64 days ago

Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 35 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Amazing-Tail-Featured-Image_filtered-610x400 (resized).jpg
    dumb-and-dumber (resized).jpg
    E141124F-754B-47C1-836F-86816A369E7F (resized).jpeg
    BADE49C0-9AFB-4021-AF9B-87715A9951EA (resized).jpeg
    FE8B4ECC-6CFE-49E7-BF31-E432B3F5F9F9 (resized).jpeg
    20E81FF2-A9C3-4C3C-BB92-E1CCDB9163D6 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20190527-182652_Reddit (resized).jpg
    Paper towels (resized).jpg
    B1A1L1L1Y (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190525_061747 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1014 (resized).JPG
    Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 10.02.00 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 10.03.46 AM (resized).png
    IMG_1012 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1018 (resized).JPG

There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 61 days ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I was pissed when every beer I drank suddenly dropped from a 12oz bottle to one that was 11.2oz. Now I'm finding that the packing is so poor, you're lucky to get the damn thing in the house before the handles rip off.

This. This is how revolutions get started.

#102 61 days ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

My wife reads every label, there is so much poison in the food in the US. Its very difficult to avoid it anymore. Unfortunately everything in the US is a business with very little regard for the end user. For me it is too late, I grew up eating this crap but what we do now is for our kids (and the hope that I actually outlive my parents).

so much poison, thats why were all dead.

#103 61 days ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

And what's one of the main reasons that companies become more profitable and their shares rise? Shedding employees and holding wages/benefits down.

I don't agree with this business model at all. My previous employer has been 'shedding' employees for the last 4-5 years. They just 'shedded' about 7000 employees in the first quarter this year while the CEO accepted a $3 million dollar raise to $29 million and another XO got a 68% raise to $16 million. I figure ONE paycheck for the CEO paid my salary for 10 years.

These are the same two that put the company in the position where it needed to 'shed' employees and debt in the first place, and they get rewarded with MORE money???

#104 61 days ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

These are the same two that put the company in the position where it needed to 'shed' employees and debt in the first place, and they get rewarded with MORE money???

FoMoCo ?

Yep 'cause Wall street likes the result. Makes NO cents.

#105 61 days ago

REALLY?

pasted_image (resized).png
    #106 61 days ago

Here is one that a mechanic spotted at work on Friday. Does it contain lanolin or not?
    20190520_085054 (resized).jpg
    The main label states Lanolin, the little sticker on top states no lanolin?

#107 61 days ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Here is one that a mechanic spotted at work on Friday. Does it contain lanolin or not?
    [quoted image]
    The main label states Lanolin, the little sticker on top states no lanolin?

Americans buy a lot of shit since they base their purchases solely on price.

#108 61 days ago

I worked in a major regional spring water plant one summer when I was in college. We would run their house brand genuine spring water, which sold for 59 cents a gallon most often. Then about once a week, we would pause the line for about five minutes. We swapped rolls of labels, dumped the blue caps out of the hopper and put green ones in. The "Green Park" brand of water was sold to Foo Foo folks in the Washington DC and NoVA for $3 a gallon.

#109 61 days ago
    Quoted from Travish:

I partially blame all the food stamp scammers. If everything is free (except to taxpayers) it doesn't matter what it costs. The supply and demand chain is broken at that point. What incentive does say beef producers have to compete and lower costs?
    The result is I can't afford it and I look over and see 3 whole heaping baskets full of "free" steak and expensive food getting loaded in a new escalade. (True story by the way).

Never mind.

#110 61 days ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:SNAP spends 2% of annual Federal budget on Children, Women, Seniors, and disabled. They receive an average of $125.40 a month. This goes out to 44 Million people.
    One Person can earn as AGI , $15,684 annually and may qualify.
    It is not contingent on wealth, and of course wealth can be held by a different legal entity.
    Yes, there is Fraud, estimated at 600 Million. Approx. 2 days of War Budget.
    So, if you can imagine, on ones tax return, you dont pay any Taxes, you could qualify LEGALLY for food stamps.
    (Data not crossed checked by years, +/- 5 years)

Thank you. Complainers should bless their lucky stars that they can pay taxes. And don’t need to rely on free food to feed their families.

#111 61 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:How the hell did they get together to begin with ?
    LTG : )
    Disclaimer : Something I ask myself daily in tech support.
    [quoted image]

It’s case by case, of course. For example, Donald Trump inherited it. And has proceeded to lose over a billion dollars.

#112 61 days ago

Since 13th century England, people would "clip" silver and gold coins.. and over time enough clippings could be melted down and sold. I'm sure in the stone age someone chipped off a piece of a rock currency before passing it on. It's not "American" businesses, put enough humans together, a group of them will act like shitheads.

#113 61 days ago
    Quoted from pinengineer77:

...Before you get too mad at the shareholders you often have to look in the mirror. Most americans are shareholders somehow_ through pension funds, 401Ks or other investments.

“Most” Americans suggests, to me, a large majority of Americans. When in fact barely over 50% of Americans are in the stock market. That is pathetic for a world leader who prides itself on being the greatest country in the world (while shopping at bulk stores stocked with cheap Chinese goods). I read that a larger percentage of Americans - in the 60+% range - owned stock before the Great Depression. Almost 100 years ago!

And of course, 97% of the real spoils of the world go to a tiny, microscopic fraction of the population that wouldn’t be caught dead talking pinball here. So, if it’s all the same to you, I’ll blame them.

#114 61 days ago
    Quoted from knockerlover:

put enough humans together, a group of them will act like shitheads.

I cant believe how True this is!

Honesty in business, is another story. Not sure where that is headed.

Gosh I have seen/heard so much Bribery, Prostitution, and Drugs to get a deal done
    in the last 40 years....I now hear, it is a lot worse...

#115 61 days ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

“Most” Americans suggests, to me, a large majority of Americans. When in fact barely over 50% of Americans are in the stock market. That is pathetic for a world leader who prides itself on being the greatest country in the world (while shopping at bulk stores stocked with cheap Chinese goods). I read that a larger percentage of Americans - in the 60+% range - owned stock before the Great Depression. Almost 100 years ago!
    And of course, 97% of the real spoils of the world go to a tiny, microscopic fraction of the population that wouldn’t be caught dead talking pinball here. So, if it’s all the same to you, I’ll blame them.

Just a cut and paste....Before 2008, 62% of Americans owned stock.

Like income and wealth, stock ownership is heavily concentrated in the uppermost echelons of the economy. The bottom 60 percent of households combined own just 1.8 percent of American stock. The top 1 percent, by contrast, owns over 40 percent of the country's stock, up from 34 percent in 2001.Dec 18, 2017

#116 61 days ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Like income and wealth, stock ownership is heavily concentrated in the uppermost echelons of the economy. The bottom 60 percent of households combined own just 1.8 percent of American stock. The top 1 percent, by contrast, owns over 40 percent of the country's stock, up from 34 percent in 2001.Dec 18, 2017

This is just one of the many reasons a decent education is so important.

#117 61 days ago

Thank you. Complainers should bless their lucky stars that they can pay taxes. And don’t need to rely on free food to feed their families.

Absolutely, I have no issue at all for people who need help. Single mothers (without 10 kids), elderly, sick, hit hard times. It's the scammers ($400 baskets loaded in escalades) who keep the actual needy from getting assistance that bug me.

#118 61 days ago

Since 13th century England, people would "clip" silver and gold coins.. and over time enough clippings could be melted down and sold. I'm sure in the stone age someone chipped off a piece of a rock currency before passing it on. It's not "American" businesses, put enough humans together, a group of them will act like shitheads.

This is why American silver and gold coins have/had ridges along the sides. This was to keep people from filing a little bit off of the edges.

#119 61 days ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Absolutely, I have no issue at all for people who need help. Single mothers (without 10 kids), elderly, sick, hit hard times. It's the scammers ($400 baskets loaded in escalades) who keep the actual needy from getting assistance that bug me.

Some of those single moms were housewives with a family with 4 or 5 kids and then her husband died.

Don’t tar them all with the same brush.

#120 61 days ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

This is why American silver and gold coins have/had ridges along the sides. This was to keep people from filing a little bit off of the edges.

Right, just saying.. this type of activity had been going on a long time..

#121 61 days ago

Let's look at a key contributing factor - most companies are publicly traded and their shareholders demand increased profits each year. Profits are increased by increasing sales or lowering costs. Raising prices often has the effect of lower sales - so lowering cost is often a focus. How do you lower costs? You either lower the quality or you lower the amount of product you supply for the same price. Or lower both.
    Before you get too mad at the shareholders you often have to look in the mirror. Most americans are shareholders somehow_ through pension funds, 401Ks or other investments.
    One side effect of all of this is that the quality of many new products is less than the products they are replacing. Glad to hear Stern is actually improving cabinet quality - wish more companies would see that their customers would be willing to pay a bit more for improved quality.

You are absolutely correct. Companies are slave to the share holders at this point. If you want to grow you need invertor confidence and that comes through showing profit.

#122 61 days ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I thought the ridges on the edge were so you could use them as files.

#123 61 days ago

IMG_20180912_125002 (resized).jpg
    #124 61 days ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Well... Looking at our hobby, definately not the people around here.

(We're a classy bunch.)

#125 60 days ago
    Quoted from Travish:

I partially blame all the food stamp scammers. If everything is free (except to taxpayers) it doesn't matter what it costs. The supply and demand chain is broken at that point. What incentive does say beef producers have to compete and lower costs?
    The result is I can't afford it and I look over and see 3 whole heaping baskets full of "free" steak and expensive food getting loaded in a new escalade. (True story by the way).

Witnessed this a couple times at Aldi. 2 full grocery carts!! Loaded up in fancy Cadillac....

#126 60 days ago

a-person-is-smart-people-are-dumb-panicky-dangerous-animals-11754867 (resized).png
    #127 60 days ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I worked in a major regional spring water plant one summer when I was in college. We would run their house brand genuine spring water, which sold for 59 cents a gallon most often. Then about once a week, we would pause the line for about five minutes. We swapped rolls of labels, dumped the blue caps out of the hopper and put green ones in. The "Green Park" brand of water was sold to Foo Foo folks in the Washington DC and NoVA for $3 a gallon.

Happens all the time. I worked for 4 years at a dog and cat food plant. Regularly you would fill a couple different packages with the same product.

#128 60 days ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

So, if the top most rich people are owning the most stock and demanding the most profit. Then One could conclude that the rich are ruining the country by driving down quality (be it in manufacturing or in the final product) and forcing inflation.

Personally I don’t base my life around money. I live well enough and don’t need to rip of anyone to get a little more.

#129 60 days ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

So, if the top most rich people are owning the most stock and demanding the most profit. Then One could conclude that the rich are ruining the country by driving down quality (be it in manufacturing or in the final product) and forcing inflation.
    Personally I don’t base my life around money. I live well enough and don’t need to rip of anyone to get a little more.

The rich don't care about quality, they just care about profit margins.

#130 60 days ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Quoted from dothedoo:

The rich don't care about quality, they just care about profit margins.

Opposing views that seem to perpetuate the same outcome?

#131 60 days ago

Yes "most" is greater than 50% .

Do you have a pension? 13% of Americans are covered by some pension fund - and that pension fund is demanding higher profits from every company stock that fund holds.

Do you have a 401K? ~50% of Americans participate in a 401K plan - and the fund managers of those plans are also demanding higher profits from the company stock they hold.

Just pointing out that most of us regular / average Americans own at least a fraction of a share of a public company.

And then there are the rich 1.4% which hold much of the true wealth in this country, likely not the folks hanging out here with us .

My point is that the world financial system is built in a way that forces continual cost cutting and methods of increasing profit. Public companies don't have a choice - the only way they can increase return for investors is to increase sales (tough if you sell bleach - how do you get more people to buy your brand when it is a commodity), decrease cost (decrease the quality, lay people off to lower your overhead or decrease the amount you deliver for the same price).

Decreasing the amount is a double bonus for companies - it costs companies less to ship (and manufacture) a "gallon" with only 96 ounces of liquid and the consumer will actually buy more of it_ because that "gallon" will be empty sooner.

As a consumer I hate the reduced quality and quantity of products. I try to buy American whenever possible, but that is more challenging each year. And I don't enjoy the fear of being laid off at any time. I also agree that income inequality is an enormous problem in this country - just trying to bring more perspective into the "why" we are where we are...

#132 59 days ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

REALLY?
    [quoted image]

these might not be the same size to begin with. the smaller one could be a single serving bag thats was increased in size. The lager a multiple use bag.

#133 59 days ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Check out the label. Both bottles are of the same 6.0% concentrate of Sodium Hypochlorite.

The real question is, do they taste the same?

#134 59 days ago

My point is that the world financial system is built in a way that forces continual cost cutting and methods of increasing profit. Public companies don't have a choice - the only way they can increase return for investors is to increase sales (tough if you sell bleach - how do you get more people to buy your brand when it is a commodity), decrease cost (decrease the quality, lay people off to lower your overhead or decrease the amount you deliver for the same price).

You bring up some excellent points. The only three reasons to buy stock in a publicly traded company are:

1) that it is a young company in a new industry that is growing and you get a share of that growth. (Computers: Microsoft-1986, Apple-1980 ).

2) A company that has found a new way to do business and crush the competition ( Amazon).

3) A mature company in a mature industry that pays dividends, even if it has to borrow money and take on debt to pay you that dividend.
    ( Railroads. Breakfast cereal. Razor blades. Car tires. ). Apple's growth phase has past and it now pays dividends.

The pressure for a public company to grow, or pay dividends, has to be enormous. And sometimes/ many times the customer get lost in that shuffle of raising prices and smaller packaging. The company may tell you that you are its most important asset---right before it lays you off. Layoffs are good for the company's stock price. ABC announces 1000 layoffs; ABC stock was up 2% on the news. ABC CEO gets year end bonus of $6 million for company performance.

Some companies even resort to (Oh, bite my tongue for even thinking this) cheating.

Witness Beech-Nut Nutrition in the 1980s .

https://www.nytimes.com/1987/11/14/business/beech-nut-is-fined-2-million-for-sale-of-fake-apple-juice.html

" The Federal indictment, announced a year ago, charged that Beech-Nut and other defendants had intentionally shipped adulterated and misbranded juice to 20 states, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and five foreign countries with the intent to defraud and mislead. The pleas covered acts committed from December 1981 to March 1983.

It said that the product that Beech-Nut had been marketing as 100 percent apple juice was actually made from beet sugar, cane sugar syrup, corn syrup and other ingredients, with little if any apple juice in the mixture. Prosecutors said at the time of the indictment that the bogus apple juice cost about 20 percent less to make than real apple juice."

Beech-Nut is not an isolated case of corporate malfeasance.

More recently, consider GM and its faulty ignition switch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_ignition_switch_recalls

" The company continued to recall more of its cars over the next several months, resulting in nearly 30 million cars worldwide recalled[2] and paid compensation for 124 deaths.[3] The fault had been known to GM for at least a decade prior to the recall being declared."
    ==================================

Cheating the customer is not new. I laugh when the politicians start braying about how we have too many rules and regulations. And how we need to get rid of these regulations that are a drag to the economy. The regulations were put in place for a reason. Sometimes the reasons have been lost to history.

https://www.history.com/news/food-fraud-a-brief-history-of-the-adulteration-of-food

" During the 18th and 19th centuries, as the United States shifted from an agricultural to an industrial economy and urbanization disconnected people from food production, the debasement of food for profit became rampant. Milk was often watered down and colored with chalk or plaster—substances which were also added to bulk up flour...

...In 1902, Dr. Harvey W. Wiley, chief chemist in what is now the Department of Agriculture, organized a group of volunteers to test the effects of ingesting some of the most common food preservatives in use at the time, such as borax, copper sulfate, sulfuric acid and formaldehyde. Known as the Poison Squad, this group of men agreed to eat increasing amounts of each chemical while carefully tracking its impact on their bodies. The shocking reports garnered widespread attention and, in 1906, Congress passed both the Meat Inspection Act and the original Food and Drugs Act, prohibiting the manufacture and interstate shipment of adulterated and misbranded foods and drugs. It wasn’t until 1958, however, that manufacturers were required to conduct the testing necessary to prove a substance’s safety prior to being introduced to the public."

#135 59 days ago
    Quoted from avspin:

It's the shrinking of the product that really gets me. For example yogurt came in a 8oz cup for 50 cents each. One day the price jumps 10% to 55 cents but the contents shrink to 6oz. And that's just one of thousands.
    Big price increase!

Gatorade did this with their "Newly Redesigned Bottle!". It annoyed the piss out of me.

I switched to Powerade.

#136 59 days ago
    Quoted from koen12344:

The real question is, do they taste the same?

Koen12344, that is a great question. Your next assignment for class will be to examine the evidence and present your conclusion to the class. Your answers will be due by Monday next week. This project will represent 20% of your grade for the semester.

Class is dismissed. Have a good weekend.

#137 57 days ago

This is a gallon of milk.

milk.ce_ (resized).jpg

This is a quart of milk. There is no mistake to what you are buying.

imgres (resized).jpg

This is a quart of Evaporust

IMG_1021 (resized).JPG

And this is a gallon of Evaporust

IMG_1018 (resized).JPG

No, I am sorry. I got them mixed up.

This is the gallon of Evaporust

IMG_1021 (resized).JPG

And this is a qt. of Evaporust.

IMG_1018 (resized).JPG

Well now, I'm not sure. I keep getting them mixed up.

It is time for the smell test. And it is all in the packaging.

Amazing ain't it? I'm sure there is no intent to deceive. Maybe.

IMG_1012 (resized).JPG

Here is an ad for 32 oz. of Evaporust at Amazon.

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 10.03.46 AM (resized).png

And here is an ad at Advance Auto Parts for 32 oz. of Evaporust.

Notice anything different?

Like maybe the label on this container looks like the label on the gallon container.

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 10.02.00 AM (resized).png

Now, here is Big Brother and Little Brother.

BB measures 10" tall at the cap by 7" wide by 4" deep.

LB measures 8" tall at the cap by 5" wide by 2" deep.

If these two bottles were proportionate LB would be a little bit shorter and a little bit "fatter".

But the "taller" configuration makes you think you are getting more than you really are. And this is if you
    are buying locally and off the shelf.

I don't really want talk about buying online, but how do you think I wound up with this quart bottle?

I was not paying attention, for sure. And it is my fault, but....

And this qualifies as one of those "screw me once your fault. screw me twice my fault" deals.

It will not happen again. I have been learned !

There are so many deceptive packaging tricks. Snake oil salesmen are still alive and well.

IMG_1014 (resized).JPG

#138 57 days ago

Sorry dude, but not sure what point you are making.

That the packaging is similar, but not really confusing. Or that autozone had the wrong pic on-line. Even though the heading was for 32 ounces.

Looks more like an error than a deceptive practice to me.

#139 57 days ago

The more pertinent question is how much rust does the average person have that they're buying rust remover by the gallon?

#140 57 days ago

You now you could just use vinegar and have the same effect while being way more environmental friendly.

#141 57 days ago

Its called buyer beware. You need to read labels and shop based on price per unit.

Business are not wrong with what they are doing. They have smart marketers that know who to market their product successfully.

#142 57 days ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You now you could just use vinegar and have the same effect while being way more environmental friendly.

I have used vinegar with success on light weight rust. I have also had success using a molasses/ water mix. And i have had success using electrolysis. But I found out for some of the rust removal, Evaporust is hard to beat.

#143 57 days ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I own stock via a 401k, and I'm broke as a joke. But I've also never, ever qualified for government assistance of any kind (unless you count a Homestead Exemption on property taxes as 'aid'). It's just that my job has decent benefits....other than the decreasing pay every year as they increase medical costs at a rate higher than my UNION NEGOTIATED pay 'raises'.

Face it...the entire country is corrupt. You can't even rely on a bloody union to even TRY to fight for you anymore....mine just rolled over and sent us out a contract to approve that says "Hey, we're keeping everything from the last contract, including the one time 1k bonus if it's signed, only this time it's for FOUR years instead of three, and still getting 2-3% pay raise every year even though we've not asked the company to cap off their medical costs at all so they can just claw back even that meagre amount of money." Months before the existing negotiated contract is even up.

#144 57 days ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I own stock via a 401k, and I'm broke as a joke. But I've also never, ever qualified for government assistance of any kind (unless you count a Homestead Exemption on property taxes as 'aid'). It's just that my job has decent benefits....other than the decreasing pay every year as they increase medical costs at a rate higher than my UNION NEGOTIATED pay 'raises'.
    Face it...the entire country is corrupt. You can't even rely on a bloody union to even TRY to fight for you anymore....mine just rolled over and sent us out a contract to approve that says "Hey, we're keeping everything from the last contract, including the one time 1k bonus if it's signed, only this time it's for FOUR years instead of three, and still getting 2-3% pay raise every year even though we've not asked the company to cap off their medical costs at all so they can just claw back even that meagre amount of money." Months before the existing negotiated contract is even up.

Sounds like you are paying dues for nothing. Are you all willing to risk voting for a strike?

#145 57 days ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Sorry dude, but not sure what point you are making.
    That the packaging is similar, but not really confusing. Or that autozone had the wrong pic on-line. Even though the heading was for 32 ounces.
    Looks more like an error than a deceptive practice to me.

You are correct. The error is mine as I stated. Let’s call it clever marketing.

#146 57 days ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Sounds like you are paying dues for nothing. Are you all willing to risk voting for a strike?

Went several months without contract a few years ago. I'm personally willing to vote against this garbage and vote yes for a strike, and my work center has voted for authorizing strikes before.

*edit* Just so there's some laughable comparison points here because I don't want someone to go "Wow, a 3% raise is pretty good!" Sure...if you make 100k/year.. but I make less hourly than I can make DONATING PLASMA. Sure, I can't be bled dry for 40 hours a week, but if I could, I'd make more money doing that in take home pay. And that will still be the case after 4 years of stacking 3% raises. And you wouldn't believe the absurd breadth of things I need to know and understand to do my job effectively. It's changed massively in the 10 years I've been here, that's why our current pay is a joke. Even I would've said 5 years ago that my job was too easy for what I got paid, but not anymore. The amount of specialized skills that can't be trained for and information needed to know and retain has easily increased tenfold if not more since then, and pay has not kept up at all.

#147 57 days ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

I don't agree with this business model at all. My previous employer has been 'shedding' employees for the last 4-5 years. They just 'shedded' about 7000 employees in the first quarter this year while the CEO accepted a $3 million dollar raise to $29 million and another XO got a 68% raise to $16 million. I figure ONE paycheck for the CEO paid my salary for 10 years.

It's the American Aristocracy.

The CEO's are hired by the board of directors. The board of directors is simply the CEO's and XO's of the other large companies. They marry off their children to each other and have taken control of most of the large publicly traded companies in the US to pilfer to their assets.

Infinite growth here isn't possible. They've cut wages and benefits down to the bone, are selling off the real estate and then rent it and then have the companies take out loans to pay massive bonuses to the executives. It's gotten to the point where they are cannibalizing profitable established companies in order to keep the game going (ToysRUs).

#148 57 days ago
    Quoted from kbliznick:

It's the American Aristocracy.
    The CEO's are hired by the board of directors. The board of directors is simply the CEO's and XO's of the other large companies. They marry off their children to each other and have taken control of most of the large publicly traded companies in the US to pilfer to their assets.
    Infinite growth here isn't possible. They've cut wages and benefits down to the bone, are selling off the real estate and then rent it and then have the companies take out loans to pay massive bonuses to the executives. It's gotten to the point where they are cannibalizing profitable established companies in order to keep the game going (ToysRUs).

Don’t forget Eddie Lambert and Sears.

Also, KKR which loaded up Blockbuster with debt it could not service.

#149 57 days ago
    Quoted from cantbfrank:

Its called buyer beware. You need to read labels and shop based on price per unit.
    Business are not wrong with what they are doing. They have smart marketers that know who to market their product successfully.

Would you consider that pharmaceutical company that bought the rights to that old line medicine that was selling for about $1.00 per pill and then jacking the price 7000% and sticking to all those people who need this drug as doing good business? Do you support that kind of action?

What about the Epipen allergy medicine that has boosted it price over 400% in a few short years as doing right by its customers?

And then, when challenged by Congress, it acts all magnanimous and talks up how it offers discounts?

Are you good with that?

#150 56 days ago

I feel now, after being retired, that if a married couple makes less than $50k, there are govt programs.
    If the same makes over 100k, they
    can lead what was an average, normal life.
    Anything inbetween is very hard for many people.
    The current climate.....anything for money, even if we lie, is to me a huge red flag for what might come next.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 299.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 18.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 109.99
    € 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 129.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside