10 days ago

Topic Stats

• 127 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by rai
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why a TAF Remake Would Sell Very Well - Poll”

• I don't have a TAF and would buy a remake 132 votes
      36%
    • I already have a TAF but would still buy a remake 15 votes
      4%
    • I already have a TAF, so wouldn't buy a remake 74 votes
      20%
    • I have no interest in TAF 142 votes
      39%

(363 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3F02D50F-6402-40B3-9DC3-AF39E803BF0A (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    __1__72655.1488825058 (resized).jpg

There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 5 days ago
    Quoted from jkleinnd:

I hate the remakes because they affect the value of the classic originals, and I hope it stops before every B/W gets a clone.

I totally get this..I gave up, sold all my cq's. got more then enough money for the remakes now. (Whenever they make the ones I want) 1st was mbr LE

#102 5 days ago

If a remake somehow makes you feel like your MM, AFM, MB or maybe even someday TAF is less special maybe that's a personal issue.

#103 5 days ago

Remakes will lower the cost of used TAF so even if you are fine buying a players condition pin, it should be cheaper across the board after the remake.

Only people who should care are owners who want to sell. If it’s a keeper than it really shouldn’t matter what it’s worth.

IMO.

I’m kind of meh on MB and CC and CV and TotAN but I’ll buy a TAF remake.

#104 5 days ago

I am a collector, but not for value, only for play. If a machine wasn’t fun, why own it? I bought my Pinbot, Bride and FGy because they were fun to play. Now I did get a flyer, a spare NOS pf, NOS translite (signed by B.O.), a NOS spiral ramp, a target carrier, a NOS visor, a spare NOS plastics set, NOS drop tagets decals, I have the sticker patches and their plastic counterparts, but I am missing the key fob. I have a poster of the BG. For Bride I have a NOS Heart ramp signed by Python A., and a flyer, and a nice clear resin cast paper weight Diamond BOP distributor promo. For Family guy, I got a topper, a NOS pf, a set of all the character toys, a plastics set, and a sticker sheet. Now did I collect all this to increase the value of my machines? Nope. I came across most of this stuff at Pin Expo, friendly distributors cleaning out their back rooms, and casual talk amoungst players, and people offering stuff they have just sitting around. I bought all the extra parts as insurance against breakage, and wear, and it has worked out so far, nothing has broke. Now with pf’s getting rediculously expensive, I might sell them and use the money on a new machine. How much are they getting for NOS Pinbot pf’s? Yes, some of us have been doing this a little while

#105 5 days ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

I am a collector, but not for value, only for play. If a machine wasn’t fun, why own it? I bought my Pinbot, Bride and FGy because they were fun to play. Now I did get a flyer, a spare NOS pf, NOS translite (signed by B.O.), a NOS spiral ramp, a target carrier, a NOS visor, a spare NOS plastics set, NOS drop tagets decals, I have the sticker patches and their plastic counterparts, but I am missing the key fob. I have a poster of the BG. For Bride I have a NOS Heart ramp signed by Python A., and a flyer, and a nice clear resin cast paper weight Diamond BOP distributor promo. For Family guy, I got a topper, a NOS pf, a set of all the character toys, a plastics set, and a sticker sheet. Now did I collect all this to increase the value of my machines? Nope. I came across most of this stuff at Pin Expo, friendly distributors cleaning out their back rooms, and casual talk amoungst players, and people offering stuff they have just sitting around. I bought all the extra parts as insurance against breakage, and wear, and it has worked out so far, nothing has broke. Now with pf’s getting rediculously expensive, I might sell them and use the money on a new machine. How much are they getting for NOS Pinbot pf’s? Yes, some of us have been doing this a little while

What’s that have to do with anything we are discussing?

#106 5 days ago
    Quoted from rai:

What’s that have to do with anything we are discussing?

ROFL

#107 5 days ago

3F02D50F-6402-40B3-9DC3-AF39E803BF0A (resized).png

#108 5 days ago
    Quoted from rai:

[quoted image]

yep, my bad...been gone for awhile

#109 5 days ago

...UH

That was pretty damn funny.

#110 4 days ago

LMAO... that was really good...

#111 4 days ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

yep, my bad...been gone for awhile

Sorry that wasn’t directed at your post.

#112 4 days ago
    Quoted from rai:

Sorry that wasn’t directed at your post.

Ha..I got that..NP, I was referring to what you were saying about the other post.

#113 4 days ago

IDK why I keep checking this topic, I can't afford even a TAF project let alone a re-make.

#114 4 days ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

IDK why I keep checking this topic, I can't afford even a TAF project let alone a re-make.

A TAF remake would presumably drive down prices on project machines at least a bit, so there's hope!

#115 4 days ago

It will sell if made. I'm guessing it will sell more than all the other remakes combined. Hey, just guessing though: not willing to bet money

Personally, I would love to see this happen as I have missed my TAF since I sold it 12 years ago. Yeah, I know, I could have re-bought it since then because they do come up for sale at regular intervals, but the right one at the right time and place has eluded me.

Now I think I'm just going to hold out and take a wait-and-see approach on the remake.

Terry

#116 4 days ago

Not an Addams fan but this is something I'd like to see remade.
    TAF with new lighting effects, XXL-Display with enhanced graphics and new sound would surely attract lots of customers.
    I wonder if they had access to the original voice recordings for better quality.

#117 4 days ago

I think a Twilight Zone would sell better, plus they could make the Black and White trim option! CGC would sell out so very quickly.

#118 4 days ago

captain-flint, not certain CGC would take on TZ so soon, they like their $6K,$7K,$8K pricing structure and there is absolutely no way in hell they will take on TZ’s BOM at those price points. TAF BOM fits closer to those pp’s so I expect it to be in the front of TZ. Still all speculation though...

#119 4 days ago
    Quoted from Captain-Flint:

I think a Twilight Zone would sell better, plus they could make the Black and White trim option! CGC would sell out so very quickly.

TZ is my favorite game but disagree. TAF appeals to a wider audience. I bet a lot of non-pinheads would buy TAF where TZ is more for the serious pinhead. Both would look amazing with upgrades to lighting, trim, and playfield toys.

#120 4 days ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

It will sell if made. I'm guessing it will sell more than all the other remakes combined. Hey, just guessing though: not willing to bet money
    Personally, I would love to see this happen as I have missed my TAF since I sold it 12 years ago. Yeah, I know, I could have re-bought it since then because they do come up for sale at regular intervals, but the right one at the right time and place has eluded me.
    Now I think I'm just going to hold out and take a wait-and-see approach on the remake.
    Terry

I couldn't agree more, Terry. Out of the 100 or more pins I've restored over the years, MB was #1, AFM was #2 and TAF was #3. We also have a local retailer that's been selling games for years and TAF is BY FAR the most in demand title they've ever had.

#121 3 days ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
    There has been some chatter recently about the possibility that a TAF remake will be the next release from CGC. Even though I have owned (and sold) 3 TAFs in the past, I would buy a remake in a heartbeat.
    Even though the original sold over 20K units, here's why I think a remake would be a great success.
    I would imagine that the majority of TAFs out there are well worn but they still fetch very good money so, clearly, it is a very desirable pin to own.
    If there were a remake, even those who currently have a nice TAF would want a remake (that brand new feeling, with all the bells and whistles) and would then sell their old TAF (at much reduced prices, due to the remake) to others who would like to own a TAF but can't afford the remake prices.
    I somewhat liken this to new cars. There are enough people who change their cars every few years for the latest model of the car they already have, with the new car smell and all the latest bells & whistles. Their old car is then recycled to the ones who can't afford a new car. No difference, really.
    Just my opinion, so no flames, please.

Here's why I think you're wrong.

Unit-wise, I think that's the least plausible argument you can make. CGC has been focusing on the low number WPC95 games right now. I'd expect the 4th game to be CC with completed code or BBB, both of which lead the polls on the thread about the #4 CGC game.
    Fair enough, TAFs may be beaten up, but they make excellent project pins. I bought mine dirt cheap, but it was terrible. I bought most assemblies new, cleaned what I couldn't buy, and fixed anything that needed fixing. CPR and Mirco just did a run of TAF playfields, that was one of the factors that led to my purchase of TAF.
    I don't think there's much evidence for downward pressure on prices despite the release of remake games. I'm in the market for a Medieval Madness and would buy anything under 6k (does happen rarely). I've been going through listings and don't see anything below 8.5k, and not much below 9k. Even the occasional pinside listing in the US oscillates around 9k.

#122 3 days ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Terry

Terry
    How about an all Black and White Addams Family!!!!!!!

#123 3 days ago

Ahhh. If only Williams/Bally would stop making silly slot machines and re-enter the hobby at such a glorious time where people are debating whether a game they made 20,000 of, from a movie 27 years ago, will be remade.

One thing's for sure, it would throw everyone for a loop, including Stern. I still think Pin2k is underrated and that they were onto something, almost 20 years later, it was way ahead of it's time.

#124 3 days ago

I think I’ll start saving for one.. and if not maybe a project will be affordable by then.

#125 3 days ago

Bring on BBBr

#126 2 days ago

Interesting to see TAF on more Pinsider's wishlists than even MB.
    Wally

MOST WISHED
    The games that most often appear on Pinsider wishlists.
    1 Twilight Zone
    Bally, 1332
    wishlists
    2 Medieval Madness
    Williams, 1291
    wishlists
    3 The Addams Family
    Bally, 1276
    wishlists
    4 Monster Bash
    Williams, 1176
    wishlists
    5 Theatre of Magic
    Bally, 1175
    wishlists
    6 Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure
    Williams, 1170
    wishlists
    7 Tales of the Arabian Nights
    Williams, 1050
    wishlists
    8 Attack from Mars
    Bally, 1011
    wishlists
    9 White Water
    Williams, 1010
    wishlists
    10 FunHouse
    Williams, 932
    wishlists

#127 2 days ago

I’d most likely buy one, but I’m not in any hurry because I just bought 4 new pins in the past 12 months so I’m kinda in a wait mode anyhow. Glad it was MB now because I don’t want that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 57.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    $ 229.99
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 217.00
    There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside