micdrop.gif
es_ (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
3289DBF8-F33F-4E8F-A334-CFCE5AAD6EEE (resized).jpeg
4F7DCE58-717F-4D6D-A9CD-6C89EB904CEA (resized).jpeg
35AEBB05-CFFF-4BA8-82B9-C8714FE16F18 (resized).jpeg
655F92F9-94E4-44F9-AA7D-32D6E5854CA7 (resized).jpeg
BA170911-9D61-4617-9CE7-F2C06712D370 (resized).jpeg
There are 212 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

pinside, so predictable.

That every threads turns into a "OMG we need a Sabbath pin!!11!!"

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I mean...we do!!!

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yeah, LZ is one of my fave bands but after seeing the game I never thought seriously about buying any model, let alone the LE. It really looks like the band didn't give much of a shit about their game.. "here's our standard licensing package, thank you have a nice day."
It shoots well enough and is fun to play on location, but nothing about it says "own me!"

From the podcast with one of the designers it sounds like the actual band members did have some input. But who knows.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I mean...we do!!!

You get Trolls world tour ozzy and nothing more.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
#54 2 years ago

Im guessing lots of these folks that are on a list to buy every LE. One they dont like goes fast to make room for mando and so on.

Also i recently finally played LZ(a pro) and was really underwhelmed. Theres just so much empty space on the PF and im a huge ritchie fan. Loved BK and SW but LZ just didnt do it for me. Guess would need to play the other versions before making a definitive opinion

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Im guessing lots of these folks that are on a list to buy every LE. One they dont like goes fast to make room for mando and so on.
Also i recently finally played LZ(a pro) and was really underwhelmed. Theres just so much empty space on the PF and im a huge ritchie fan. Loved BK and SW but LZ just didnt do it for me. Guess would need to play the other versions before making a definitive opinion

I played a pro at my local a few times and only saw videos of the premium gameplay. Two totally different games.. I rate the pro at a 8.0 and the premium/LE at 9.0 easily.

#56 2 years ago

LZ is a GREAT game (especially the Premium/LE). It's absolutely one of the best music pins. I'm convinced most of the haters on it either buy machines to look at or just haven't bothered to take the 10 minutes to learn the rules. Is it the perfect pin- no, but the haters never bring up the real issues because they haven't played it enough to even know what they are. As a collector of music pins I feel confident this one will only go up in value as time goes on (not that i really care about resale since i hardly ever sell pins)

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha guilty as fuck. I’ll stop when somebody makes it, I swear.

#58 2 years ago

Also, I guess I have shit taste because I think LZ and Beatles are a blast.

#59 2 years ago

beatles is great. I think most of the hate comes from the price tag on the diamond or whatever the crazy expensive one is.

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I was playing some of the alternate music/video selections last night; can't say I'm a massive fan of them.
But even with that horrible music that game kicks ass. So fun.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Where's my Jimi Hendrix pin!!!

Where it should be, non existent.

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

I'm convinced most of the haters on it either buy machines to look at or just haven't bothered to take the 10 minutes to learn the rules.

They can't enjoy the game unless it looks like its worth the money they spent and no matter how fun an "barren" style pin is they will never like it and no matter how slow and boring some loaded mess is they will love it. I think it all comes down to money. Also a lack of skill to some degree. I've seen players hate on a game cause the challenge level is beyond them. Much easier to blame the pin itself.

#63 2 years ago

There are 5 for sale right now - one NIB. There were 500 made. That's 1% of the games made that are being sold, and one was never opened. That really doesn't seem like a flood of games to me. And who the hell pays attention to this kind of stuff anyway?

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And who the hell pays attention to this kind of stuff anyway?

People who love when a game they found disappointing fails. Who would defend games they deem worthy on the flip side, even though neither really represents the reality, in other words, Fuckfaces.

#65 2 years ago

There's been a ton of Mando LEs for sale on Pinside lately. I wonder why haha.

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

There are 5 for sale right now - one NIB. There were 500 made. That's 1% of the games made that are being sold, and one was never opened. That really doesn't seem like a flood of games to me. And who the hell pays attention to this kind of stuff anyway?

My only point was that they all seemed to pop up in the last 3 days. So I was a little bored this morning, flog me, not like I have radar going on this pin or the plethora of other "why so many of ? title for sale" ads.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#67 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I really miss the Beatles. That is a really fun game. At least I still have my LZ LE!

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

So I was a little bored this morning, flog me,

I've always found if you're bored it's just better to flog yourself.

#69 2 years ago

Reminds me of this poster I have.

es_ (resized).jpges_ (resized).jpg
#70 2 years ago

Florida Gator fan here, orange and blue DO NOT CLASH! lol. It's a super fun game.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Florida Gator fan here, orange and blue DO NOT CLASH! lol. It's a super fun game.

In Tron, you're correct. Most other places, and especially on this pin, with these specific color choices....um....might want to see an optometrist, stat.

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

In the last couple of days a gaggle of Zep LE posted. Why? Gameplay gets old fast? Opine.

seriously?

#73 2 years ago

Also: hit me up if you want to sell your Zep Premium. No high ballers!

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

beatles is great. I think most of the hate comes from the price tag on the diamond or whatever the crazy expensive one is.

No, the hate comes from what it could have been, rather then what it is.

#75 2 years ago

I’d sell mine if I had a strong offer.
I really like it, but I like to rotate my collection and there’s nothing truly exceptional about it compared to the other games I like playing better.

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I was playing some of the alternate music/video selections last night; can't say I'm a massive fan of them.
But even with that horrible music that game kicks ass. So fun.

Yeah I appreciate the Beatles and all but I bought this game for the gameplay and it’s just a fantastic shooter. Ripping that left spinner is majestic.

#77 2 years ago

Stranger Things has the same feeling as LZ does for me right now.
LZ is a sleeper.

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

...Ripping that left spinner is majestic.

As I said then, Optical Spinners, Wave of the future

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Stranger Things has the same feeling as LZ does for me right now.
LZ is a sleeper.

I got both when they came out and had to endure the know-nothings telling me on this forum what pieces of shit they are. I love when people who think they know everything are proven wrong time and again. From now on, I buy nothing but turds.

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

micdrop.gifmicdrop.gif
#81 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I got both when they came out and had to endure the know-nothings telling me on this forum what pieces of shit they are. I love when people who think they know everything are proven wrong time and again. From now on, I buy nothing but turds.

i've come to the conclusion when a certain podcaster rips a machine based on his "expert" opinion then its time to buy that machine. LZ, Beatles, and Hotwheels are all fantastic games that didn't get the credit they deserved.

#82 2 years ago

i've come to the conclusion when a certain podcaster rips a machine based on his "expert" opinion then its time to buy that machine. LZ, Beatles, and Hotwheels are all fantastic games that didn't get the credit they deserved.

Okay, I'm going to just outright dismiss the LZ and HW thing since they're so stinking new, and they really haven't had a *chance* to "not get the credit that they deserve", in my opinion.

Please explain why Beatles did not get the credit it deserved. I'm honestly curious about this.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#83 2 years ago

"And these are places that bought a f..king Teenage Mutant Turtles, by far the worst, dumbest theme Stern has done in the modern era."

Which without question blows LZ away. LZ pro is an absolute snoozefest... not trying to bash LZ, but we didn't want to play the 3rd ball. Music is sweet and I'm sure the premium is better, but my guess is this will not be a sought after game. Perhaps TMNT won't be either, but the 2v2, half shell challenge, final battle and code makes the pro an excellent bang for the buck and gets a lot of love at my house. And TMNT will beat you down.

#84 2 years ago

Funny how we defend what we own

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Where's my Jimi Hendrix pin!!!

So I am probably a minority, and like playing LZ. The one at my local arcade is the cheap model.

Now I have to say, that I have a Pinsound board in my Bally Dr. Who, with a Jimi Hendrix custom mix in it. As well as Rush and few others. Jimi plays full songs, not just clips. Sure there is no MTV video playing in the back ground to distract me, or his pictures of his face plastered on the playfield and back glass. But it sure is fun to jam to his music and flip multiballs at the 3 level Mini Playfield...... Oh and when I drain a ball...He says "no buttons to push" Classic.

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

"And these are places that bought a f..king Teenage Mutant Turtles, by far the worst, dumbest theme Stern has done in the modern era."
Which without question blows LZ away. LZ pro is an absolute snoozefest... not trying to bash LZ, but we didn't want to play the 3rd ball. Music is sweet and I'm sure the premium is better, but my guess is this will not be a sought after game. Perhaps TMNT won't be either, but the 2v2, half shell challenge, final battle and code makes the pro an excellent bang for the buck and gets a lot of love at my house. And TMNT will beat you down.

I don’t care about any of that really.

I just can’t imagine buying a TMNT for location and not a Zep. Who’s into teenage turtles? Nobody I know.

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just can’t imagine buying a TMNT for location and not a Zep. Who’s into teenage turtles? Nobody I know.

I thought the theme was kinda cool. BUT. The game play is meh.

#88 2 years ago

Whilst that certain podcaster got Pirates, big lebowski, R&M and gnr ce.
And you are making fun of him?

Opinions are different and that is totally cool, but from a resale point, (which this thread is about), he´s not the joke, you are.

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There are some themes that are a total mystery to me. Turtles, Dialed in, Hot wheels, to name a few.

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Whilst that certain podcaster got Pirates, big lebowski, R&M and gnr ce.
And you are making fun of him?
Opinions are different and that is totally cool, but from a resale point, (which this thread is about), he´s not the joke, you are.

Did three of those ever make it out of the box? Hell, we’re two of them even delivered?

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Did three of those ever make it out of the box? Hell, we’re two of them even delivered?

Not sure. My comment was aimed at that silly statement, made by previous poster.

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Not sure. My comment was aimed at that silly statement, made by previous poster.

kaneda? Kinda tough to get any more "Silly" than defending that douchebag.

No matter what anyone else thinks as long as I like it who gives a shit, sorry but with the exception of DeadFlip where I get to see the game being played by a skilled player pinball podcasts stink.

#93 2 years ago

threads like this should just get locked after Crazylevi posts. No more discussion needed

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

Okay, I'm going to just outright dismiss the LZ and HW thing since they're so stinking new, and they really haven't had a *chance* to "not get the credit that they deserve", in my opinion.
Please explain why Beatles did not get the credit it deserved. I'm honestly curious about this.

Beatles got shredded for being a premium priced game with nothing in it. The reality is it it has more mechs than GNR or Deadpool. The machine just doesn't have ramps. If you play Beatles you'll find the shots are great. In particular the repeatable loop and spinner shots are among the best. The rules are simple, easy to understand, but yet hard for players to master. Bottom line the Beatles is a blast to play. I host about 40 events a year and before Covid Beatles was one of the most popular games out of my 40 machines. Don't believe the haters- same thing with LZ. its an addictive game if you take the time to learn the rules.

#95 2 years ago

Beatles got shredded for being a premium priced game with nothing in it.

Here's the thing, "shredded" by who exactly? The same few dozen old cheap fuckfaces on this site who bash anything that doesn't equate to their ideal of 'bang for ur buck" horseshit. While defending bad playing games cause they represent the "World under the glass" nonsense. I like the Beatles but for me its not pinball music and not into them enough to buy the pin. I played one, it was damn fun. Price? its always amazing to me how anyone in this hobby could bring up price, while we all pay big money for toys, its an expensive toy. I don't care how loaded a game might be try justifying the cost to a non pinhead. I get just not liking the gameplay or theme but the whole too expensive for what ur getting arguement sucks, with in reason of course.

#96 2 years ago

The reality is it it has more mechs than GNR or Deadpool

Deadpool has the same number of drop targets, multiple physical locks, and motorized ramp. It doesn’t matter but I don’t think picking the one game with the same amount of drop targets is a good comparison.

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

No matter what anyone else thinks as long as I like it who gives a shit,

Arent you ever worried your constant rude comments are aimed at people who doesnt give a shit what you think?
And why are you in threads at all, since you dont give a shit.
Trying to act tough and cool telling people of on a pinball forum isnt cool.
I'm willing to bet you're a total wimp irl.

#98 2 years ago

Only because it has been mentioned specifically for location use, I have gotten feedback from 3 different Atlanta operators, and TMNT is doing as good or better than LZ. All Pro models in this sample, and all 3 operators have both titles, actively out on their routes.

#99 2 years ago

It’s simple really, a game is released, many buy it but have never played it prior. Then decide it was fun and all, but ready to buy the next title. Does not mean it’s bad, it just means it’s not a permanent keeper. There is always the “shuffle” of games after initial release. Then the eventually find homes in places people love and play them. Then they are no longer for sale, or hard to find.

Example
Black Knight LE
Ghostbusters LE
Stranger Things LE

All fairly recent, no longer made titles, that are now much harder to find. I suspect Zeppelin is no different, once the shuffle ends, people will be trying to find one.

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stern should have just combined both to make one fully featured, capture all demographics, game…..
46542272-B459-4470-8855-B48E27FB9285 (resized).jpeg46542272-B459-4470-8855-B48E27FB9285 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.99
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 212 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-all-the-led-zeppelin-le-fs-now/page/2?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.