(Topic ID: 161205)

Why am I getting 36vac for my gi on my Robocop?

By Chochi_ca

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by thedefog
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chochi_ca.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I am puzzled. I only have my 6.3vac power off my transformer to my power supply board. I am getting 36volts supplied to cn8 pins? How can this b when I only have 6.3v supplied?

#3 7 years ago

This is my power supply. I match up white to white/yellow from transformer and yellow to yellow. When I test btw yellow and yellow/white from transformer without connecting it to the board. But when I connect it I get 36v at pins 1-4 at cn8 and 31vac at 5-9. No other connections are made a the power supply. I'm testing from ground to each pin. I have even swapped power supplies and get same readings?

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

When I test the transformer btw yellow and yellow white without connection to board I get 6.3v

#6 7 years ago

I am getting these 36vac readings with only the 6.3 supply from the transformer plugged in. I even removed the other square plug that supplies the other voltages to the machine from the transformer. Still getting the 36v reading. I am testing at the gi pins at cn8. Could there b voltage leaking in the transformer? Should i test btw both yellows and both yellow/whites from the transformer for voltage? Or do i have the wires mixed up at cn9(yellow and white wires)? or any other ideas?

#8 7 years ago

Bump

#10 7 years ago

Ok will check it again. I am a newbie and appreciate the responses. I put my black lead on grounding screw and the red on each make pin on connector c8. Is this not the way to test?

#11 7 years ago

Lol yes I'm the one that had the car battery charger running the gi. But I think it was supplying to high of voltage. Bulbs lit up like super brights! So once I removed the charger I lost all my gi

#17 7 years ago

I recently bought the machine and I am attempting to shop it out. So puttin the black lead of my meter on a grounding screw(that attaches to the back plate is not the correct ground? Something def could b wrong with under the playfield. What should I b looking for? Where to test for a short. It seems there is one because soon as I power on the Machine with cn8 plugged in and j5 my gi fuses on the ppb board all blow. The previous owner was using a car batter charger solder to power the gi underneath lol. The cn8 connector was burnt and unplugged. I repaired that connector and verified the wiring on the j5 connnector on the pcb board. I do have more schematics then what is on ipdb. I can include pics of those as well?

#18 7 years ago

I am unsure about the input wiring of my 6.3 volt yellow and yellow/white wires on my power supply board the schematics contradict my current wiring. I'm scared to switch them without confirmation.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#19 7 years ago

When I plug this same power supply board into my high speed wired the same way yellow-yellow and white/yellow to white/yellow my gi works in the high speed

#22 7 years ago

Ok I measured the voltage the proper way. And it measures 6.3vac btw pin 1 and 9. Thanx! I have been banging my head against the wall. lol. So now I know I got proper voltage. But I still blow fuses. I noticed something else. There is what looks to b blue speaker wire that ran from the solder points that were attached to the battery charger positive and negative wires. The wire attaches to the gi at various spots. Should I remove this wire. Refuse and test again? Here r some pics of the hack.

#24 7 years ago

Fixed!! Got rid of the hack(cause of blown fuses). Also found cracked solder on pins at j5. Thanx to everyone for there help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chochi_ca.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-am-i-getting-36vac-for-my-gi-on-my-robocop?tu=chochi_ca and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.