Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Amazing-Tail-Featured-Image_filtered-610x400 (resized).jpg
    dumb-and-dumber (resized).jpg
    E141124F-754B-47C1-836F-86816A369E7F (resized).jpeg
    BADE49C0-9AFB-4021-AF9B-87715A9951EA (resized).jpeg
    FE8B4ECC-6CFE-49E7-BF31-E432B3F5F9F9 (resized).jpeg
    20E81FF2-A9C3-4C3C-BB92-E1CCDB9163D6 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20190527-182652_Reddit (resized).jpg
    Paper towels (resized).jpg
    B1A1L1L1Y (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190525_061747 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1014 (resized).JPG
    Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 10.02.00 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 10.03.46 AM (resized).png
    IMG_1012 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1018 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Marvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#102 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

My wife reads every label, there is so much poison in the food in the US. Its very difficult to avoid it anymore. Unfortunately everything in the US is a business with very little regard for the end user. For me it is too late, I grew up eating this crap but what we do now is for our kids (and the hope that I actually outlive my parents).

so much poison, thats why were all dead.

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

REALLY?
    [quoted image]

these might not be the same size to begin with. the smaller one could be a single serving bag thats was increased in size. The lager a multiple use bag.

#161 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Went several months without contract a few years ago. I'm personally willing to vote against this garbage and vote yes for a strike, and my work center has voted for authorizing strikes before.
    *edit* Just so there's some laughable comparison points here because I don't want someone to go "Wow, a 3% raise is pretty good!" Sure...if you make 100k/year.. but I make less hourly than I can make DONATING PLASMA. Sure, I can't be bled dry for 40 hours a week, but if I could, I'd make more money doing that in take home pay. And that will still be the case after 4 years of stacking 3% raises. And you wouldn't believe the absurd breadth of things I need to know and understand to do my job effectively. It's changed massively in the 10 years I've been here, that's why our current pay is a joke. Even I would've said 5 years ago that my job was too easy for what I got paid, but not anymore. The amount of specialized skills that can't be trained for and information needed to know and retain has easily increased tenfold if not more since then, and pay has not kept up at all.

Wah wah, quit whining quit unions, get paid what you are worth

#166 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Not sure if trolling, just a moron, or you actually have some kind of legit point to make that requires explanation.
    *edited a few times. Trying to not be a total a-hole and leave some room for discussion if there's an actual point other than calling me a whiner, as much as I doubt it.*

You went several months without a contact because you weren't happy with your pay, if you don't like your pay get another job. Get paid based on your worth, not some unions contact that dictates pay levels regardless of actual merit, plus you'd save giving the "leaders" big fat checks. Unions had a place before govt work reforms and regulations. Now they are just archaic syndicates that cause costs to skyrocket for no benefit.

#171 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

There are good reasons I've chosen to remain at this job, none of which, frankly, are any of your business. I will not validate my choices through some random anon.

Did I miss the part where I asked for your reasons? Frankly I could not care less why you chose to deal with union crap. It's your choice, but if you chose to be in it and support it's B's, then I don't feel bad when you get screwed by it. People who want unions are generally the people who run the unions, and bad workers who will get protected by them. They screw the actual good workers.

#175 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

No self respecting CEO, COO, or CFO will work without legal representation and contracts which include mega-golden parachutes no matter how much they ran the company into to the ground.
    But you expect the lower level employees to work without any kind of representation and with at-will agreements.
    You should reconsider.

Get legal representation and a contact, go for it, great idea. you know what those CEOs don't have with those contracts, unions. They know better.

#179 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Or...they don't need them because they're the ones making the rules. Duh. I wish I had just left my original post, seems I was correct....but not going to worry about that anymore. Byeeeeee!

They make the rules since they worked their way to that position. They didn't have a union preventing them from getting there.

1 month later
    #219 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Kansas has strange liquor laws. Grocery stores can only sell beer with an alcohol content of 3.2%. Liquor stores get the sell the good ass kicking beer with a 6.0% alcohol content. But the liquor stores can not sell soda for mixers. So, if you are serious about your alcohol, you bought your beer and booze at the liquor store and then drove across the street to the grocery store and walked past the 3.2 beer as you picked up a 6 pack of 7 UP to mix with your shot of Jack.
    Now the law has changed. Grocery stores can sell the good stuff and the liquor stores can now sell 7 UP. Nobody wants to buy 3.2 so it is gone.
    In Texas and Nebraska, Walmart sells any kind of booze you can buy. It has sort of killed off the liquor stores there. I mean, you can stop at Walmart and buy your weenies and buns and barbecue stuff for a party. And you can also pick up all your booze, as well. No need to bother with going out of your way to the liquor store.
    The mom and pop liquor stores have been fighting this law for years. This year, they finally lost the battle.

Right over his head, LTG. I hope he enjoyed the breeze at least.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Marvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-american-business-torques-me-off-?tu=Marvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.