(Topic ID: 260542)

Why are folks selling their Medieval Madness?

By Vino

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TimBoch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1B4C4D50-B4BE-4643-939D-00E54D3D4687 (resized).jpeg
EBBED393-ACB4-4D97-A1C7-A803210E4CCC (resized).jpeg
A5B4A9AE-C663-442F-9445-FBDC8A62DFA4 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

Maybe it’s just a coincidence, but seems like quite a few MM and MMrs are up for sale than usual.

Curious to hear why some are choosing to cash in their kingdom in 2020?

#2 4 years ago

Get one of the new ones with added features like big screen and RGB lighting. And topper on the Royal.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago

A royale with cheese

#4 4 years ago

When this was announced I was under impression the existing remakes could be upgraded with these extras added? Did I miss something?

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

When this was announced I was under impression the existing remakes could be upgraded with these extras added? Did I miss something?

You're correct. The MMR can be upgraded.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

You're correct. The MMR can be upgraded.

Thanks. I didn’t understand why existing owners would sell to repurchase when they could simply upgrade.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Yes they can. Scroll down to the bottom for kits and prices.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I didn’t understand why existing owners would sell to repurchase when they could simply upgrade.

Not everybody is technically inclined. And may want to go the ready to play route. Rather than upgrade.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not everybody is technically inclined. And may want to go the ready to play route. Rather than upgrade.

Thanks Lloyd.
Seems like quite a hit to sell and pay tax/ship back out again but understand.

#11 4 years ago

So many new pins coming out.. unfortunately people are out of room and things have to go. And bc new pins are so expensive now people sell off expensive pins to cover the cost which mm is. Mm is a good game but most people have played the crap out of it by now and there are some great new pins out.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Maybe it’s just a coincidence, but seems like quite a few MM and MMrs are up for sale than usual.
Curious to hear why some are choosing to cash in their kingdom in 2020?

Because it went from being hard to find to a dime a dozen. Still a great game but after owning 2 originals there are plenty of other games I would rather own including AFM.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Why are folks selling their Medieval Madness?

Because they've discovered that it's a good game, but overrated.

Quoted from BoJo:

Because it went from being hard to find to a dime a dozen. Still a great game but after owning 2 originals there are plenty of other games I would rather own including AFM.

I've never owned one, but I've played it plenty of times and I agree - there are lots of other games I'd rather own.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Because they've discovered that it's a good game, but overrated.

I've never owned one, but I've played it plenty of times and I agree - there are lots of other games I'd rather own.

Yep .. much better stuff now for home environments.

#15 4 years ago

Because they realize it's a grind to earn points and would rather have something funnier in their lineup

#16 4 years ago

I traded my MMrLE for a MBrLE and I ordered a Royal. For us it was we had always wanted a new game, and this is our all time favorite. It was either we buy a new MBrLE or new Royal. We decided this was the easiest way to get both of the games we wanted. I cannot speak for others. I could have upgraded, and found a NIB MBrLE, but it literally comes out to the same money. I figured the Royal would hold it's value more so then a upgraded LE. Your logic may vary, but that it what worked for us.

4 months later
#17 3 years ago

If anyone is selling (or knows of someone selling) a SE or RE drop me a PM, thanks.

#18 3 years ago

Only way to get sellers regret is to make the mistake and sell a worthy title . You see sellers regret in many posts on all kinds of products. . MM not my favorite pinball but a good table . My sellers regrets automotive. 1966 Olds 442 with factory tripower or my 1969 AMX . I do not expect consolation as I whine over my loss.

Enjoy the day ! Shane

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from bepositive:

Only way to get sellers regret is to make the mistake and sell a worthy title . You see sellers regret in many posts on all kinds of products. . MM not my favorite pinball but a good table . My sellers regrets automotive. 1966 Olds 442 with factory tripower or my 1969 AMX . I do not expect consolation as I whine over my loss.
Enjoy the day ! Shane

Thankfully I have no regrets as I will never sell my 1960 Pontiac. She is the only thing I love after all. My MMrSE is my only NIB machine and I have no plans to ever sell it either.

A5B4A9AE-C663-442F-9445-FBDC8A62DFA4 (resized).jpegA5B4A9AE-C663-442F-9445-FBDC8A62DFA4 (resized).jpegEBBED393-ACB4-4D97-A1C7-A803210E4CCC (resized).jpegEBBED393-ACB4-4D97-A1C7-A803210E4CCC (resized).jpeg
#20 3 years ago

Never say ‘never’ !

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Never say ‘never’ !

I bought here when I was 19 in 1986. She will be here after I’m gone and probably will still not be restored.
1B4C4D50-B4BE-4643-939D-00E54D3D4687 (resized).jpeg1B4C4D50-B4BE-4643-939D-00E54D3D4687 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-are-folks-selling-their-medieval-madness?hl=stupidjackpot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.