Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Amazing-Tail-Featured-Image_filtered-610x400 (resized).jpg
    dumb-and-dumber (resized).jpg
    E141124F-754B-47C1-836F-86816A369E7F (resized).jpeg
    BADE49C0-9AFB-4021-AF9B-87715A9951EA (resized).jpeg
    FE8B4ECC-6CFE-49E7-BF31-E432B3F5F9F9 (resized).jpeg
    20E81FF2-A9C3-4C3C-BB92-E1CCDB9163D6 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20190527-182652_Reddit (resized).jpg
    Paper towels (resized).jpg
    B1A1L1L1Y (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190525_061747 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1014 (resized).JPG
    Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 10.02.00 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 10.03.46 AM (resized).png
    IMG_1012 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1018 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DS_Nadine.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I hate it when a company tries to make me for a fool. What follows is why I don't trust American business. I don't trust any businessman for as far as I can throw him. He has to prove himself.
    Check out this bottle of bleach. Read the label. For $2.67 cents you get 3.78 quarts, or 121 oz, or 3.57 L. What you are not getting is one full U.S. Gallon. Got that burned in? Let's go to the next pic.
    [quoted image]
    Here is a whole shelf of the same bleach. Plus there is a different bottle on the shelf, too. Just to look at these two bottles of bleach sitting side by side you might think the bottles are the same size. I'll answer your question: They are not the same size. But they sure do look like the same size, don't they? Lets go to pic #3
    [quoted image]
    This pic with both bottle side by side shows that:
    1) the blue label is concentrated and Whitens, Disinfects and Deodorizes.
    2) the green label is a cleaning bleach that kills mole and mildew. It Cleans, Disinfects, and Deodorizes.
    And they both kill 99.9% of common household germs.
    But let's look at something else in pic #4
    [quoted image]
    Check out the label. Both bottles are of the same 6.0% concentrate of Sodium Hypochlorite. SH is the active ingredient. It is the stuff that you smell. It is the stuff that will burn holes in your clothes. Other ingredients make up 94% of the product. This other product is water. You know. Water. The same stuff that comes from your kitchen faucet.
    [quoted image]
    Here is another pic of the green bottle. You should notice two things.
    1) The price is only $1.77 per container.
    2) The container is larger. The green label is a full US gallon. And for less money. But most people will not pay attention.
    [quoted image]
    This one is on Walmart since both bottles Great Value branded.
    God bless America.

ONE Thing that IS typical american (from my point of view) is these large containers (and that shitload of packaging garbage).

You could shrink it down by 94% if you just remove the water, loose no effectiveness, have less packaging, protect the Environment and have way less weight to carry home... but it "Looks to be a better deal this way" if you put a litte bottle of concentrate next to it.

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I boycott walmart.
    They pay some of the lowest wages for retail workers.
    They are non union across the board, affecting safety in several areas including bad record of fork lift accidents and big rigs.
    They buy bulk subpar products, cheaper to offer returns than buy good merchandise.
    They are a classless operation towards emplyee's and there health benefits are only for full time employee's.
    There so much more, I will stop.
    They suck.

Wall Mart opened in Germany, wanted to gain a market share and ruining competition by selling goods underprice at a loss...

...wich was quickly forbidden...

...so they closed down again countrywide pretty fast.

(Not sure if not an urban legend but so the story goes. Fact is they closed doors pretty fast.)

#85 4 years ago

Why the **** am I writing here?

Not much going on at the moment, is it? XD

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

And yet Amazon.de exists?

Do/ did they sell underprice?

They were way more competitive when they were new in the business, that's true.
    Nowadays I first look elsewhere because Amazon has gotten pretty expensive.
    You're not automatically getting a mostly good deal anymore.

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from RipleYYY:

its just the same everywhere... what would it be different somewhere else ?
    as said above, more than often, i see promotional "family pack" or "economy pack", which are greater than the "normal" pack (at higher price of course)
    and when you simply calculate the price for 1 unit, the normal pack is cheaper than the promotional one...
    people are intellectually lazy (me included), most of the time we dont think further because of X excuses
    welcome to our capitalist society

Since a couple of years stores here are obliged to additionally write down the price by weight/ volume/ item. So if you're in front of a couple of different sized items of the same type you still get wich is the cheapest.

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Americans buy a lot of shit since they base their purchases solely on price.

Well... Looking at our hobby, definately not the people around here.

(We're a classy bunch.)

#140 4 years ago

You now you could just use vinegar and have the same effect while being way more environmental friendly.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DS_Nadine.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-american-business-torques-me-off-?tu=DS_Nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.