Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by jamespin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Best day to meet for you at Allentown”

• Friday 8 votes
      44%
    • Friday evening 4 votes
      22%
    • Saturday 6 votes
      33%
    • Saturday afternoon 0 votes

(18 votes)

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

This will be the first time I get up to any of the pinball shows, so I am looking forward to it. Hope to pick up my AFM PHX decals from Jack James, the pinlift bracket for the Craftsman cycle jack and whatever else that I cannot think of now.

Also looking forward to meeting others on the forum going there.

Has anyone started planning a meet and greet? Or how do you guys usually go about this?

Dan

#2 12 years ago

You'll recognize me right away. I'll be the guy in the leopard skin bikini briefs, and the pink sombrero.

At that point, you'll have to decide whether to greet me because I'm on pinside, or avoid me cuz I'm nuts.

-Jon

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

You'll recognize me right away. I'll be the guy in the leopard skin bikini briefs, and the pink sombrero.
    At that point, you'll have to decide whether to greet me because I'm on pinside, or avoid me cuz I'm nuts.-Jon

I didn't realize that there was a dress code for these things.

Dan

#4 12 years ago

LOL! I'll be there Dan Friday for sure and possibly heading back again Saturday.

#5 12 years ago

I am going friday afternoon and saturday. Can't wait!

#6 12 years ago

I'm going - all day Saturday.

RussMyers

#7 12 years ago

I'll be there on Saturday....if Philly is still in the PO's by than I'll be the one in a FLYERS jersey and 3 weeks worth of a full grown hockey beard. We will see about that one. This will be my first show as well...looking forward to it and picking up my next pin.

#8 12 years ago

I'll be there Saturday. Of course I'll be wearing a Hawaiian Shirt. If there is a PA System, maybe someone will make an announcement and all the Pinsiders can meet at, let's say 3pm?

#9 12 years ago

I was going sat but plans have changed. Going friday. I will be there all day.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I'll be there Saturday. Of course I'll be wearing a Hawaiian Shirt. If there is a PA System, maybe someone will make an announcement and all the Pinsiders can meet at, let's say 3pm?

That's a good idea. Any objections out there?

Dan

#11 12 years ago

I'll be there all weekend. Anyone else staying at the Hyatt? Going to bring a pin for the free admission. Dan, how about adding a poll to see what day works better for people. Fri or Sat.

#12 12 years ago

I figure by that time we'll be ready for food and beer....

#13 12 years ago

If a bunch would like to go to dinner, I'd be happy to hunt down a place. It would be important to know what people would want to spend: greasy spoon, bar food, nice place, etc?

Dan

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

At that point, you'll have to decide whether to greet me because I'm on pinside, or avoid me cuz I'm nuts.

-Jon

Jon:

if you want to come to dinner, can you bring a change of clothing?

Dan

#15 12 years ago

A while ago, someone here said they had a place and was going to set something up. I don't remember who....

#16 12 years ago

Was hoping to bump into local Pinsiders there on Saturday, but it's the wife's birthday and I'll need to be back around noon-ish. I'll be there Friday, possibly Friday night.

Hmm ... that reminds me of a poll: Pinball, or Wife?

#17 12 years ago

I will be there both days russ lets meet up.you helped mmme with my tftc would like to buy you a beer.

#18 12 years ago

Tilted Kilt on Lehigh Street. That was the suggestion. Food is pretty good, but you don't go for the food really....

I'll be working at the show before hand getting set up and during.

#19 12 years ago

I will be there all day. Getting there around 8:30 to set up Hulk in free play, which will be going home with Pinballerchef. Game needs to stay until 5:30 and I would like to be bringing home a new project with me too so later would be better I think for getting together for food. Jespo will be with me as well

Don't think I will stand out too much. I'm a jeans and white t shirt kinda guy. My tattoo sleeve on my right arm and other tattoos might make me noticeable. Sleeve is graveyard scene and I have a flaming VW logo above it. Flaming dice and deceptions on my left forearm and a stick figure on my left bicep

I think I can spot Ted with all the photos of him with celebrities I see pop up!

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

Tilted Kilt on Lehigh Street

I'll have to look that place up - thanks jackal2001

#21 12 years ago

Maybe that's where we can all meet...by your Hulk machine!

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Maybe that's where we can all meet...by your Hulk machine!

Sounds good to me

I think they opened one of these titled kilts in CT a week or two ago. I hear it's basicly a hooters with kilts?

#23 12 years ago

So, 3 PM at Jim's Hulk on Saturday. What about 7 PM on Friday for those who will be there also?

Dan

#24 12 years ago

so are you going to find out the truth behind the legend of the kilts? knickers or no knickers? Better get out the old shoe mirrors...

#25 12 years ago

Now wait a minute....they are GIRLS wearing the kilts...right??

#26 12 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Now wait a minute....they are GIRLS wearing the kilts...right??

Are the kilts if girls wear them or skirts?

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

bigehrl said:You'll recognize me right away. I'll be the guy in the leopard skin bikini briefs, and the pink sombrero.
    -Jon
    Jon:
    if you want to come to dinner, can you bring a change of clothing?
    Dan

ha!

my first good laugh all day. thanks!

-jon

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from Blakesell:

so are you going to find out the truth behind the legend of the kilts? knickers or no knickers? Better get out the old shoe mirrors...

Sounds like Pee Wee's Pinball Playhouse.

Dan

#30 12 years ago

3pm by the HULK machine sounds good to me. HULK. SMASH.HULK CRUSH.

Thers is a tilted kilt here in bmore....good bar food...great selection of beers...and a variety of babes in their tight, little outfits. Good times abound!

#31 12 years ago

You had me at babes.............

#33 12 years ago

Im there.

#34 12 years ago

I may be there Saturday morning/early afternoon. Depends on my unpredictable work schedule.

#35 12 years ago

You better find meeee!

#36 12 years ago

I will be there. I will be bringing the following for sale and free play

South Park
    Addams Family
    Tales of the Arabian Nights
    Funhouse (for cointakers booth)

possibly, also and /or Terminator 2, Big Guns, Stargate

I will be there with my brother in-law and 9 year old son. Stop me and say hi. I love the idea of a PA announcment.

BTW, anyone know how early I can set up in the freeplay area on Friday? I want to give myself enough time to get the machines ready in case of any issues after traveling 4 plus hours.

#37 12 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

You better find meeee!

I'll definitely look you up Ted and anybody else that wants to have a little Pinside Pow Wow.

#38 12 years ago

I'm heading up Saturday, will try and meet everyone at the Hulk

#39 12 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I don't think you will be able to hear the PA over the crowd and pin noise.

#40 12 years ago

If no PA...and I thought I remember hearing one last show. Plan B...Hulk at 3pm...

#41 12 years ago

Show Details
    •Show schedule for this event will be:
    •Thursday (setup only for vendors and free play) 1:00pm to 9:00pm
    ◦Friday May 4th from 12:00 pm to 9:00 pm
    ◦Saturday May 5th From 9:00 am to 8:00 pm

Fees for participation are as followed:
    ■General Admission per day is $17 for adults 12 and older
    ■Children under 12 are $7 and under 5 are free

#42 12 years ago

I'm in for Friday evening or Friday day if we can swing something.

Bill

#43 12 years ago

i'll be there friday afternoon and if it's good I'll be going back saturday...it's my 1st pinfest and I'm trying to get my list of needed parts together...can't wait...

#44 12 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

I will be there. I will be bringing the following for sale and free play
    South Park
    Addams Family
    Tales of the Arabian Nights
    Funhouse (for cointakers booth)
    possibly, also and /or Terminator 2, Big Guns, Stargate
    I will be there with my brother in-law and 9 year old son. Stop me and say hi. I love the idea of a PA announcment.
    BTW, anyone know how early I can set up in the freeplay area on Friday? I want to give myself enough time to get the machines ready in case of any issues after traveling 4 plus hours.

I was told they will be there 7 am Saturday for free play. Not sure about Friday. I'd guess 2 hours prior to show opening? How much for your games? I need to bring something home

#45 12 years ago

Yeah, prices please...or, at least, ball park...

#46 12 years ago

Hey guys, yeah I was the one who suggested the Tilted Kilt. I was planning on being there Friday and Saturday. Saturday is kinda up in the air. I kinda need to be in York on Saturday, but I am meeting up with someone that day to take delivery of my SoF. Depending on what time they get there I may have to go to York on Sunday. I was planning on having my SoF at the convention set-up for free play but things didn't work out for me to get it earlier.

So hope to meet some of you guys at some point in time. If Tilted Kilt is ok let me know and I will see if I can set up something or if you guys wanna do something closer.

#47 12 years ago

I thought you said it was close. Not within walking distance?

#48 12 years ago

About a 5-10 minute drive for tilted kilt. I've only been there for lunch but I would expect it to be packed on a Fri-Sat night.

#49 12 years ago

I'm sure a few of youz will have big SUV's.....

#50 12 years ago

Diesel VW wagon here. With a pin in the back I have one spare seat. Thought Jespo was going to be my copilot but he forgot he has other things going on that weekend. Waiting to see if anyone else needs a ride down. I will be leaving here around 5 AM

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whose-going-to-allentown/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.