micdrop.gif
es_ (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
3289DBF8-F33F-4E8F-A334-CFCE5AAD6EEE (resized).jpeg
4F7DCE58-717F-4D6D-A9CD-6C89EB904CEA (resized).jpeg
35AEBB05-CFFF-4BA8-82B9-C8714FE16F18 (resized).jpeg
655F92F9-94E4-44F9-AA7D-32D6E5854CA7 (resized).jpeg
BA170911-9D61-4617-9CE7-F2C06712D370 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

Because 6 months in people sell their “new” games?

It happens every single time. Just like the “why are these for sale” threads.

Two years ago there were “why are so many stranger things for sale?” Threads. Now the LE is $13,000.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I noticed a run on a couple of games in 24 hours there were 4 GNR,3 zepp and a ton of ac/dc

Well you didn’t your job if you didn’t make a “why are so many X for sale?!” Post for each of them.

Shame on you!

#21 2 years ago

71088205-8BCB-40F8-AFB7-B05C7A231451 (resized).jpeg71088205-8BCB-40F8-AFB7-B05C7A231451 (resized).jpegF73866E0-BF36-40B1-8BD1-B21231530011 (resized).jpegF73866E0-BF36-40B1-8BD1-B21231530011 (resized).jpeg

982A5DAE-AB27-4FDE-8CEE-1B0E3560299E (resized).jpeg982A5DAE-AB27-4FDE-8CEE-1B0E3560299E (resized).jpeg860AF6E3-592D-4097-A9DA-DEA5FFFE1236 (resized).jpeg860AF6E3-592D-4097-A9DA-DEA5FFFE1236 (resized).jpeg8F02A1A5-3CE8-47F3-9A1B-52952720AF0C (resized).jpeg8F02A1A5-3CE8-47F3-9A1B-52952720AF0C (resized).jpeg

BA170911-9D61-4617-9CE7-F2C06712D370 (resized).jpegBA170911-9D61-4617-9CE7-F2C06712D370 (resized).jpeg655F92F9-94E4-44F9-AA7D-32D6E5854CA7 (resized).jpeg655F92F9-94E4-44F9-AA7D-32D6E5854CA7 (resized).jpeg35AEBB05-CFFF-4BA8-82B9-C8714FE16F18 (resized).jpeg35AEBB05-CFFF-4BA8-82B9-C8714FE16F18 (resized).jpeg

4F7DCE58-717F-4D6D-A9CD-6C89EB904CEA (resized).jpeg4F7DCE58-717F-4D6D-A9CD-6C89EB904CEA (resized).jpeg3289DBF8-F33F-4E8F-A334-CFCE5AAD6EEE (resized).jpeg3289DBF8-F33F-4E8F-A334-CFCE5AAD6EEE (resized).jpeg

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from Mank:

I hear from a reliable source it’s because the LZ LEs are being remade

LMAO!!!

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yeah, LZ is one of my fave bands but after seeing the game I never thought seriously about buying any model, let alone the LE. It really looks like the band didn't give much of a shit about their game.. "here's our standard licensing package, thank you have a nice day."
It shoots well enough and is fun to play on location, but nothing about it says "own me!"

For me that's part of the appeal. Nobody in NYC bought one. Not even the turbobuying locations like Jackbar or Sunshine, or the local route op who bought THREE WWEs.

And these are places that bought a fucking Teenage Mutant Turtles, by far the worst, dumbest theme Stern has done in the modern era.

So I got the only one anywhere and it rules. People who I haven't heard from in years are hitting me up to come by and play! (I guess that's not exactly a pro, but it's still wild).

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That every threads turns into a "OMG we need a Sabbath pin!!11!!"

I mean...we do!!!

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

"And these are places that bought a f..king Teenage Mutant Turtles, by far the worst, dumbest theme Stern has done in the modern era."
Which without question blows LZ away. LZ pro is an absolute snoozefest... not trying to bash LZ, but we didn't want to play the 3rd ball. Music is sweet and I'm sure the premium is better, but my guess is this will not be a sought after game. Perhaps TMNT won't be either, but the 2v2, half shell challenge, final battle and code makes the pro an excellent bang for the buck and gets a lot of love at my house. And TMNT will beat you down.

I don’t care about any of that really.

I just can’t imagine buying a TMNT for location and not a Zep. Who’s into teenage turtles? Nobody I know.

#125 2 years ago

The only game that went unroasted upon release was TNA, because it was a "breath of fresh air" and a simple throwback layout that really resonated!!

At the exact same time Star Wars was roasted for "not having enough on the playfield."

To sum up: Pinball fans are batshit crazy and have no idea what they want.

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Pretty sure Iron Maiden escaped most roastings, except maybe from the folks who preferred it as Archer.

Good point!

And well-deserved that's a great game all around.

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's a real shame that the Zeppelin does absolutely nothing in a game called "Led Zeppelin". Having it move on a track or something similar to the train in Cactus Canyon would have been awesome.
[quoted image]

Oh god...another "it doesn't move?!" complaint!

Why does everything have to move? Model train hobby is that a way >>>>>

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I know! Why pay $7k - $10k+ for a pinball machine and have interactive toys in it?! That's nuts, some may say its crazy. The air between ramps and orbits is where the real value is at.

Your obsession with moving trinkets is bizarre to me. People aren't paying $7k-10K for games because they have cheap gimmicks that are destined to break.

If they were, there'd be a run on Rescue 911 machines in this hobby, not groans when someone PMs them out of the blue trying to trade that turd for a Stern LCD game they've posted for sale.

I'm convinced you have no idea why people actually enjoy pinball machines.

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

If gameplay is 2nd or 3rd on someone's list I wouldn't consider their input quite valid. The fact that his biggest gripe is the Zeppelin not flying around says it all.
Also the EM spinner, while simplistic in design and super awesome when in action. his gripe of not enough toys when on the premium model and up the main toy is front and center and possibly the catalyst to the best multiball in pinball currently shows his lack of actual experience with the title.

The zeppelin looks fucking cool, especially with the Expression Lights reflecting on it. Perfectly badass.

People always forget the first real "toy" in pinball was the stationary Space Shuttle on WIlliams' Space Shuttle game in 1984. People fuckin' loved it, and that non-moving insult to the pinball public helped propel massive sales on that title, in fact keeping the lights on at the factory until the massive success of High Speed and the next 10 years or so for the industry. I remember a friend at Hebrew school saying he and his brother were gonna try to buy one, specifically mentioning that thing.

The arbitrary rule that "toys" need to "interact with the ball" or do other cheap dog and pony show tricks is a complete noob fabrication that you only started hearing about a few years ago. The "moving baby Yoda" obsession takes this stupidity to it's natural conclusion, but I'm sure we haven't seen the last of it. People keep wanting pinball to to be something pinball isn't, and I can't for the life of me understand why these people don't find another hobby that would suit these needs better. I'm sure there's "rube goldberg" hobbyists, motorized toy afficionados, or any other number of pastimes that can satisfy the "DOES IT MOVE?!" itch.

That's where the action is! Pinball is about flippers and ball bearings, and making the ball go where it's supposed to go to achieve goals. This seems to have been lost in the shuffle as the noobs have poured into the hobby.

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh no, CrazyLevi. You will find that it is you who are mistaken, about a great many things.

What I am not mistaken about is that clearly someone who would be impressed and dazzled by a plastic blimp sliding 4 inches down a track definitely has a different idea than I do of what is cool.

Not sure if you noticed, but Zep has an optical spinner mech that rises from below the playfield and "interacts" with the ball and the player. This is a truly innovative, never before seen "interactive mech" that Jpop would have stolen if it came out in 1958.

This doesn't impress you as much as moving doll would. Again, different strokes for different folks...

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I think the Pros for both JP and TMNT play smoother and I much prefer them to the Prem/LE. DP doesn't need a mechanical TREX to eat the ball to be great. I don't need a mech in a game just to have one, if it fits the theme and is reliable sure. The castle in MM was amazing the first dozen times I saw it but I don't own it anymore because of the repetitive gameplay.
Mechanical toys exist for the most part because pinball was original made for an arcade and it was a novelty game to earn quarters. I'm just playing the game in my house and if I'm playing JP for an hour I don't need to see the Trex move every time.
Pinball has changed in the last 30+ years and it's not being played in arcades. The good news is that there is something for everyone and people can play or own whatever they like.

I think the "toy obsession" springs forth from the misbegotten belief/hope that your uninterested wife, kids, and friends will be so impressed by a blimp sliding 4 inches or a doll moving its arm that they will have no choice but to admit that your weird little hobby is somehow amazing and cool.

In reality, it's not going to do much to wow them or change their minds. As we see with EVERY new release, pinball is still just pinball, and you either like it or you don't. Some cheap gimmick isn't gonna change that.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Thats another one I didnt care for... too woodchoppy.
I like that he tries new stuff and his designs are unique but I havent found his stuff to be much "fun" as of yet.

One of the hardest tricks these days is to make a mode more interesting than "shoot the flashing lights," like say, on the GOTG I just got. Every mode feels pretty much the same and they are all chores you have to perform if you want to get to Cherry Bomb.

Elwin's games - especially Maiden - seem to do a great job of fun, unique, interesting modes that all have their own character.

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Of all the wacky talks on pinside, the physical vs virtual ball lock has always been the weirdest. I mean other than people thst have to mod a game from making a popping noise when it turns on.
3. "I dont like widebody machines.
4. "OMG my Sterns fan is so loud!"

Physical ball locks just mean more switches that can break, more potential confusion and weirdness in multiplayer games, etc. THey do have their charms for sure but I don't particularly prefer one over the other. THey are kind of "of their era," Firepower or High Speed wouldn't be the same without their physical ball locks but I don't really need it on a modern machine.

#171 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

But Levi, can you imagine Aerosmith without a physical ball lock? It’s wouldn’t be half as fun without the balls hopping into the box.

That's true!

It wouldn't add much for LZ though in my opinion.

I mean beyond Panzer's fantasy of the blimp carrying balls all over the playfield - and in fact, rising out of the game and flying around your living room - and then literally exploding into flames every time you start a multiball.

Man that would be cool. If only JJP had made Zep...

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Have we beat this horse to death yet? Let's move on

As long as there remain Led Zeppelin LEs for sale on the market, it's an issue that needs to be explored!

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Nothing really screams Zep to me for iconography other than the band members and Plant's tight jeans. Did they have a blimp flying around at concerts or something? Nothing really jumps out at me. Album covers are sort of non descriptive as well.

There was a blimp in those jeans. Yowza!!!

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Meh...I was never impressed

Are you trying to say it's all bag and no pipe?!

plant (resized).jpgplant (resized).jpg
#199 2 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

I'm gonna cock block, the direction, that the tread is taking now.

If you truly love a thread you must set it free, and let it blossom into where nature takes it.

And it’s currently taken it into a discussion into the mud shark camping out in plant’s size 28s.

You should be proud!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 65.99
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-all-the-led-zeppelin-le-fs-now?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.