Topic Stats

• 225 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

jjpcolor_(resized).jpg
dmdcolor_(resized).jpg
dmdblackandwhite_(resized).jpg
IMG_3061_(resized).JPG
pasted_image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Well only the 10 of us standing around trying to figure it out. When you have no seasoned pinball players able to figure out what's happening and why it's happening, something is wrong

This is what will make the game great in a home collection.

If you and 9 other guys can figure out everything you're supposed to do in your first couple of games, something is wrong.

This game is designed to grow as you get better. It would absolutely suck in my opinion if it was so simple that it could be figured out quickly.

It will have more lasting power if it isn't a simple game.

Things will make sense in time. To expect to understand it right away would make it a shitty game.

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

There has been a rapid spike in sales/brokering of secondary market WoZ of every version since Christmas.
Collectors/buyers are not holding onto them, some still trying to sell them at near NIB cost.
NIB sales have stalled for remainder.
LEs are popping up all over the place, but I do not know if private sales are all being successful, as there is not enough data yet.
Operators continue to not be particularly happy about maintenance requirements either.
The code did not save the game from waning interest, not that it does not have the Roadshow "wow factor" from the 1990s.
TH may follow in the same suit, but not entirely due to code.
People can be a JJP fan, but unless something dastardly happens with GB code and mechanical feature implementation of Premium/LE units, the title is going to going to get out in front of the pack quick.

Your post is completely unsubstantiated about a rapid spike of sales in the secondary market.

There are very few listed right now, and prices are steady, all above $7k.

#152 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if it was just me, sure you could chalk it up to that. But when you have 10 other experienced tournament players also completely bewildered on WTF is going on, there is some sort of problem.

If I understand correctly, The Hobbit failed the "10 Experienced Tournament Player Bewilderment Test."

This is such a ridiculous determination of a problem.

#171 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Here are FIVE WoZ (higher end models) listed in the LAST WEEK by quick search all over the country.
They are all USED machines:

Do you really think five games for sale nationwide represents a "rapid spike in sales/brokering of secondary market WoZ?"

In fact, there are also FIVE Woz WTB ads right now.

Do a search on Lord of the Rings. There are also five listed for sale, not counting the one I just sold last week. I wouldn't call that a spike in sales either.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Hampton Roads, VA
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 12.99
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside