Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Amazing-Tail-Featured-Image_filtered-610x400 (resized).jpg
    dumb-and-dumber (resized).jpg
    E141124F-754B-47C1-836F-86816A369E7F (resized).jpeg
    BADE49C0-9AFB-4021-AF9B-87715A9951EA (resized).jpeg
    FE8B4ECC-6CFE-49E7-BF31-E432B3F5F9F9 (resized).jpeg
    20E81FF2-A9C3-4C3C-BB92-E1CCDB9163D6 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20190527-182652_Reddit (resized).jpg
    Paper towels (resized).jpg
    B1A1L1L1Y (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190525_061747 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1014 (resized).JPG
    Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 10.02.00 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 10.03.46 AM (resized).png
    IMG_1012 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1018 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#182 4 years ago

So political discussion is ok here if it means shitting all over working people and the ONLY thing left in the world keeping greedy corporate dipshits in any way accountable?

Got it.

30,000 stop and shop workers in New England disagree with your ludicrous accounts, Marvin. Last month they stopped a foreign corporation that makes billions in profits a year from screwing them and their families, and its awesome. Just because you have zero power in your own working life and zero allies is no excuse for such toxic jealousy.

2 weeks later
    #196 4 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Here’s one that pisses me off.
    Before the gas stations would be self serve or full serve. You’d pay a couple cents more to have an employee pump the gas for you or you could pump it yourself and save a bit.
    Now they have pay at the pump, there’s no human interaction I pump the gas and pay for the transaction without the need for an employee, but is the gas cheaper if you pay at the pump? Nope. We went from self service to no service

Yeah, my life has a gigantic void in it now that my interaction with gas station attendants has mostly faded away.

What will they take from us next?!?!?!

#201 4 years ago

You don't need to watch a 45 minute video, all of this info came out in the press months ago when the accident happened.

737 should have been put to pasture 20 years ago but Boeing's been cutting corners to avoid designing a new plane that suits the same market. Great move guys!

#206 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I disagree. The old 737 is a proven platform. Reliable.

Yes it's reliable. So was the 727 and the DC-8 but they don't make those any more, do they? There's many good reasons they don't make those planes any more despite their reliability and value at the time of production.

The 737 has been obsolete for decades but instead of designing a brand new plane to compete with the likes of Airbus, they've kept the 737 on life support to save time, money, and the expensive and time-consuming need to retrain all pilots to fly it. Every change necessitates other changes, and the latest round of changes required the implementation of the new MCAS equipment/software which has you terrified of ever flying on a 737 Max again. And it's not like they can just remove the MCAS - it's there for a reason, namely that the new design characteristics of this plane necessitated a new safety system because of the altered dynamics.

Over-extending the operational life of a plane originally designed starting in 1964 to compete with much better (and newer) European platforms is a pretty good example of the typical American business arrogance and corner-cutting that really torques you off, no?

#210 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Levi, I stand corrected. You make many good points.

Boooooom!!

Is this the first time anybody’s mind has ever been changed on pinside?!

I think we both deserve a medal.

Here’s some good reading on the 737 and it’s long history:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/08/business/boeing-737-max-.html

3 weeks later
    #215 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Kansas has strange liquor laws. Grocery stores can only sell beer with an alcohol content of 3.2%. Liquor stores get the sell the good ass kicking beer with a 6.0% alcohol content. But the liquor stores can not sell soda for mixers. So, if you are serious about your alcohol, you bought your beer and booze at the liquor store and then drove across the street to the grocery store and walked past the 3.2 beer as you picked up a 6 pack of 7 UP to mix with your shot of Jack.
    Now the law has changed. Grocery stores can sell the good stuff and the liquor stores can now sell 7 UP. Nobody wants to buy 3.2 so it is gone.
    In Texas and Nebraska, Walmart sells any kind of booze you can buy. It has sort of killed off the liquor stores there. I mean, you can stop at Walmart and buy your weenies and buns and barbecue stuff for a party. And you can also pick up all your booze, as well. No need to bother with going out of your way to the liquor store.
    The mom and pop liquor stores have been fighting this law for years. This year, they finally lost the battle.

If you are serious about your alcohol, you don’t need mixer!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-american-business-torques-me-off-?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.