micdrop.gif
es_ (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
3289DBF8-F33F-4E8F-A334-CFCE5AAD6EEE (resized).jpeg
4F7DCE58-717F-4D6D-A9CD-6C89EB904CEA (resized).jpeg
35AEBB05-CFFF-4BA8-82B9-C8714FE16F18 (resized).jpeg
655F92F9-94E4-44F9-AA7D-32D6E5854CA7 (resized).jpeg
BA170911-9D61-4617-9CE7-F2C06712D370 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrianJ1337.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

LZ just isn’t a stellar game like other recent releases.

I’d put it above AIQ, and TMNT. Way above

Show me a pin with a better multi ball. I don’t think there is one.

LZ EM frenzy and even normal zep mb are the best I’ve played in any pin I can think of.

#28 2 years ago

My only regret is not getting the LE. FML.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from Mank:

I hear from a reliable source it’s because the LZ LEs are being remade

Say whaaa? What does that mean? I thought it was a limited run? 500?

#33 2 years ago

I’m too high for this. Going to play some Led Zeppelin. Maybe I can finally beat two tours today.

#35 2 years ago

Some of y’all never had to build up an EM frenzy during the breakdown of a whole lotta love nice and slow like and then activate both locks and have the EM frenzy multiball start just as the song crescendos into one of the best damn rock songs ever made and it shows.

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

BrianJ1337 I hear you man. I just had to nominate EM Frenzy MB as one of the best MB of all time, on Final Round podcast.

Quoted from Kyleman:

LZ right side is too funky though for some.Rick n Morty left side is funky but you can at least tell it was meant to be.Plus it has the charm of "Oh hell I'm going for it".Rick and morty makes a lot of sense after playing it for months.Unfortunately people didn't get it but some did.Maybe that's LZ too idk.I put Rick and Morty as my favorite pin of all time and Bowen's a genius.Maybe LZ will turn but people aren't patient enough that's for sure and will do the "man I wish I didn't sell"

The main issues I’ve noticed are the pro being a totally different game without the EM spinner. A lot of people have no idea how good the premiums and up are. Totally different game. So if they’re basing it on a pro then I would say it’s just an average title. Premium and up? I’m ranking up there with AFM for me, especially due to the amazing MB modes and how well they flow.

Some complained the crossover shot from the upper flipper was too hard. To that I say it’s super satisfying and not that difficult at all but maybe some aren’t built right? I’ve never had an issue hitting it, it’s just a really hard shot.

Last was the spinner problems (I’m a victim and had mine fall off day one!). I was able to bend it back into position and learned that my EM spinner was too high when coming up. Fixed it and haven’t had a single issue in over 500 games now. Not a single stuck ball, nothing.

The game can be brutal sometimes too which I love about it. Apparently I suck though as others are saying it’s too easy. Never been the case for me and I consider myself above average pinball player.

The code being pretty early on is pretty decent in my opinion too.

Next to this title, stranger things is one of my favorite newer sterns to come out in recent years and I don’t even really like the IP so take that with what you will.

Now Zeppelin is one of my favorite bands so I also have some fanboy bias but I stand by my statement. There isn’t a better MB in pinball than Electric magic frenzy multiball when jamming out to a slamming zeppelin track.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#44 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Pink Floyd is not good music for pinball. Sabbath on the other hand would be amazing and Stern gets my vote. I want it fast with modes not a concert with old ozzy creeping around the stage. War Pigs Multi Ball? After Forever mode, damn.

JJP could do Floyd, their gameplay is slow and floaty just like Pink Floyd

And yea Ozzy/Sabbath needs a pin.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Where's my Jimi Hendrix pin!!!

I honestly don’t like music pins too much but a Hendrix would have to be instabuy for me much like LZ was.

I secretly hoping for a Daft Punk or prodigy table and my wife actually asked me the coolest question ever last week “could we refurbish and build a custom machine?”

So I think I know what my next project may be. Just looking for the right pin and theme to do it with.

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yeah, LZ is one of my fave bands but after seeing the game I never thought seriously about buying any model, let alone the LE. It really looks like the band didn't give much of a shit about their game.. "here's our standard licensing package, thank you have a nice day."
It shoots well enough and is fun to play on location, but nothing about it says "own me!"

From the podcast with one of the designers it sounds like the actual band members did have some input. But who knows.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I mean...we do!!!

You get Trolls world tour ozzy and nothing more.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
#55 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Im guessing lots of these folks that are on a list to buy every LE. One they dont like goes fast to make room for mando and so on.
Also i recently finally played LZ(a pro) and was really underwhelmed. Theres just so much empty space on the PF and im a huge ritchie fan. Loved BK and SW but LZ just didnt do it for me. Guess would need to play the other versions before making a definitive opinion

I played a pro at my local a few times and only saw videos of the premium gameplay. Two totally different games.. I rate the pro at a 8.0 and the premium/LE at 9.0 easily.

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don’t care about any of that really.
I just can’t imagine buying a TMNT for location and not a Zep. Who’s into teenage turtles? Nobody I know.

I thought the theme was kinda cool. BUT. The game play is meh.

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Theme, art, and toys are a bonus. I'll take quality shots, general fun, and balanced scoring rules that favor skillful play over a "loaded" dream theme game any day.
TMNT theme makes me cringe SO hard, but I'm loving my pro. So fast and smooth when you pay attention. Beatles looks like a 70's lunchbox nightmare, and my Zeppelin premium has the laziest cut and paste art package I've ever seen. They all rule... theme whores and coil counting toy nerds (disclosure: I used to be one) are potentially missing out on good times for sure. Luckily there's plenty of games out there for everybody so we all win!

I think the video/art package is stellar. To each their own I suppose. If you’re talking cabinet artwork…

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#110 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Agreed! I'm a motion graphics artist myself, and the overall video package is perfect. PF is fine too... The premium cab art does look good, but probably didn't need to be repeated on the translite, sides, and front of the cab haha. But, it's iconic and it is what it is. The LE certainly has a bit more flair to it, but not 2k worth

I’ve done video editing and motion for years now and was pretty impressed seeing as it’s all original art too on the video and motion stuff.

The video editing is great and goes really well with the songs. Bonham solo? Video of bonham playing, jimmy page solo? Videos of Jimmy etc. they did great syncing it up here.

The Playfield art isn’t insane or anything but has a very classic retro feel to it while really popping in color etc. i think it’s gorgeous.

I have the premium and while I wish now I got the LE I’m still happy with the theme here. Zeppelin 1 is one of the iconic record covers so having it as the back glass was cool but I agree, just repeating it on the sides seems a bit lazy with everything else considered. I would like to hear the artists thinking behind the design here.

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I’ve done video editing and motion for years now and was pretty impressed seeing as it’s all original art too on the video and motion stuff.
The video editing is great and goes really well with the songs. Bonham solo? Video of bonham playing, jimmy page solo? Videos of Jimmy etc. they did great syncing it up here.
The Playfield art isn’t insane or anything but has a very classic retro feel to it while really popping in color etc. i think it’s gorgeous. Also matches the Electric magic concert posters too.

I have the premium and while I wish now I got the LE I’m still happy with the theme here. Zeppelin 1 is one of the iconic record covers so having it as the back glass was cool but I agree, just repeating it on the sides seems a bit lazy with everything else considered. I would like to hear the artists thinking behind the design here.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Meant to add on my other post sorry!

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

It did? I am the rare person that likes the band/music but the pin not so much.
The art is great but for whatever reason the playability I cant get into.
LZ is pretty much the opposite, fun to play but fugly.

Strange, I’m so so on the music but really enjoy the gameplay on it.

Then again I like stranger things too and people seem to dislike that a lot also.

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yes.
I don’t think Elwin has copped a real roasting yet. All 3 of his were well received on launch.
Except the glove on AIQ….but that’s warranted.

I haven't played too deep into AIQ but it was never really fun to me..

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's a real shame that the Zeppelin does absolutely nothing in a game called "Led Zeppelin". Having it move on a track or something similar to the train in Cactus Canyon would have been awesome.
[quoted image]

My kickass topper during multiplier mode makes up for it in a big way.

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Your obsession with moving trinkets is bizarre to me. People aren't paying $7k-10K for games for cheap gimmicks that are destined to break.
If they were, they'd be a run on Rescue 911 machines in this hobby, not groans when someone PMs them out of the blue trying to trade that turd for a Stern LCD game.
I'm convinced you have no idea why people actually enjoy pinball machines.

If gameplay is 2nd or 3rd on someone's list I wouldn't consider their input quite valid. The fact that his biggest gripe is the Zeppelin not flying around says it all.

Also the EM spinner, while simplistic in design and super awesome when in action. his gripe of not enough toys when on the premium model and up the main toy is front and center and possibly the catalyst to the best multiball in pinball currently shows his lack of actual experience with the title.

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The zeppelin looks fucking cool, especially with the Expression Lights reflecting on it. Perfectly badass.
People always forget the first real "toy" in pinball was the stationary Space Shuttle on WIlliams' Space Shuttle game in 1984. People fuckin' loved it, and that non-moving insult to the pinball public helped propel massive sales on that title, in fact keeping the lights on at the factory until the massive success of High Speed and the next 10 years or so for the industry. I remember a friend at Hebrew school saying he and his brother were gonna try to buy one, specifically mentioning that thing.
The arbitrary rule that "toys" need to "interact with the ball" or do other cheap dog and pony show tricks is a complete noob fabrication that you only started hearing about a few years ago. The "moving baby Yoda" obsession takes this stupidity to it's natural conclusion, but I'm sure we haven't seen the last of it. People keep wanting pinball to to be something pinball isn't, and I can't for the life of me understand why these people don't find another hobby that would suit these needs better. I'm sure there's "rube goldberg" hobbyists, motorized toy afficionados, or any other number of pastimes that can satisfy the "DOES IT MOVE?!" itch.
That's where the action is! Pinball is about flippers and ball bearings, and making the ball go where it's supposed to go to achieve goals. This seems to have been lost in the shuffle as the noobs have poured into the hobby.

One of my favorite "mods" was adding a zep sticker, wish I could find one with the black stroke to match the topper better. Also considered hydropdipping it.. probably stay with the sticker for now.

0E3FDDF0-A029-43CD-BF7F-9B95568B7660 (resized).jpeg0E3FDDF0-A029-43CD-BF7F-9B95568B7660 (resized).jpeg
#155 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol. You do realize all time great pins such as MM, AF, TZ, and Monster Bash (take a look at yours) are loaded with interactive mechs? Take the mechs out of those games and they wouldn't be nearly as well regarded as they are.
Why even have the interactive dinosaur in JP premium / LE if people don't want interactive mechs? Why not remove the ball lock van and glider in TMNT for the same reason. Moving crane in Batman 66? Toss it, who would want that. Ramps and orbits only for $7k - $10k+ is where it's at.
Oh no, CrazyLevi. You will find that it is you who are mistaken, about a great many things.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's not 1984 anymore...Prices and expectations have changed 30+ years later.

Have you played a premium Zeppelin? Seriously trounces most modern sterns in terms of gameplay, skill and fun.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think the "toy obsession" springs forth from the idea that your wife, kids, and friends will be so impressed by a blimp sliding 4 inches or a doll moving its arm that they will have no choice but to admit that your weird little hobby is somehow amazing and cool.
In reality, it's not going to much to impress them. As we see with EVERY new release, pinball is still just pinball, and you either like it or you don't. Some cheap gimmick isn't gonna change that.

Maybe it's the only way they can justify it to themselves is if it had more moving parts?..

I was waiting for right theme and the right gameplay for years when Zeppelin (actually) finally came along! Played a pro and was impressed with how smooth it flowed but could barely hear the audio and wanted to try the premium with EM spinner. Weeks went by and I couldn't find a premium local and pulled the trigger one. Happy to have started my collection with this game NIB because it's never leaving.

Just waiting on the next game with great game gameplay and killer audio to come along. If the mechanics and toys add to gameplay (ie. MM castle, stranger things demogorg, Magic spinner Etc.) Then awesome, but to shit on a game because Yoda's hands don't move around (which would be cheesy AF) or the Zeppelin doesn't move when you're discounting everything else that makes game great just comes off weird.

Could they have made the Zeppelin move? Sure. They could have had another little stage come up from the back and have live mini animatronic characters playing a show in the back too. Ohhh Maybe mini fog machine?!...

Again at some point they decide on what makes the game and build around that and in this case it's the EM spinner and it is the whole game. Could they have made more things move around?.. sure. I suppose.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m not big on “toys”, but LZ is the first Prem/LE in a long time that uses virtual locks, instead of physically locking balls. That worked out well for TWD, so maybe it’s not as important as I think it is. It just seems strange to have that big empty blimp that doesn’t lock balls.

Definitely looks like it was initially designed to but then again the "speed lock" idea would mesh with gameplay more and having it lock would definitely slow things down..

I wonder if that was a Steve Ritchie (master of flow) call or a Stern accounting Dept.call

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 65.99
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrianJ1337.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-all-the-led-zeppelin-le-fs-now?tu=BrianJ1337 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.