(Topic ID: 302658)

Why are Men better than Women at Pinball? Your Opinion, with Poll !!!

By HEAD_boss_HOG

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Why are Men better than Women at Pinball? Your Opinion, with Poll !!!”

• Men are more active, and play more pinball 26 votes
    14%
  • Women just don't care as much 111 votes
    59%
  • Men have better hand-eye coordination than women 32 votes
    17%
  • I have no idea, but it is perplexing 10 votes
    5%
  • men are stronger than women, and thus they are better at nudging, creating a competitive advantage 9 votes
    5%

(188 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1820F801-3A50-4CF9-98F2-FA70B7E06734 (resized).jpeg
4F292870-3114-4133-BE77-A8D467424851 (resized).jpeg
312FC4F0-E64D-45FC-84B8-A6A183279F9D (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
MenacingSomberBird-size_restricted.gif
giphy (1).gif
imgs (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211023-073618~2.png
friday-ratchet.gif
YN6qUXj4HdXoY.gif
f.gif
pinball pic (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pahuffman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Zero chance I choose to read all the bigotry in this thread

Way to immediately discredit your opinion.

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

I don't need to read anything related to this thread to know that after the first post

You absolutely have to read the discussion to have an opinion because there are valid points throughout.

Quoted from Skipnatty:

you're part of the problem

Exactly what is "the problem"? This is an open discussion about the overwhelming majority of men in the hobby with touches about the biological differences and preferences between men and women. The only problem here seems to be your closed mindedness.

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You don't have a problem with the title of this thread? There's nothing "open-minded" about it.

OP is entitled to his opinion. I don't agree with his phrasing, but I also didn't take it as malicious. Perhaps it could have been worded better, but my understanding is he's only interested in why the top 25 are all men. It's an interesting question worth exploration.

#150 2 years ago

Just want to mention the mods are doing a great job keeping this thread (generally) on track haha. Props!

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from skywyatt:

It's sad to think that the actions of some guys are at least a part of what is keeping women from pinball, but downplaying a woman's stated experience of it seems counterintuitive if your goal is inclusivity and appealing to a larger demographic.

There's no denying this absolutely happens. In my experience, though, when a good looking woman is around a bunch of guys playing pinball, all the guys tend to straighten up a little. What group of guys wouldn't want some chicks hanging around? I'd argue that some men often also go out of their way to make women feel comfortable in that environment, helping with rules or tips, etc. For several years, I've been around plenty of women playing pinball, single and married, and never heard any complaints about mistreatment of any kind. I would imagine this is the circumstance most of the time.

Am I just on an island here or are guys really just assholes outside of Alabama?

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from ElleCayare:

misogynist assholes

I see this term getting thrown around a lot lately. Without naming any names, can you give us some examples of this behavior?

Quoted from ElleCayare:

The other 10% are the steamroller guys who think they need to smooth the path for women. They are a different form of asshole.

Smooth meaning making things too easy on purpose or smooth meaning trying to over-explain like a "know it all"?

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from ElleCayare:

Like my former boss, (high school principal, liked to spank the younger female teachers, had an affair with subordinate and threatened to fire her, actually groped some of the male teachers, too). He chose his favorites based on necklines, the lower the better.

Ohh yeah that's pretty bad. You'd get fired for that nowadays. I was thinking you meant people who were being just generally rude. I know a guy (through a friend of a friend) who we recently found out was charged with sexual misconduct at his job. He got mega fired and lost his license in his industry.

Quoted from ElleCayare:

More like needing to fight battles for us. Most women are not fragile little flowers, and most of us are quite capable of forming opinions and expressing them.

Yeah I hate that too. Going back to your earlier ratio, do you really think 2/5 men you meet at a pinball event displays some kind of inappropriate behavior specifically towards women? That seems high to me. Not saying it hasn't happen or doesn't happen, but my experience would tell me it's more like 2/50. Thoughts?

#195 2 years ago
Quoted from ElleCayare:

10% is 1/10, not 2/5.

Whoops haha meant to say 1/5 - 10% for "misogynist assholes" and 10% for "steamrollers", so 8/10. Didn't want an improper fraction in there, so I reduced, but I reduced like an idiot. Math is not my strongest subject.

Clearly, women are better at math!

#199 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

isn’t the be-all and end-all of pinball.

I disagree with this. These guys ARE the best in the world, both physically and mentally. Raymond Davidson is #1 because he's a consistent winner. Just look at this past weekend's Expo tournament results. It's the same guys at the top of the list time and time again because they have combined their natural talent with practice to hone their craft.

OP is right. The top X players, however many you want to say, is a good reference. The number is arbitrary.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pahuffman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-are-men-better-than-women-at-pinball-your-opinion-with-poll-?tu=Pahuffman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.