Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor (2).gif
#1 4 years ago

When putting my new machine upstairs, I had assumed that Dialed In was going to weigh similar to any other Williams machine that I've owned and moved around, but holy crap, that was a beast to get up 13 steps. I later looked it up and I saw a weight listing of 370# for Dialed in, compared to 250# for White Water. What in there is weighing an extra 120#?

I don't think my neighbor is going to want to help me anymore. At least I give him free beer all the time.

#2 4 years ago

27 inch monitor, for starters.

#3 4 years ago

There’s more in them including thicker / higher quality parts. Items such as the LCD monitor, PC, and shaker motor also add to the games weight.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

When putting my new machine upstairs, I had assumed that Dialed In was going to weigh similar to any other Williams machine that I've owned and moved around, but holy crap, that was a beast to get up 13 steps. I later looked it up and I saw a weight listing of 370# for Dialed in, compared to 250# for White Water. What in there is weighing an extra 120#?
I don't think my neighbor is going to want to help me anymore. At least I give him free beer all the time.

Feel lucky it wasn’t a WOZ, my relatives still hate me !

#5 4 years ago

I noticed cgc game heavier than stern too. But I dont see any probs with the sterns we have so not too worried

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Feel lucky it wasn’t a WOZ, my relatives still hate me !

DI is WAY heavier than WOZ - like 50 pounds heavier. But WOZ is very unwieldy. Even Hobbit is 250 pounds or so. POTC? Forget it, I’m taking it apart.

#7 4 years ago

The cabinet is also a higher density particle board with a plastic coating that weighs way, way more than regular plywood.

#8 4 years ago

Just more incentive to keep it!

#9 4 years ago

LOL,

I am selling Hobbit and POTC with the house.

#10 4 years ago

Is this a trick question?

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

27 inch monitor, for starters.

27" LCD doesn't weigh any more than the light panel it replaced from WPC games. Now, if it was a CRT...

Extra weight likely from better/thicker cab materials, few more assemblies on the playfield and a bit more power-related hardware. I think 375 is an exaggeration for DI as well, probably more like 325.

#12 4 years ago

Because they weigh a lot?

tenor (2).giftenor (2).gif
#13 4 years ago

Dialed in isn't moving until I have to move to a new house, and even then it'll be going in a basement. Gravity does all the vertical movement from here out.

#14 4 years ago

What are stairs?
I bought a house with a walk out basement just for this reason and never regretted it, trust me!!

John

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

What are stairs?
I bought a house with a walk out basement just for this reason and never regretted it, trust me!!
John

Right on brother!

#16 4 years ago

Basement that walks out to the garage is in the plans. 48" wide treads, and 10' ceilings and 3000 sqft of pin storage.

#17 4 years ago

higher BOM higher WOM

#18 4 years ago

JJP games are heavier because they're filled with tasty goodness. Fortified with all the essential vitamins and minerals a growing pinhead will need.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

17,250 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-are-jjp-machines-so-heavy?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.