(Topic ID: 174976)

Who's still waiting for their pre-ordered Hobbit delivery?

By Bostonbuzz

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3835 (resized).PNG
HobShip (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Curious as to how many people here on PS have yet to get the call from JJP telling them their Hobbit is finished and ready to ship. I'm still waiting...my pin was ordered 8/2/03.

#2 7 years ago

I took over someone else's pre-order back in August, and was told delivery by end of September. Still waiting. They're now saying machine will be complete end of next week. I don't mind waiting, but if JJP are behind schedule how about being upfront, honest, and communicating with your valued customers.

Can't fault the quality of the product, but gee whiz their customer service and communication is lacking.

Oh and 2003 is a decent wait!!

#3 7 years ago

I love JJP but their guesses at delivery dates, customer service, and communication are EXTREMELY poor. I recently bought a WoZRR from factory, was told 1 month lead time, and it ended up being almost 2. Which is not bad at all considering the absolute horror stories I've heard - but is relevant to my next paragraph.

They're advertising "order now and get your machine by the holidays!" which I can only assume means Christmas. Assuming a best-case shipping scenario of 3 days, and no shipping on Christmas Eve... how on earth are they planning to get a huge pile of orders out the door in what amounts to 12-13 business days before machines HAVE to be on a truck or that window is gone. They were off by 18 days on my single machine. I can't see it happening.

While waiting for my game I had to email every 3-4 days during just to figure out what the heck was going on. JJP is not pro-active about communicating, you have to basically nag them or sit in total darkness. I was told 4 different days in 4 different weeks that my machine was coming off the line "today". And then one day it just suddenly shipped. I really love my machine and it was worth the "work" to get it to arrive, but man do those holiday promises not fit my experiences.

#4 7 years ago

To those waiting.

HobShip (resized).jpgHobShip (resized).jpg

#5 7 years ago

Buy from local distributors avoid the long waits

#6 7 years ago

^ that's the direction I'll be going with future machines. My WoZ was my first so I figured I'd get a shiny new one hot off the press. While I was waiting I came to my senses and realized distributors have shiny new ones in a box too, with no lead time. Next time

#7 7 years ago

apears only you!

#8 7 years ago

I paid for my Smaug on a Monday and had mine 4 days later. Not sure how a company can do this to valued customers. Hopefully, no one continues to pre-order.

#9 7 years ago

I could have done the same but by waiting a few months after the games were announced before pre-ordering both my WOZECLE and Hobbit LE I look at it this way...get the latest software, most if not all the bugs worked out, the latest hardware changes implemented and I saved some serious coinage...but...I never expected to have to wait this long for my Hobbit. I thought things would be easier and faster for them to produce a new pin the second time around.

I know the wait will be worth it but it's not easy this waiting around thing.

#10 7 years ago

Well, according to this email I just got from JJP if you order one from them now, you'll get it before Xmas.

<paste>

Bring One Home for
the Holidays!

Order any of our Hobbit or WOZ games today and receive them in time for the holidays! Financing available.

Shop now - While supplies last!

<end>

So if you're a new customer, they'll be happy to take your money and send you a game.

rd

IMG_3835 (resized).PNGIMG_3835 (resized).PNG

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Bostonbuzz:

and I saved some serious coinage...

I highly doubt that. Plus 3 years waiting, no thanks.

#12 7 years ago

What a low blow sending out a email saying if you buy a hobbit now u get by XMas... I have been waiting forever for my Smaug still. It's been so long I would have to look up when I placed the order years ago. Never again will I order direct FBS

#13 7 years ago

I believe we still have 15 or so in Stock. Smaug's too. Crazy customers are still waiting for them. We've had them several months now.

#14 7 years ago

I learned my lesson about pre-ordering when I was 7.

We pre-ordered PAC-MAN for Atari 2600. It took forever to arrive, and by the time it did we all knew how terrible it was already

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Bostonbuzz:

I'm still waiting...my pin was ordered 8/2/03.

I know it SEEMS like you've been waiting a long time, but it's definitely not been 13 years!

#16 7 years ago

We have Hobbits in stock and ready to ship at unbelievable pricing.

#17 7 years ago

Waiting in line for 3years and 8months so far. Tick Tock.

#18 7 years ago

That's BS! I would get my preorder money back and just get one that is in stock from a reputable distributor.

#19 7 years ago

Fwiw the last of the preorders are on the playfield line right now. The next build is supposed to be Black Arrows which, as you know, are recent orders by definition. WOZ has its own playfield line so Hobbit is still on the main line until Dialed In is ready.

#20 7 years ago

I'm new to the scene so I didn't know distributors get in on the pre pre pre-order game. Common folk on a pre-order list are actually 2nd in line which doesn't really sound so bad until you think about how many units distributors buy. I'll be smarter with my next purchase

Quoted from GravitaR:

Have you tried contacting Jack? I was getting bad estimates on delivery dates from The "other" folks answering emails. Reaching out to Jack got my order shipped the very next day. Good luck.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

That's BS! I would get my preorder money back and just get one that is in stock from a reputable distributor.

Not just the preorder money. Demand the interest he'd have gained over the better part of 4 years had he kept the money in a bank lol

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Hi! Can you please email me so I can give you an update on your game! Thanks! [email protected]

3 weeks later
#22 7 years ago

Our Hobbit was delivered and set up Christmas Eve in the morning. Three years and four months of patiently waiting (for the most part) for our preorder to arrive. Now that it's here I must say it was worth the wait. So far the game has played flawlessly. I thought the game would be good but it has far surpassed my families expectations. It is in my mind an instant classic with great game play...there's just so much to do. With a few more final code tweak's in the works it appears JJP will have produced another total winner.

I personally want to thank you Jack for helping me with delivery and set up...you are a man of your word. A quick shout out to Jen and all at JJP too!

#23 7 years ago

Squeaky wheel gets the grease??

1 week later
#24 7 years ago

Ordered mine very early in the process. Just been delivered to the uk. Worth the wait and gained on the weakness of GBP in the meantime.

#25 7 years ago

We have Hobbits in stock - all our pre-orders have been filled. I don't suggest anyone cancel an order with factory as I'm sure your games are going to shipping soon, but if else anyone is looking for a game to buy we have every flavor available - New In Box LE / Smaugs both with and without Rad Cals... Discounts available - We have a few show games too opened up for the York show that are $ 500 off since they aren't NIB. Come and get 'em : )
[email protected]
Joe Newhart
570-357-0042

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whos-still-waiting-for-their-pre-ordered-hobbit-delivery and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.