11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Kgroff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Anyone in the northeast have their games hooked up to a generator? I am not concerned so much about the amount of snow that will fall, but it's the 50+ mph winds that will hit central NH (75+ on the coast) that will knock out the power. I've got a gen that powers up the gameroom, so I can stay entertained while Mother Nature takes a big dump on us, but I'm wondering who else has this setup?

Right now I wish I owned a Wipeout

#2 11 years ago

I have my games in my basement and Yes they are all hooked up to the generator!

Mainly because sump pumps I guess but last storm I played some pinball to relieve some stress while the power was out. I probably will play some tonight and then tomorrow after shoveling and building a snowman in the yard, it's all for the kids!

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Anyone in the northeast have their games hooked up to a generator?

I got my Avengers LE going right now. We are hooked up to a generator. I wonder if it is safe to run the game on generator power? I don't want to blow any fuses. It should be fine though since the entire house can run on the gnereator save the AC and Dryer and Oven. Hopefully things won't be bad here in Concord,NH

#4 11 years ago

Im in Hoboken.. I'll be eating and playing FT all weekend

#5 11 years ago

My generator is hooked up to a transfer switch next to the main breaker in the garge.

I have the 8 most important breakers wired to it, one of which is my office.

Coincidently, my pins are in my office....

Taking a ride out in a bit to fill a gas can or two, just in case.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from LitzDoc:

We are hooked up to a generator. I wonder if it is safe to run the game on generator power?

I have the same setup as you. Our electrician wired the whole house to the generator, but only the dryer is off limits. He said not to go crazy turning everything on, but a couple pins running while normal house stuff is running will be fine.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Kgroff:

Im in Hoboken.. I'll be eating and playing FT all weekend

Isn't that the same town that Cake Boss is in? I'd be eating baked goods all day

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Isn't that the same town that Cake Boss is in? I'd be eating baked goods all day

Same town. Maybe I should try to get buddy over to bake WHILE I play FT

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whos-playing-pinball-in-the-blizzard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.