4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by arcademojo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1071 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1063 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0954 (resized).JPG
    MarioBros.jpg
    image.jpg
    Actionside.jpg
    Cuteside.jpg
    Marios.jpg
    131265.gif

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 years ago

i'll have to replay some of the old games and see. I thought for sure there was something.

#102 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'll have to replay some of the old games and see. I thought for sure there was something.

Voices were added to the GBA remakes of Super Mario World, SMB2 & 3. SNES never had voice though. Not many first party SNES games had voice. Starfox had some - "Good luck!" For Nintendo console gamers, Mario64 was the first time Mario got chatty - "It's a me, Mario!"

#103 4 years ago

yea, I knew speech was far and few between on NES and SNES. I was such a treat to hear speech in a game back then. Even if it was a grabbled shitmess sometimes.

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yea, I knew speech was far and few between on NES and SNES. I was such a treat to hear speech in a game back then. Even if it was a grabbled shitmess sometimes.

Genesis speech usually sounded like shit, but SNES was capable of pretty clear speech when developers chose to use it. Ever play Rock n Roll Racing? The constant play by play was really impressive at the time. Clayfighter had a theme song with lyrics !

#105 4 years ago

Pat Lawler is designing the next jjp game, and it's an original theme. That's what I've heard. So no on Zelda?

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

Pat Lawler is designing the next jjp game, and it's an original theme. That's what I've heard. So no on Zelda?

Of course....this is just wishes and dreams. Zelda isn't even a rumor & would most likely never happen.

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from Strange:

An Elvira pin, who's act is irrelevant at this point

I don't think that is necessarily true,
    Elvira may be absent from what younger generations think of as horror (shaky "found" footage) but to claim her "act" is irrelevant is harsh.
    Cassandra is an extremely influential horror icon.
    She is responsible for thousands of people enjoying or atleast acknowledging the idea of mid nite movies. She may not be the first or the last but I'd bet she's more recognizable than any other horror host.

Side note, for everyone who has played the new 3ds zeldas do they play well as well as the 2d counterparts?
    My old lady loves the Oracles, Link's Awakening, and LTTP but she hates 3-d games and handhelds.
    Are the new 3ds and zelda games worth it for someone who has never liked handhelds and quit playing nintendo before the n64 came out?

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from renodakota:

Side note, for everyone who has played the new 3ds zeldas do they play well as well as the 2d counterparts?
    My old lady loves the Oracles, Link's Awakening, and LTTP but she hates 3-d games and handhelds.
    Are the new 3ds and zelda games worth it for someone who has never liked handhelds and quit playing nintendo before the n64 came out?

She will LOVE Link Between Worlds for 3DS. It's overhead style like the classics, and very much like Link to the Past. It's incredible. It is handheld, though...so hopefully she can get past that. 3DS XL has a great huge screen though, and the 3D effect is awesome - especially on the *New* 3DS XL. It has facial tracking to keep the 3D more stable - you don't have to worry about the "sweet spot" so much.

Here's a solid review with lots of good footage.

#109 4 years ago

Cool that's what I wanted to see and hear.
    She only got into the gameboy zeldas when she saw me playing with the gamecube player on a tv.
    A friend at work let me play his new 3ds with the eye tracking and it was night and day compared to the headache I got when playing that Starfox demo.
    Thank you. I'm going to get her one.

2 weeks later
    #110 4 years ago

Just make sure NOT to use this guy for shot call-outs! LOL

1 week later
    #111 4 years ago

just for the record if you didn't see in the 8bit nintendo thread. I'm playing Zelda 2 again to see if it sucks as bad as I remember. Only played through it once when it first came out. Didn't care for it and never played it again. now I have it for gamecube, and decided to give it another try. Now I know why. sucks worse than I remember. So many bullshit cheapshots. The part that sucks the worst. When you lose all 3 lives, it puts you back at the beginning but takes away all your EXP you have received. 2 nights ago I was 20 points away from hitting the next level, was deep in a dungeon so i couldn't exploit 2 point slimes, and the red knight pulled some bullshit on me. Pissed me off. Screw adventures of link. I'll play it until I reach the ending, but damn if i'm not going to like it.

3 weeks later
    #112 4 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

Off topic but if anyone can get me one of these prints (I'll pay for it) I'll love you forever.
    http://mudron.bigcartel.com/product/map-of-hyrule

These prints are available again. Pre-order by May 31, delivery next month. I ordered one

3 years later
    #113 9 months ago

Any Zelda pinball will need this arcade right next to it for sure

IMG_0954 (resized).JPGIMG_1063 (resized).JPGIMG_1071 (resized).JPG
    #114 9 months ago
    Quoted from capguntrooper:

Any Zelda pinball will need this arcade right next to it for sure
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm in love!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 49.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 87.00
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 64.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Lermods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 45.99
    $ 269.99
    $ 5,800.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 135.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside