5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by arcademojo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1071 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1063 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0954 (resized).JPG
    MarioBros.jpg
    image.jpg
    Actionside.jpg
    Cuteside.jpg
    Marios.jpg
    131265.gif

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Did gottlieb have the license for Zelda with Gladiators? I know it was originally supposed to be Zelda, but was switched last min.

The deal fell through, and then the deal with American Gladiators fell through, hence "Gladiators."

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

Off topic but if anyone can get me one of these prints (I'll pay for it) I'll love you forever.
    http://mudron.bigcartel.com/product/map-of-hyrule

Wow. Thats the first time I've seen that print. I want that....

#53 5 years ago

Zelda would be a great pin to do regardless. I would have to buy one!

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes, because bilbo baggins is from the 60's. It's not from 1989 like zelda is. Jack was already older by this point, and being a business guy. He's not sitting around playing video games like my generation was.

The Hobbit is from the 30's. Hence by sarcastic comment. Jack isn't that old!

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

The deal fell through, and then the deal with American Gladiators fell through, hence "Gladiators."

Deal didn't fall through. Gottlieb had very short, set time tables. Not enough time to switch back.

http://www.norrispinball.com/blog/?p=30

#56 5 years ago

That was an interesting read on how gottlieb did their time tables. They had good designs on games of that era, and to do them that fast. One chance to get it all right or deal with it not being perfect. That's a lot of stress! Maybe someday he will design Zelda though!

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Wow. Thats the first time I've seen that print. I want that....

I read a post from the artist saying that he might do another run this summer. I have been unsuccessful in getting him to respond to my emails though.

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

I read a post from the artist saying that he might do another run this summer. I have been unsuccessful in getting him to respond to my emails though.

I sent an email last night too. I asked if there's going to be another run made. Fingers crossed.

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

Off topic but if anyone can get me one of these prints (I'll pay for it) I'll love you forever.

That is awesome, I want one too now. Damn you for showing me useless shit I want. I'm surprised thinkgeek doesn't have them.

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

The Hobbit is from the 30's. Hence by sarcastic comment. Jack isn't that old!

30's? I thought it was written in the 50's? WOZ is from the 30's. He has no problem relating to that one from his childhood.

Edit: Just did some research, seems the original text came out in the 30's and the revised changes were released in the 50's. Which changes how bilbo gets the ring and takes it from gollum.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

30's? I thought it was written in the 50's and released in the 60's?

It was published in 1937. LOTR was published in the mid-50's.

#62 5 years ago

If you look into Nintendo recently.. You'll see they are licensing big time, out. We have a Zelda TV show coming, New Luigi arcade to Japan. I for sure could see Nintendo seeing the resurgence of pinball and having another license. Especially now that JJP and stern have ticket redemption kits.

#63 5 years ago

I loved Zelda...I think "Star Fox" might be a better blend.

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

a Zelda TV show coming

Eh?

#65 5 years ago

The rumor is that Netflix is going to make a live action Zelda show.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/02/06/legend-of-zelda-netflix-series/

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from oopsallberrys:

The rumor is that Netflix is going to make a live action Zelda show.
    http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/02/06/legend-of-zelda-netflix-series/

OH DEAR CHRIST...NO. NO. NO.

PHILLIPS ALREADY TRIED THAT MAN, IT WAS F'IN HORRIBLE.

#67 5 years ago

They want it to be like a family game of thrones....If netflix is making it, it should be decent.

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

They want it to be like a family game of thrones....If netflix is making it, it should be decent.

That just sounds dumb to me. And don't get me wrong, Orange is the New Black and Knights of Sidonia have both been great...I haven't watched the other original stuff, but there's just something about this that doesn't sound right. Zelda just doesn't have the material in the backstory... I mean, seriously, Nintendo themselves can't even seem to get the chronology of the games sorted out, much less provide a backstory that amounts to more than a cover for "Oh hey, Ganon(derp) is back, go kill him!"

I'm hoping they're going a new direction with what they have shown of the next game but...until I see otherwise, I really don't expect there will be a real complex storyline....

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

I happen to have it but it is a keeper in my game room. I also have the Under World print and it looks like that is still on sale on his website: http://mudron.bigcartel.com/product/hyrule-map-underworld

Some other Zelda/Nintendo prints I have that look great in the game room if you can track them down:

http://www.toddslater.net/detail/Prints/the-overworld-g1988
    http://www.toddslater.net/detail/Prints/the-underworld-g1988
    http://www.toddslater.net/detail/Prints/1987-art-print
    http://www.toddslater.net/detail/Prints/1986-art-print
    http://www.toddslater.net/detail/Prints/kill-screen

#70 5 years ago

I don't want there to be a Legend of Zelda pinball machine. I like having money in my bank account

#71 5 years ago

The Legend of Zelda has to be a widebody...

#72 5 years ago

The legend of Zelda is basically the Hobbit if you think about it.

#73 5 years ago

I thought Homepin was doing a Zelda pin after Thunderbirds???

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

The legend of Zelda is basically the Hobbit if you think about it.

Please expand on this theory. I don't see it.

Quoted from Shastings:

I thought Homepin was doing a Zelda pin after Thunderbirds???

This could be interesting, where did Ya hear that?

#75 5 years ago

as someone who has played every Zelda game as it came out, I do not see the association with Hobbit and Zelda. I love both themes, but don't see any similarity.

#76 5 years ago

Meaning in simple terms its a journey through events to get to the end. Little hobbit Bilbo or girl Zelda figure if I remember correctly both with a sword portrayed in a pinball game. Seems like it would be a similar journey or layout to hobbit pin if Zelda was done. I only push for Castlevania more as it would give everyone the zombies, better artwork, and music. I imagine Zelda Is more popular but I prefer the Castelvania series.

#77 5 years ago

The biggest problem with the rumored show, is in games Link never talks.

and we can remember the "Excuse Me Princess" from the cartoon which sucked IMO

#78 5 years ago

Fuck Zelda... The obvious thing is to just make a pin out of the Super Mario Show back in the day and photoshop the F out of it for the art.

This should be the translite for the new Mario Pin:
    MarioBros.jpg

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from timtim:

The biggest problem with the rumored show, is in games Link never talks.
    and we can remember the "Excuse Me Princess" from the cartoon which sucked IMO

That is untrue. If you want to see link talk. Look at videos of the CDi zelda games.

Here's a review for your pleasure.

#80 5 years ago

A pinhead in Australia told me it was on his shortlist for game #2.

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

That is untrue. If you want to see link talk. Look at videos of the CDi zelda games.
    » YouTube video

CDi Zeldas weren't "real" Zeldas. They don't count.

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

CDi Zeldas weren't "real" Zeldas. They don't count.

And yet they still say Zelda on them, as did the cartoon.

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

And yet they still say Zelda on them, as did the cartoon.

Nintendo didn't make them. In real Nintendo Zelda games, Link never talks - not even in text. That's Nintendo's game theory....YOU are the character - therefore they don't want him to speak for you.

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Nintendo didn't make them. In real Nintendo Zelda games, Link never talks - not even in text. That's Nintendo's game theory....YOU are the character - therefore they don't want him to speak for you.

Well, to be a nitpicky bastard, there were three Zelda CD-i games and only in two of them were you Link....and Zelda does talk, frequently.

I don't really buy that whole concept anyways....clearly it's not resonating with me, as I haven't been able to be bothered to finish Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, or Skyward Sword... gameplay of the previous games was what got me, but it's just not ringing true with the more recent stuff.

#85 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Well, to be a nitpicky bastard, there were three Zelda CD-i games and only in two of them were you Link....and Zelda does talk, frequently.
    I don't really buy that whole concept anyways....clearly it's not resonating with me, as I haven't been able to be bothered to finish Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, or Skyward Sword... gameplay of the previous games was what got me, but it's just not ringing true with the more recent stuff.

Have you played A Link Between Worlds on 3DS? It's absolutely fantastic.... a true 'sequel' to SNES Link to the Past in terms of style & gameplay. Classic overhead style Zelda is my jam. I've played a few of the open world ones (Ocarina and Wind Waker) and find them a bit more frustrating than the classic style. Wind Waker is gorgeous though (especially the HD remake on Wii U).

#86 5 years ago

Haven't gotten around to it yet. Been very busy with pinball, can't even finish the games I already own. I finished OOT and Wind Waker, and even Spirit Tracks.

#87 5 years ago

A video game theme would be cool. Die hard Nintendo fans would want Zelda or Metroid. Any of the classic games would be neat...Castlevania, Contra, Mega Man.

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

» YouTube video

man i've actually played those, just terrible.

#89 5 years ago
    Quoted from timtim:

I own them. = p

#90 5 years ago
    Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

A video game theme would be cool. Die hard Nintendo fans would want Zelda or Metroid. Any of the classic games would be neat...Castlevania, Contra, Mega Man.

I would probably buy any one/all of those NIB.

#91 5 years ago
    Quoted from timtim:

I remember when the CDi came out. In fact I think my mom bought it. But took it back because it wasn't as interactive as initially thought.

#92 5 years ago

I remember paying almost $500 for the CDI because I saw the 7th Guest and couldn't believe the graphics, but I couldn't believe the bastardization CDI made of the Zelda games. They were terrible and don't count as real Zelda games in my opinion. The old school Zelda's up to Link To The Past on the SNES were the best! I can only imagine what a Zelda themed pinball machine would be like.

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fintan_Stack:

One thing that could be a stumbling point though would be call outs. While Zelda has some outstanding musical scores there is virtually no audible dialogue as the main characters are never heard. Could be tricky.

Mario had no voice up until his pinball machine came out. Just saying

(Minus Lou Albano from the cartoon)

#96 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

mario has talked in games before.

Which one? I mean I could be wrong but the first one I remember hearing him talk in was Mario 64.

#97 5 years ago

I believe he talked in super mario world on the SNES as well. It's been like 20 years, but I played through every mario game out since the NES days. I know i've heard him talk way before N64.

#98 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I believe he talked in super mario world on the SNES as well. It's been like 20 years, but I played through every mario game out since the NES days. I know i've heard him talk way before N64.

Nope - Zero voice in SNES Mario.

Gottlieb's Mario Pinball was the first time we ever heard Charles Martinet as Mario.

#99 5 years ago

If the rumored Elvira JJP game exists and comes before a Nintendo title or something of the like I'm really gonna think trying to evolve pinball is a joke. An Elvira pin, who's act is irrelevant at this point, would be making the same type of pin for the same type of pinhead. Do something NEW and try to find a new audience...

#100 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Hotel Mario on the CDI...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pindependent
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 107.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 169.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 11.00
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 16.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside