(Topic ID: 228614)

Why a TAF Remake Would Sell Very Well - Poll

By rogerdodger

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why a TAF Remake Would Sell Very Well - Poll”

• I don't have a TAF and would buy a remake 141 votes
      37%
    • I already have a TAF but would still buy a remake 15 votes
      4%
    • I already have a TAF, so wouldn't buy a remake 76 votes
      20%
    • I have no interest in TAF 145 votes
      38%

(377 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3F02D50F-6402-40B3-9DC3-AF39E803BF0A (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    __1__72655.1488825058 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

There’s unteen thousands TAFs in the wild. Do you really think TAFr would sell? There are many more deserving games in limited numbers; BBB for example.

I think you’re crossing up demand with what you’d personally like to see remade (“more deserving games”). If CGC we’re doing remakes “for the good of pinball” they’d certainly focus on remaking rare games that most players have never even seen. But they want to maximize profits, so better known games that were in wide circulation and therefore have strong nostalgia value are a safe bet. TAF fits the bill, it was arguably the most popular pinball of all time and if people will regularly pay $5-$6k for a used one, I have no trouble believing they’d pay $6-$7k for a new one. I’m not interested myself, but it would seem like a reasonable business decision for CGC if they want to sell a bunch of machines.

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You guys know there aren't actually 20,000 Addams families out there, right?

Totally. But it's still safe to assume there are hundreds or thousands more TAFs out there than of the other A-list B/W titles. And the fact that they can still fetch $6k shows very high demand for this game despite the fact that they're relatively plentiful. This is why the entire argument that "there are thousands of them and they're readily available, therefore a remake should never happen" never made sense to me. There's no risk that TAF's high prices are driven by rarity and demand might evaporate once they're freely available (I'd be a little worried about this if I were remaking BBB or CC). TAF, TZ, and IJ would all be no-brainers for CGC if the licensing can be worked out.

#90 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

if you really want a nice TAF, you can find one $8k. A lot have gone for sale for less than that - nice ones. It’s not an ultra rare game

No one disagrees with anything you are saying. The point is that rarity alone has little to do with how well a remake will sell. All that matters is whether there will be sufficient demand at the remake price point. For reasons repeated ad nausem in this thread (popularity, nostalgia, high price despite relatively large supply) it seems likely there’d be strong demand for a $6k TAF remake.

#114 5 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

IDK why I keep checking this topic, I can't afford even a TAF project let alone a re-make.

A TAF remake would presumably drive down prices on project machines at least a bit, so there's hope!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-a-taf-family-remake-would-sell-very-well-poll?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.