Topic Stats

• 225 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

jjpcolor_(resized).jpg
dmdcolor_(resized).jpg
dmdblackandwhite_(resized).jpg
IMG_3061_(resized).JPG
pasted_image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider system11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#169 3 years ago

I'd just be really worried about the playfield on JJP machines given some of the horror stories and photos. Haven't played either but I watched a fair bit of both and the trolls would annoy me very quickly on TH. WOZ looks great but I was completely turned off seeing the pop bumper wear some people suffered. Also really don't like the LCD screen, it's too much to look at.

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

FWIW: After 1,000 plays with an average scores > 300,000 (so ~15 minute games), I'm thrilled with how my WOZ playfield has held up.
To pre-empt the "but that's home use" indictment, sometimes I question the notion that home use might somehow be better on a machine than route use. My games get way more action in my basement than most games in bars and restaurants I've ever seen.. though I do maintain them pretty diligently.

I agree with 'home use' - comes down to plays on a machine no more and no less. The wear I'm talking about affected at least some examples of WOZ, coming off in big chunks near the pop bumpers and chipping off at saucers/holes. Looked like the kind of wear you'd expect on an early 80s Flash Gordon at the pops so there was definitely some kind of problem. I don't know how common it is/was or if it's early or late ones that suffered. I'd like to know though, I did start idly considering getting a WOZ, it looks fun and it's very pretty.

#182 3 years ago

"Bleh artwork" on GB? Well we all have different tastes! I think it's the best art I've seen on a pin in years. Do those trolls on TH get annoying?

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from system11:

I'd just be really worried about the playfield on JJP machines given some of the horror stories and photos. Haven't played either but I watched a fair bit of both and the trolls would annoy me very quickly on TH. WOZ looks great but I was completely turned off seeing the pop bumper wear some people suffered. Also really don't like the LCD screen, it's too much to look at.

Funny story but 5 days after I post the above I got to play a WOZ on location - it had lots of plays and a perfect playfield, even around the saucers/holes. I cancelled my Ghostbusters order and a WOZ will be arriving here in a couple of days. Loved it.

As for TH a lot of the videos online aren't very good and make the game look pretty bad. This video is by far the best that I've seen:

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

You're saying the game looks bad, or the videos themselves?

A lot of the videos make the game look like there's not much to do other than bash trolls, and some are clearly set up wrong with many rejected ramp shots. This video showcases the game pretty well as far as I can tell and there's good variety the others lack. He's capturing audio from the line out too I think hence high quality. I'm hoping to go and play a TH this weekend. Depends on the weather really - I need to get WOZ in the house first and that means weather where I can unbox it outside the garage and remove the head so it can come indoors. Narrow doorways, in fact the widebody will only go through with about an inch to spare. When I moved a Judge Dredd in we put thick covers around the machine so catching the sides wouldn't cause damage.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 199.99
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
$ 50.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider system11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside