Topic Stats

• 225 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

jjpcolor_(resized).jpg
dmdcolor_(resized).jpg
dmdblackandwhite_(resized).jpg
IMG_3061_(resized).JPG
pasted_image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#106 3 years ago

Interesting thread. I'm considering one of these two currently myself. Love my woz, met and acdc and wanted to add something different. I really liked TH last year at replay, but watching videos currently it seems to be missing a bunch of variety. GB looks good, but I'm waiting to see the premium as I think that's the model to get. My only concern is if GB is different enough from metallica to justify it. My other option is to wait and hope star wars is announced later this year. I'm leaning towards a GB premium currently.

1 week later
#172 3 years ago

Ive seen a bunch of Metallica's, Simpsons, Ironmans, and other greats for sale in the last 4 months too. Means nothing other than guys changing up collections, or needing money for something else. On the flip side, I don't see a ton of WWE pins pop up on pinside market. Does that mean it's such a great game that people aren't selling? Doubt it. Woz and hobbit are pricey. No doubt. They are built like tanks. Definitely. They are also the most beautiful, state of the art Cadillac's of pinball currently. That comes with a price. Some people like Cadillac's, others don't. Each to their own. It's ridiculous to argue that one company is better than the other when both companies are completely different in style and play. It's a benefit for us, and if we want to keep pushing innovative pinballs, then we need to support jjp and other new companies along with stern as well. Buy the ones you personally like, and be happy for guys that like the others. Don't try to bash a company just because you don't care for a particular game or owner.

#175 3 years ago

The pf problem on woz was in early production on the ecle models. They changed manufacturers and fixed it. There are a few threads out there with the dates to look out for, and the manufacturer stamp on pf. Anything from last year or newer should be good. Plus, my RR has mylar in all the trouble areas the factory installed. A valid concern, and I'm sure jjp pins won't be using the original crummy manufacturer anymore.

#183 3 years ago

I personally think most people just don't fully understand TH rules. After watching the videos and better learning the rules, I think th looks amazing. The pop ups make more sense now. It's a shooters game built all around timing. It's progressing a story at the same time. It's obviously a beautiful game. The playfield is more open, but that is actually nice for a change IMO. The videos I've seen are mostly fast playing. Not blazing fast, but fast. I already have a couple really fast sterns. It has really grown on me, and I am leaning heavily towards buying TH. I just think it would hold my interest longer. I'm still waiting to see a GB premium before deciding though. GB to me looks fun, but also simpler rules and is probably the better choice during events/parties. I don't like all the quick brutal games I see in videos, but hey, that's how the game was meant to be. If GB magnet slings work the way I was hoping, then I may change my mind, but for now, I'm really liking what I see and hear from TH owners.

#186 3 years ago
Quoted from system11:

As for TH a lot of the videos online aren't very good and make the game look pretty bad. This video is by far the best that I've seen:

You're saying the game looks bad, or the videos themselves? The video you posted definitely does the best job of helping understand how the game works along with the stashkid vid. After watching these videos, I'm really understanding TH better, and appreciate it even more. Will probably buy one soon unless GB premium blows me away. Anyway, great choice on woz. You'll love it

#188 3 years ago

System 11 I agree some videos looked boring, but after watching several like this video, I began to see how the game works. I'm totally interested in see further progression of modes and story. I like the pressure of the timed modes, the drop targets moving, and how the trolls try to stop you from making certain shots. TH looks better than I was thinking.

2 weeks later
#206 3 years ago

Just watched 1.10 code videos, and man, TH is looking awesome! I really need to get one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
£ 58.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 12.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside