(Topic ID: 302658)

Why are Men better than Women at Pinball? Your Opinion, with Poll !!!

By HEAD_boss_HOG

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Why are Men better than Women at Pinball? Your Opinion, with Poll !!!”

• Men are more active, and play more pinball 26 votes
    14%
  • Women just don't care as much 111 votes
    59%
  • Men have better hand-eye coordination than women 32 votes
    17%
  • I have no idea, but it is perplexing 10 votes
    5%
  • men are stronger than women, and thus they are better at nudging, creating a competitive advantage 9 votes
    5%

(188 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1820F801-3A50-4CF9-98F2-FA70B7E06734 (resized).jpeg
4F292870-3114-4133-BE77-A8D467424851 (resized).jpeg
312FC4F0-E64D-45FC-84B8-A6A183279F9D (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
MenacingSomberBird-size_restricted.gif
giphy (1).gif
imgs (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211023-073618~2.png
friday-ratchet.gif
YN6qUXj4HdXoY.gif
f.gif
pinball pic (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 281 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I saw your post in the jokes thread oh, you're getting a lot of mileage out of The kinks today aren't you.

A song gets stuck in your head, glad it's a good one.

#252 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Dang, I thought it looked like us spreading the hobby to the newest generation…

It was a joke, perhaps a bit too risqué for your clean, virtuous mind.

Added over 2 years ago:

Downvote if you like taking pictures of random children, creep

#253 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I saw your post in the jokes thread oh, you're getting a lot of mileage out of The kinks today aren't you.

He's still working out the kinks.

#254 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

It was a joke, perhaps a bit too risqué for your clean, virtuous mind.

I understand the joke, but I would think twice about making jokes like that about other peoples' kids.

#255 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Girls will be boys and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world.

... except for Lola!

Anyone who thinks the song is "about" a transvestite is missing the whole point. It's deliberately ambiguous.

"But I know what I am and I'm glad I'm a man
And so is Lola"

Is Lola also glad, or a man? Could be taken either way.

If anything, the "except for" part implies she is not mixed up. Then again, maybe that was because she switched, as trans people will say they didn't feel right until they did.

Very clever songwriting, many people miss the subtlety.

#256 2 years ago
Quoted from billclinton:

Yes. I am new to pinball. If it’s considered normal then i will start playing in the women’s tournament myself now that i know it’s an option.

If you want to tuck your junk just to make a stupid point, go crazy. Just please make sure someone takes a video.

#257 2 years ago

This is such a touchy subject that I’m afraid to comment on it. But what the hell. Girls suck, and men are awesome.

#258 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

This is such a touchy subject that I’m afraid to comment on it. But what the hell. Girls suck, and men are awesome.

I gotta give you credit for cutting straight to the point.

4F292870-3114-4133-BE77-A8D467424851 (resized).jpeg4F292870-3114-4133-BE77-A8D467424851 (resized).jpeg

#259 2 years ago

lol this isn’t hard to figure out

Two factors are required to be elite at pinball or video games (same question applies)

1. You need to play them obsessively
2: You need to have elite finger dexterity, reflexes, and ability to understand rules

There are simply not enough women interested in pinball to have many that match both 1 and 2.

If female/male populations liked/played pinball/video games equally you would see a difference story

#260 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

It is the quote below which triggered me to post - if that is not sexist, I don't know what is.

There are differences between different races which also apply generally - how is that different than comparing gender?

I can't understand how you could believe that I made a sexist comment, but trigger away; it is your right as a free person!!!

There's nothing bad about differences. It doesn't equate to "less than" the way some people have argued, IMO. Differences are why I appreciate women the way I do. They are gifted, and naturally provide something that almost all men cannot, and vice versa as for male inherent strengths/gifts.

Once we can all accept differences, and even celebrate them, we can appreciate each other more, and come to cherish the spectrum of inherent gifts/innate abilities each of us possess. It's not a bad idea IMO.

#261 2 years ago

This thread is even dumber than the GNR washer threads.

My wife is really good at pinball and has knocked every score off our Wonka machine. Your premise is invalid, OP.

#262 2 years ago

This question being asked in the first place is the only correct answer to this question.

#263 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Clearly it is because men can use their penises to hit the action button while keeping their hands on the flipper buttons all the time.

#notallmen

#264 2 years ago

Ill stick up for the ladies...

I would think the main reason is most women have a life and better things to do... most of you not so much.

#265 2 years ago

The only thing regarding pinball that men are inherently better at, would be making stupid threads like this on Pinside.

#266 2 years ago
Quoted from jfre81:

The only thing regarding pinball that men are inherently better at, would be making stupid threads like this on Pinside.

Technically, women are just as good at making these kinds of threads. They are just smart enough not to.

#267 2 years ago

This seems Sexist and probably should be removed.

#268 2 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

Yes, my 7 year old son currently wrestles co-ed, and it's a bit awkward to encourage him to do his best to dominate and defeat a female. Wrestling is a different, brutal world as we know. the girls in CA get their own league at age 11, in many leagues, which is a good idea.
I guess what I'm wishing for is tournament directors to adhere to the truism that pinball is a gender neutral hobby; there's no advantage really. we can all attest to being defeated by plenty of women in our time playing pinball. I've really enjoyed noticing more females engaging the hobby; it's refreshing and encouraging to see the appeal, and understand why females love to play the games we love. I hope INDISC 2022 is purely co-ed this time around. women deserve the integration at this point. It exists in other, non gender advantaged competitions I hope...

Soft bigotry of low expectations.

#269 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

This seems Sexist and probably should be removed.

oh look, you don't like something, so it should be gotten rid of. how cute.

#270 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The entire premise of your question and poll is flawed.
Skill is by no means the issue.
The male to female ratio in the hobby is just heavily skewed.
Have you seen a belles & chimes tournament?

Stated Perfectly...

#271 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

oh look, you don't like something, so it should be gotten rid of. how cute.

I am not the only one - there is a whole thread about this thread elsewhere.

#272 2 years ago

That does not make it better, it just reinforces the point. "Wah, I/we don't like it, make it go away." everyone is free to have their opinions, not just the ones that are approved by the listener or reader.

#273 2 years ago

You sure can see who has a sense of humor and who can’t detect when someone is being facetious.

1820F801-3A50-4CF9-98F2-FA70B7E06734 (resized).jpeg1820F801-3A50-4CF9-98F2-FA70B7E06734 (resized).jpeg
#274 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Soft bigotry of low expectations.

its funny how some people post their thoughts and opinions, and how some people just throw out harsh words in nebulous terms at those who have taken time to think and write their comments.

I bet you're the guy who just screams at people nasty names and buzzwords whenever they disagree. Do you routinely call people "fascist," "nazi," "racist," or "pig," when you disagree with them? Would you prefer that those who may not align with you just not speak at all, or better yet, have their expression prohibited and censored by platforms and admins?

Your approach is not dialogue, it is empty insults. Try taking the more meaningful and mature approach by thinking, writing, and then becoming part of the dialogue.

You'll notice that I have no nasty names, attacks on your character or insults to offer you, or anyone else, because I'm not 7 years old.

#275 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I understand the joke, but I would think twice about making jokes like that about other peoples' kids.

I would think twice about posting very random, and very weird photos of people’s kids, without their knowledge at that! It would be like capping photos from a security camera at Pintastic and saying “look how many women are involved in pinball!”
Some people are so weird. They rabidly defend people without having any clue who they are or how they act. DuckDuckGo is your friend.

Where, on Reddit? A true bastion of “tolerance” where they had extremely racist and outrageous subreddits for years and years...

The title is shock value to get you engaged in the topic. If you read the first post it is an earnest question, and we’ve all pointed out the real answer which is “low number of female/lady players therefore a low sample size”

Funny how all these holier-than-thou people are speaking the most vitriol and hate on behalf of the “marginalized group”

#276 2 years ago

oh the righteous indignance!

#277 2 years ago

there is a whole thread about this thread elsewhere.

You can't say this and then not give us the link ...

DuckDuckGo is your friend.

Huh?

#278 2 years ago

Quite hypocritical of Wu to try and speak on behalf of all women and declare what women can and cannot enjoy.
Equally strange how outing Wu's history of scamming people out of hundreds of thousands of dollars on Kickstarter and other platforms is being "mad".
In the same way that Magic Girl and RAZA was a massive scam that blew outrageous amounts of money. Wu's game also blew outrageous amounts of money while still having game-breaking bugs that make it unplayable and somehow it justified a massive quarter of a million dollar budget. These toxic scammers are bad news. Were you a Jpop defender?

Yep, she's nuts.

#279 2 years ago

Facebook - popular pinball streamer was talking about it.

Personally you can think, say and do whatever you want.
We need more women and pinball and these types of post aren't bringing them.

#280 2 years ago

Quite hypocritical of Wu to try and speak on behalf of all women and declare what women can and cannot enjoy.
Equally strange how outing Wu's history of scamming people out of hundreds of thousands of dollars on Kickstarter and other platforms is being "mad".
In the same way that Magic Girl and RAZA was a massive scam that blew outrageous amounts of money. Wu's game also blew outrageous amounts of money while still having game-breaking bugs that make it unplayable and somehow it justified a massive quarter of a million dollar budget. These toxic scammers are bad news. Were you a Jpop defender?

I guess then attack the Kickstarter thing (which has nothing to do with this topic) rather than shout her down for speaking her experience as a woman. No person is all good or all bad. I missed the part where she declared what all women can and cannot enjoy, only that she said it's not welcoming.

#281 2 years ago

I had a girlfriend once who was into guy stuff that I wasn't, like rebuilding car engines in her living room. It was weird.

Just like it's weird when women are into banging balls around inside a giant toy. More of a guy thing.

Nothing wrong with weird, though! Weird is great! But it is folly to wonder why more women don't like rebuilding engines, or playing pinball. Even moreso when you involve words like "better."

Why are little old ladies better at knitting than everyone else? I better go find a knitting forum to ask that...

There are 281 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-are-men-better-than-women-at-pinball-your-opinion-with-poll-/page/6?hl=jfre81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.