(Topic ID: 174976)

Who's still waiting for their pre-ordered Hobbit delivery?

By Bostonbuzz

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3835 (resized).PNG
HobShip (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gotaquestion.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

I love JJP but their guesses at delivery dates, customer service, and communication are EXTREMELY poor. I recently bought a WoZRR from factory, was told 1 month lead time, and it ended up being almost 2. Which is not bad at all considering the absolute horror stories I've heard - but is relevant to my next paragraph.

They're advertising "order now and get your machine by the holidays!" which I can only assume means Christmas. Assuming a best-case shipping scenario of 3 days, and no shipping on Christmas Eve... how on earth are they planning to get a huge pile of orders out the door in what amounts to 12-13 business days before machines HAVE to be on a truck or that window is gone. They were off by 18 days on my single machine. I can't see it happening.

While waiting for my game I had to email every 3-4 days during just to figure out what the heck was going on. JJP is not pro-active about communicating, you have to basically nag them or sit in total darkness. I was told 4 different days in 4 different weeks that my machine was coming off the line "today". And then one day it just suddenly shipped. I really love my machine and it was worth the "work" to get it to arrive, but man do those holiday promises not fit my experiences.

#6 7 years ago

^ that's the direction I'll be going with future machines. My WoZ was my first so I figured I'd get a shiny new one hot off the press. While I was waiting I came to my senses and realized distributors have shiny new ones in a box too, with no lead time. Next time

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 25.50
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gotaquestion.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whos-still-waiting-for-their-pre-ordered-hobbit-delivery?tu=gotaquestion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.