what game sucks and what game doesn’t. it’s about why these games depreciate so quick while a JJP doesnt

MJR

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

It's all about theme integration and the code. If those are both hits, then the LE retains value. Otherwise, they just sink. Munsters code is too easy for most collectors, and the BKSOR isn't a theme that will bring in big bucks. Hence the drop because there's no scarcity or FOMO.

i get what your saying but games should still hold SOME value

MJR

#60 4 years ago

so, from the looks, everyone is saying it has to do with the demand for the game? and maybe the demand will be more if they lower the amount of LEs so these games will hold more value in the aftermarket.

MJR

#63 4 years ago

and it seems like it has to also do with popularity of title (from what everyone seems to be saying). most people liked DP and IMDN. but not everyone liked BKSOR and Munsters.

MJR

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think you've finally cracked the case.
    I was pretty hesitant to accept these wild theories, but now I'm starting to become convinced that "popularity of title" and "demand for game" might have something to do with a game's value.

it’s just i don’t see where the $1,500 is lost in a 9 thousand dollar game that hasn’t even been touched basically over 5 months. and was asking pinside to see what they think

MJR

#88 4 years ago

as someone said what is the 1,500 in value over a premium in an le? trim, back glass, side art. is it really worth it?

MJR

#102 4 years ago

nib sterns up until spider man era was about 4 nib if i’m correct?

MJR

#104 4 years ago

i know at least the ‘03 and earlier sterns were 4K nib for a fact

MJR

#108 4 years ago

awesome! so my huo first owner southpark should be worth at least 6k!

MJR

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

If you're buying an LE, it tells me that you have a little more disposable income and in turn, don't care about it.. you just want the best, full featured game the Stern has offered. That being said, LE buyers should expect the least amount of sympathy for losing money on resale IMO.
    Sometimes wanting to be a baller means swallowing the bigger loss later on.

they can dish the money out and don’t care for the loss. one phone call practically and they have it back probably

MJR

#120 4 years ago

how limited can it be if you get the exact same playfield on the premium model

MJR

#131 4 years ago

so here’s another question to the forum, do you see the extra $1500 value in the LE over the Premium? Just for trim, backglass, side art, and a certificate.

MJR

#153 4 years ago

i would say loss of value is very connected to lack of code from release/the code itself

MJR

#159 4 years ago

buy used. take advantage of someone else’s loss

MJR

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MJR8peanut.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-are-new-stern-les-with-such-low-plays-going-for-so-cheap?tu=MJR8peanut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.