(Topic ID: 228614)

Why a TAF Remake Would Sell Very Well - Poll

By rogerdodger

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why a TAF Remake Would Sell Very Well - Poll”

• I don't have a TAF and would buy a remake 141 votes
      37%
    • I already have a TAF but would still buy a remake 15 votes
      4%
    • I already have a TAF, so wouldn't buy a remake 76 votes
      20%
    • I have no interest in TAF 145 votes
      38%

(377 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3F02D50F-6402-40B3-9DC3-AF39E803BF0A (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    __1__72655.1488825058 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bublehead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 5 years ago

What I don’t understand is the vehemence against people who think TAFr is viable. The argument against remaking TAF has nothing to do with what is or is not available on the market currently. The market is there and it is a renewed interest in pinball, 90’s B/W machines, and instead of trying to find someone willing to part with a nice HUO, or a refurbished, or basket case looking for some sweet love, the market wants shiny NIB TAF and are willing to part with at least $6000 to $8000 to get one. Those remaining originals from the 20k+ original runs have homes right now... not that many nice ones are moving around. You want a really nice TAF? I think CGC is your best hope and best shot. So why argue? Its pointless and doesnt help us get any new TAF’s manufactured. Not speaking for anyone else here except those like me... someone with $8000 and looking for someone to take my money.

#98 5 years ago

For those CQ people out there, who play only 1 game a month, change out there pinballs after 120 plays, wax and clean it prior to every play session, re-rubber everything every spring, and have every key fob, speaker knock out, poster, flyer, spare translite, pf, and cabinet side art, plus autographs of every designer, engineer, and every drill jig lady who lifted a finger putting it together, plus every tiny LED lit doll house figurine mod that even remotely ties in with the original theme, plus a 3 hour unboxing video on Yourube that has 32 views, plus 47 posts on facebook and a Snapchat album that chronicle the journey of your machine from factory loading dock, till its parked in your game room.

Yeah, for this person. Thats who will buy one.

#104 5 years ago

I am a collector, but not for value, only for play. If a machine wasn’t fun, why own it? I bought my Pinbot, Bride and FGy because they were fun to play. Now I did get a flyer, a spare NOS pf, NOS translite (signed by B.O.), a NOS spiral ramp, a target carrier, a NOS visor, a spare NOS plastics set, NOS drop tagets decals, I have the sticker patches and their plastic counterparts, but I am missing the key fob. I have a poster of the BG. For Bride I have a NOS Heart ramp signed by Python A., and a flyer, and a nice clear resin cast paper weight Diamond BOP distributor promo. For Family guy, I got a topper, a NOS pf, a set of all the character toys, a plastics set, and a sticker sheet. Now did I collect all this to increase the value of my machines? Nope. I came across most of this stuff at Pin Expo, friendly distributors cleaning out their back rooms, and casual talk amoungst players, and people offering stuff they have just sitting around. I bought all the extra parts as insurance against breakage, and wear, and it has worked out so far, nothing has broke. Now with pf’s getting rediculously expensive, I might sell them and use the money on a new machine. How much are they getting for NOS Pinbot pf’s? Yes, some of us have been doing this a little while

#110 5 years ago

LMAO... that was really good...

#118 5 years ago

@captain-flint, not certain CGC would take on TZ so soon, they like their $6K,$7K,$8K pricing structure and there is absolutely no way in hell they will take on TZ’s BOM at those price points. TAF BOM fits closer to those pp’s so I expect it to be in the front of TZ. Still all speculation though...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bublehead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-a-taf-family-remake-would-sell-very-well-poll?tu=bublehead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.