Topic Stats

• 225 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

jjpcolor_(resized).jpg
dmdcolor_(resized).jpg
dmdblackandwhite_(resized).jpg
IMG_3061_(resized).JPG
pasted_image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 3 years ago

Way too early to tell, but I have a feeling that BOTH GB and Hobbit will be awesome. Wait it out of you aren't early in the lines.

1 week later
#121 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Not so fast Awesome dots, audio, & theme integration. Second to none...especially with the ColorDMD mod.
Perfect example of using old technology better than new technology. Sure, The Hobbit images are crisp/beautiful, but they don't tell the story the way LOTR does. Sure, The Hobbit audio platform rocks when compared with LOTR, however the audio content just seems better integrated into the game (which makes it more fun & rewarding). From my perspective, LOTR is a far superior game done by a cohesive team that nailed it from day 1. I'd like nothing more than to like The Hobbit better...I've owned LOTR for 12 years and would love to replace it with something better.
Yes, the layout is mundane, but just like AFM, LOTR is the total package.

Let the code finish first...WOZ was weak when it first hit too. Now it's spectacular. Let it get worked out first and then judge.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

code finishing isn't going to change the layout or design.

People said the same shit about WOZ.

#161 3 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Captn, your way over the top with your comments on Woz. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the game after a dozen or so plays. But it does take many dozen games to understand the subtilties, which is what a home owner wants in a game now a days. To your point that it's too confusing to the causal walk up player, on the contrary. The game attracts the casual player with its light show, the lcd screen, the sounds, etc. After throwing in a couple of bucks, the casual players are going to have a general understanding of how to go forward.
The physical manual has been widely praised for its thoroughness. The game play section is not a Sears manual...
You need to tone down your dislike of the game if your going to make the points you've been writing for some credibility.

Agree...here's how simple WOZ is at a high level:
1) Spell rainbow to light the ramp for twister. Spin the house x times to start munchkin mode. Repeat 4 times to finish all munchkin modes.
2) Keep hitting witch to raise and fight her. The 4th time she rises you play fireball frenzy.
3) Spell BALL to light crystal ball mode (all are multiballs that 2x the pf while running). Hit crystal ball ball shot to start lit mode. Repeat 5 times to finish all BALL modes.
4) Spell each character (Scarecrow, Lion, Tinman) via rollover button hits. Each spelled character lights a lock on the ramp. Lock 3 and Emerald City multiball starts.
5) Hit both winged monkey targets to light capture Dorothy on the loops. Hit a loop to capture Dorothy. Spell rescue, then bash door to open it. Get ball in saucer behind door and Rescue multiball starts.

6) Light mini-wizard mode "Melt the Witch" by starting a single munchkin mode, play fireball frenzy, play emeral city multiball, and play rescue multiball. Hit witch to start it.

That's the real basics...lots of other side goals and nuances to it though. I didn't even talk about Haunted modes, HOADC, TNPLH, Toto, yellow brick road advances, multiball rules, SOTR, pf multipliers, hurry-ups, skill shots, etc...which may lead to some confusion I suppose, but the basics are pretty easy and well defined by the LCD and pf.

Edit: just look at the rules flowchart: it's easy.

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

well then, while I got you here. Explain the hex's to me in hobbit. Do I get something if I make straight line? Or a smiley face in them? Is there any benefit to getting lines or sections? Is it just random?

Don't know if there is anything to the arrangement (I suspect not), but WOZ code was lacking early on too...and it had those confusing flashing inserts that were toned down and lacked a lot of breadth. Is Hobbit complicated, yes. Hard to understand? Currently, somewhat. Starting modes is easy to understand as is Smaug multiball and the beast rules. That alone should keep people busy for a while. I'm confident that Keith's vision will come together nicely when the code matures.

Would you rather have a brutal simple game like IM or Tron where you see everything the game offers pretty much in the first couple of plays or would you rather have more depth like games such as TSPP, LOTR, SM, and WOZ where it takes months or years or more to see everything? Both are fun, I like both types of games to be honest. Some people prefer one of those types over the other. Variety is good.

#180 3 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Played both, GB by a mile. The only ones saying th are 8k short in the bank...

Not sure if you're trolling, but someone could say the same about GB. Nobody is locked into an order at this point, meaning they can still switch and buy whatever they think looks best.

3 weeks later
#205 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I can see myself owning TH some time down the road.
I was on the fence w/ TH when Stern announced GB. My money went to the BGLE instead. I was concerned that if I had placed an order for TH, It would be at least a year before I received it. That's the main reason I went w/ GB.
Still love my WOZECLE. The machine is built like a tank. Hopefully, down the road, I can own TH.

Big Guns LE?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Machine - For Sale
Hampton Roads, VA
£ 58.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside