Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by arcademojo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1071 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1063 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0954 (resized).JPG
    MarioBros.jpg
    image.jpg
    Actionside.jpg
    Cuteside.jpg
    Marios.jpg
    131265.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 9 years ago

I would love this....I've been on a Zelda kick lately, too. Since I got the New 3DS XL, I decided to revisit Ocarina of Time 3D - which I never finished. I finally beat Ganon a few days ago...and now I'm moving on to play the Zelda games I missed. Currently Gameboy Color Link's Awakening DX (got it for free with my last 200 Club Nintendo coins), then I'm going to play GBA Minish Cap (which I also got for free from the 3DS Ambassador program....but never played!). I even got all the Zelda Amiibos!

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I think this would be awesome. Unfortunately, all the old farts with money probably wouldn't be interested.

I would think most of us old farts grew up with Zelda!

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

I'd also be in for a Metroid!

Ever play Metroid Prime Pinball on the DS? It's amazing! If you have a Rumble Pak in the GBA slot, it even feels like pinball!

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from Stemage:

Stern and JJP seems to be targeting the masses with things like TWD and WWE. I agree that gamers should be the next target. We have the addictive personalities that lead to things like pin obsession, there's a zillion of us, and they could piggy back on media that already cares about games.

Any of you guys following the Amiibo craze? It's kind of funny - it's like a micro version of our pinball hobby. The same way we stalk Craigslist for games - Nintendo fans are stalking stores for Amiibo shipments - buying them before anyone else for #12.99, then flipping them on CL/eBay for $40-$80. Certain characters have become "rare" - thus more desirable...people are doing anything they can to get them. Then, Nintendo announces they're going to make more of the rarer figures (remakes, anyone? lol) and people are flipping out about the $80 toy they just bought losing value. There are people who keep them in the box and just want them because they're rare...and there are people who open them and play with them.

I've already done some skeevy Amiibo trades in parking lots myself.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Are they acutally re-running the 1st gen and store exclusive ones? If so... LOL I TOLD YOU SO.

They've announced new run of Marth, Little Mac, and Villager in Japan and UK...so obviously they'll do it here, too. Best Buy says they're getting more Meta Knights in May. For the life of me I can't figure out why Target didn't get MORE Rosalinas....each store got less than 20 and they were gone within a half hour. What's the point of making an exclusive deal if you don't have the product to sell? Rosalina's the only one I buckled on and bought from a scalper - a Target employee, no less.

Apparently Rosalina and Meta Knight are easy to find in Mexico right now lol. Nintendo's website does say something about them being exclusive at launch - so, eventually they could make them again for all stores. The only 2 I still want right now are Pit and Little Mac. I'm not collecting them all - but just the characters/franchises I like.

I find my self using that Pinside term - Nintendo's "leaving money on the table". They really are...people could buy a bunch of figures for what one is being scalped for...hell, they could buy a figure and a GAME! Nintendo's giving money away by not having all the figures more available. Pinball machines are one thing - but little $12.99 plastic figures? If there's demand, flood the f*cking stores!

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I just can't see paying more than 13 bucks for one, and even that's stretching it. Add to the fact that 99% of the time, I play Random ANYWAYS...and they're basically useless for me AFAIK?

I just think they look really cool - I love the detail and poses. I also think it's fun to power them up and fight them on my 3DS or Wii U in Smash Bros. Oh, and they unlock costumes on Mario Kart! They're going to have future use with other games, so it'll be fun to have them around...plus they look cool on top of my Donkey Kong Jr. My small stupid Nintendo toys on top of my big stupid Nintendo toy.

I picked up Captain Falcon & King Dedede since I took this pic...lol

Marios.jpgMarios.jpg Cuteside.jpgCuteside.jpg Actionside.jpgActionside.jpg
    #81 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

That is untrue. If you want to see link talk. Look at videos of the CDi zelda games.
    Here's a review for your pleasure.
    » YouTube video

CDi Zeldas weren't "real" Zeldas. They don't count.

#83 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

And yet they still say Zelda on them, as did the cartoon.

Nintendo didn't make them. In real Nintendo Zelda games, Link never talks - not even in text. That's Nintendo's game theory....YOU are the character - therefore they don't want him to speak for you.

#85 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Well, to be a nitpicky bastard, there were three Zelda CD-i games and only in two of them were you Link....and Zelda does talk, frequently.
    I don't really buy that whole concept anyways....clearly it's not resonating with me, as I haven't been able to be bothered to finish Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, or Skyward Sword... gameplay of the previous games was what got me, but it's just not ringing true with the more recent stuff.

Have you played A Link Between Worlds on 3DS? It's absolutely fantastic.... a true 'sequel' to SNES Link to the Past in terms of style & gameplay. Classic overhead style Zelda is my jam. I've played a few of the open world ones (Ocarina and Wind Waker) and find them a bit more frustrating than the classic style. Wind Waker is gorgeous though (especially the HD remake on Wii U).

#98 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I believe he talked in super mario world on the SNES as well. It's been like 20 years, but I played through every mario game out since the NES days. I know i've heard him talk way before N64.

Nope - Zero voice in SNES Mario.

Gottlieb's Mario Pinball was the first time we ever heard Charles Martinet as Mario.

#102 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'll have to replay some of the old games and see. I thought for sure there was something.

Voices were added to the GBA remakes of Super Mario World, SMB2 & 3. SNES never had voice though. Not many first party SNES games had voice. Starfox had some - "Good luck!" For Nintendo console gamers, Mario64 was the first time Mario got chatty - "It's a me, Mario!"

#104 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yea, I knew speech was far and few between on NES and SNES. I was such a treat to hear speech in a game back then. Even if it was a grabbled shitmess sometimes.

Genesis speech usually sounded like shit, but SNES was capable of pretty clear speech when developers chose to use it. Ever play Rock n Roll Racing? The constant play by play was really impressive at the time. Clayfighter had a theme song with lyrics !

#106 9 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

Pat Lawler is designing the next jjp game, and it's an original theme. That's what I've heard. So no on Zelda?

Of course....this is just wishes and dreams. Zelda isn't even a rumor & would most likely never happen.

#108 9 years ago
    Quoted from renodakota:

Side note, for everyone who has played the new 3ds zeldas do they play well as well as the 2d counterparts?
    My old lady loves the Oracles, Link's Awakening, and LTTP but she hates 3-d games and handhelds.
    Are the new 3ds and zelda games worth it for someone who has never liked handhelds and quit playing nintendo before the n64 came out?

She will LOVE Link Between Worlds for 3DS. It's overhead style like the classics, and very much like Link to the Past. It's incredible. It is handheld, though...so hopefully she can get past that. 3DS XL has a great huge screen though, and the 3D effect is awesome - especially on the *New* 3DS XL. It has facial tracking to keep the 3D more stable - you don't have to worry about the "sweet spot" so much.

Here's a solid review with lots of good footage.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-a-zelda-pin-from-jjp-just-makes-sense?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.