Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by smassa
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Songjackpot.jpg
Songbonus.jpg
image.jpg

There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Every time I've put up a new high score song jackpot that I made from the cannon with the multiplier running it gave me the correct score.

maybe that's it then. But what's weird is I don't remember collecting another song jackpot larger than the default song bonus champion during that game, so I don't understand then why I would still be song champion if I never collected one from the cannon. Probably I just forgot that I collected one from the cannon and you are right (I don't think it was exactly a fourth of the one I collected so I'll hold off calling it a bug until I can replicate it).

Thanks.

Anyway, the good news is that stacking superlanes with 2x is pretty easy for 4x tour and album song bonuses -- just leave the right hand TNT target/standup as the only one needed to complete the three-bank during album MB and hit the bell with the cannon during the start of multiball and with ball saver going (with the right song going, TNT in this case) to get 2x. Then backhand ramp and do a return-lane stop after it goes over the toggled 2x return lane switch. It's actually not timed (but the 2x/3x playfield multiplier is of course) so you have can have the ball trapped as long as you need. Superlanes is by far the most valuable super-mode.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

But he got his initials up for Song Bonus Champion with the exact same jackpot, minus the multiplier. If it counts the jackpot, it should count the multiplier too.

The HS board is "song jackpot" score, not "song bonus". You can get a higher SB than SJ.
Really, 2 high score boards would be nice, one for each.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

The HS board is "song jackpot" score, not "song bonus". You can get a higher SB than SJ.
Really, 2 high score boards would be nice, one for each.

yes. Or just have it say "Song Champion" conditionally followed by "(bonus)" or "(cannon)" depending on how it was collected.

Lyman probably did it this way because if you want your name up in lights you have to cash it out.
The important thing is that your score is incremented correctly.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

The HS board is "song jackpot" score, not "song bonus".

You're right. I really need to get one. Bad game to learn only on location.

Quoted from DNO:

You can get a higher SB than SJ.

Maybe he could add some text to distinguish the two? (when the jackpot is collected) Something like: "4X SONG BONUS!" below the actual jackpot value? Or maybe he just figures we should just know (learn) these things.

Quoted from SolarRide:

Or just have it say "Song Champion" conditionally followed by "(bonus)" or "(cannon)" depending on how it was collected.

Considering how hard it is to reach Encore, I vote for initials for both too.

#105 6 years ago

If this game is bugging anyone enough to trade it for a nice HUO Iron man Pin. Holla at me, Pacific Northwest trades preferred..

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

If this game is bugging anyone enough to trade it for a nice HUO Iron Man Pin. Holla at me, Pacific Northwest trades preferred..

I barked up that tree already...no takers and I'm in the pacific northwest!

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Maybe he could add some text to distinguish the two? (when the jackpot is collected)

When Song bonus is collected there is an animation, during tour it is displayed at the bottom of the ticket shown for the jackpot, Album it is just at the bottom of the jackpot screen.

#108 6 years ago

I don't understand why some people are confused. It says "Song Jackpot Champion" not "Song Bonus Champion" image.jpg

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I don't understand why some peoe are confused. It says "Song Jackpot Champion" not "Song Bonus Champion"

Steve, I was originally confused because I thought that you were collecting a song jackpot via the song bonus (rather than by the cannon) and that the song bonus text was just indicating the method by which you were collecting the jackpot.

#110 6 years ago

I don't understand why some peoe are confused. It says "Song Jackpot Champion" not "Song Bonus Champion"

They are both the same value. Which of the two pics below is the song bonus and which is the song jackpot?

Songbonus.jpg Songjackpot.jpg

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

They are both the same value. Which of the two pics below is the song bonus and which is the song jackpot?

Song bonus on the left. Pretty much says it on the DMD.....The 2nd pic is of the total of the Jackpot collected & the Song Bonus. Neither of these would be displayed on the High Score Song Jackpot Champion list.

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

The 2nd pic is of the total of the Jackpot collected & the Song Bonus.

WRONG! The math doesn't add up. Check it yourself.

Actually, you're right. Point being, it's easy to confuse the two. Especially when you don't own one.

Do you know why the math is slightly off?

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Actually, you're right. Point being, it's easy to confuse the two. Especially when you don't own one.

Whys that?

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Sorry the math does add up. 247,719,000 + 1,041,000 = 248,760,000

Quoted from phishrace:

So how is the math off???

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

So how is the math off???

It's not. I just wanted to see how long I could keep you in suspense. Looks like right around 7 hours.

If you get how all the supers work (loops/lanes/targets/combos), I'm sure many would love to hear about it. I get the lanes and targets, but I'm not real clear on loops and combos yet. I also know how to switch between them, but you might want to go over that too.

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

If you get how all the supers work (loops/lanes/targets/combos), I'm sure many would love to hear about it. I get the lanes and targets, but I'm not real clear on loops and combos yet. I also know how to switch between them, but you might want to go over that too.

Youll probably have to wait for Pinball 102 for that.

Quoted from phishrace:

It's not. I just wanted to see how long I could keep you in suspense. Looks like right around 7 hours.

So your goal was to just try n confuse people by posting the 2 pics?

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

So your goal was to just try n confuse people by posting the 2 pics?

No. Just you. Looks like it worked. d

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

No. Just you. Looks like it worked. d

Not really I feel I have a better then avg. grasp of the rules.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 249.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside